The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MagiDate - card at a birthday date - iPhone App by Sean Goodman (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Profile of simplymagicweb
Hi guys. Here's an app which I've developed which I hope you like! I've been using it for the past couple of months and been getting excellent responses. MagiDate is the classic card at any birthday plot but using the iPhone calendar rather than a conventional diary.

It can be performed with or without cards. It can be repeated too.

The best thing I think however is that as it uses the iPhone calendar, there is no suspicion of an app being in play at all. Just hand over the phone, they look for their birthday and see the predicted card on their date. Simple.

What's more, the card sequence used in the calendar matches the Bart Harding stack which is used in the wonderful Paul Gordon diary trick so magicians who currently perform Paul's effect can use MagiDate too. Thank you Paul for your permission to mention your effect.

It uses the iPhone lock security screen as the input method - big thanks to Angelo Carbone here for allowing me to use his original idea.

Here's the link;

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id996208135

I will be posting a video clip soon so will keep you updated.

Cheers

Any questions, feel free to drop me a pm. Sean
Magically,

Website - www.simplymagic.co.uk
Twitter - www.twitter.com/simplymagic19
Facebook - www.facebook.com/SeanGoodmanMagician

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
So It can be any card at all at any birthday date? :o
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1691 Posts

Profile of Markymark
Now that is clever technology!.....[but not magic]
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Not any card - there's a choice of 4 - Queen Hearts, 2 Hearts, 3 Spades and King of Spades
Magically,

Creator of BDZ, Holidayz, The Grayle, DUO, Secret Servante, Genetics, Vision, Tick Tock, Starstruck, CelebriDate, MagiDate, Focus, SIGMA and R2R
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2015, simplymagicweb wrote:
Not any card - there's a choice of 4 - Queen Hearts, 2 Hearts, 3 Spades and King of Spades

Hmmm. Sounds very familiar.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi Bob. Yes it's a classic theme but using a iPhone calendar and not a conventional diary. And the iPhone can be checked and the spectators card only shows on their birthday. It's not at any other date.
Magically,

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Great adaptation. Easy to setup with almost no memory work. Method isn't perfect, but it's easy to use and works like a charm. Another winner from Sean.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Cheers Eric. I use it with 4 breather crimped marked cards (the 4 force cards of course) which allows a totally hands off presentation regarding the cards. Incidentally, these cards were selected as they aren't in the Bart Harding Stack - could have used more than 4, but this would have remembering more cards more difficult. The Queen of Hearts and 2 of Hearts are also very cool cards, particularly at weddings where I perform a lot at!
Magically,

emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
4748 Posts

Profile of emyers99
Problem: I has someone say Feb 2. They opened calendar and there was no card on Feb 2, 2015. Instead, it was on Feb 2, 2014. Tried a few days in April with same result. Yet when I tried days in early June, they showed up in 2015. So either I'm doing something wrong or there comes a point where certain dates show up in the following year. Suboptimal so I hope that isn't the case.
simplymagicweb
View Profile
Inner circle
Norfolk, UK
1415 Posts

Hi Eric. I've dropped you a PM buddy.
Magically,

BobMillerMAGIC!
View Profile
Regular user
MN
105 Posts

Profile of BobMillerMAGIC!
Quote:
On Jun 13, 2015, simplymagicweb wrote:
Cheers Eric. I use it with 4 breather crimped marked cards (the 4 force cards of course) which allows a totally hands off presentation regarding the cards. Incidentally, these cards were selected as they aren't in the Bart Harding Stack - could have used more than 4, but this would have remembering more cards more difficult. The Queen of Hearts and 2 of Hearts are also very cool cards, particularly at weddings where I perform a lot at!

I've just come across the Bart Harding stack this year, so it's new to me. But could you explain how four cards "aren't in the BH Stack" ?
PreDate: The NoMem Calendar Trick
http://www.BobMillerMagic.biz
NFGmagic
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of NFGmagic
Just tried to open https://itunes.apple.com/gb/app/id996208135 mentioned above in the Appstore.
Its not available, is that a EU problem? Would very much like to try it.
Also, I am not aware of a non-52 cards Harding stack, use it often.
By the way, the Harding stack has become popular since Bart Harding mentioned it.
But it was in use earlier, who is the founder?
Regards, NFG.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
It’s no longer available anywhere.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MagiDate - card at a birthday date - iPhone App by Sean Goodman (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL