The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brass Bill Tube (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

dkbeckley
View Profile
New user
PA Wilds
5 Posts

Profile of dkbeckley
I was wondering if all the bill tubes work the same way. I bought one, it was used and didn't come with instructions. I assumed I would be able to figure it out. There is only one way I can see that it might work, but when I watch videos of the trick I don't think my solution is correct. I hate to buy another, or I could buy a very cheap plastic one if they work the same way. Thanks for any input. I would be glad to pm an expert to tell you how I think it might work, and see if I am on the right track.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
PM me! ( "X" is an unknown quantity! A "spurt" is a drip, under pressure!:) but, I'll try to give you 5 cents worth of help!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3386 Posts

Profile of Julie
There are at least TWO versions of a Bill Tube. Each has a unique design/secret.

Yes, the more conventional one, with a locking bar and a small padlock, works similarly to many of the plastic models.

Julie
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8363 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Hi Julie! Yes, shc PMd me, and I sent her some inst. sheets. She hasn't read my PM yet.
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3386 Posts

Profile of Julie
There's another clever variation of a Bill Tube that is constructed along the lines of a Coin Safe: it has no bar or lock, but it takes FOREVER for the audience helper to unscrew the lid and finally discover his bill inside.

This one will stand up to even closer scrutiny than the original Bill Tubes.

Julie
dkbeckley
View Profile
New user
PA Wilds
5 Posts

Profile of dkbeckley
Thank you for all your help. It is wonderful to have a forum like this.
kleini
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kleini
Hi, I have bought one of those bill tubes myself, but it didn't come with instructions. it's with a lock and a pin. anyone here able to help me?
thank you.
Michael
kleini
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of kleini
Bumb Smile
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6724 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I have both versions. The classic with the lock, and the screw-off. I like the screw-off much better. It is much more deceptive.

Doug
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Brass Bill Tube (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.34 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL