The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » French postcards by Chris Philpott (10 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
This looks really cool.

Chris Philpott's French Postcards is a wildly entertaining version of Paul Curry’s Out of this World.
https://youtu.be/U6sZ8z54x2U
A study out of Cornell University recently made headlines: subjects could predict if a picture was going to appear on the left or right side of a computer screen but only when they used erotic pictures!
To test the theory, you show 12 postcards from various destinations and 12 French postcards (these are vintage nudes -- elegant, sepia-toned, upper-body nudity). The cards are mixed; then, without looking, a spectator sorts them by sensing if a card has sexual energy or not. The results are perfect!
The effect includes 24 custom-made postcards, written instructions and links to video instructions, updates, extra effects and a bonus comedy script by professional comic and magician, Bruce Gold. Also includes Jon Armstrong’s “Out of this Blah Blah Blah,” the cleanest OOTW handling ever!
"Finally, a reason to do Out of this World, that holds attention from start to finish. With French Postcards, they'll never forget you!”
Jean-Luc.R.
View Profile
Inner circle
QUEBEC - CANADA
1401 Posts

Profile of Jean-Luc.R.
Great idea !

Link to this product : $24,99

http://www.magicaonline.com/french_postcards.htm
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Genius and simple, just the way I like it. Congratulations Chris! The thematic twist in here is appealing and provocative in a subtle manner.

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4178 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Wow, this does look good for sure.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Chris has always put out useable effects, I use 100 the monkey and babel in every show. I will pick this up as soon as funds allow.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Alex DLF
View Profile
Inner circle
1730 Posts

Profile of Alex DLF
Amazing touch on a "boring" effect when done with cards.. Great job !
Get yourself the Flap Cards guide : http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/4435

Make sure to check my review website, new reviews coming every week ! http://lesavisdalexis.wix.com/reviews
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of Chris Philpott
Hey guys -- thank you so much for the kind words!

Here's a link to the video for French Postcards: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6sZ8z54x2U I tried to do this one a little differently, from using Edith Piaf on the soundtrack to ending with a 30 second close up of a young woman watching the effect. Hope you enjoy it!

-Chris
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1380 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Chris,
I've never seen a better clip to convince me to buy a trick. And I don't mean the entire video (though, it's all fine). I just mean the final clip of the girl's reaction. No over-the-top music, no ridiculous animated titles, no attempt to make this seem like a trailer for Nolan's next film. Just a simple, pure response. Sold.
It's all in the reflexes.
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Thank you, Illucifer.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Are the cards laminated. If not it seems excessive use might destroy them.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2524 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 22, 2015, Steven Conner wrote:
Are the cards laminated. If not it seems excessive use might destroy them.

if not, you could easily get them laminated. Of course, then they no longer seem like ordinary postcards...
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Would it be too much to ask as to which method is used? Or is this a new method of separation? Chris?
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1380 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Personally, I would not want laminated cards. Why would you? Do you often come across laminated post cards? I don't think so. Therefore, I presume your spectators don't either. That's not to say you couldn't contrive a justification for having them laminated, but, again, why? I'd prefer they all have some wear-and-tear, and look and feel like the real thing.
Illucifer
View Profile
Inner circle
1380 Posts

Profile of Illucifer
Pegasus, I don't imagine Chris is going to detail the method here. If he did that, no one would need to purchase his product.
the Sponge
View Profile
Inner circle
Atlanta
2524 Posts

Profile of the Sponge
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Would it be too much to ask as to which method is used? Or is this a new method of separation? Chris?

right there in your post:
"includes Jon Armstrong’s “Out of this Blah Blah Blah,” the cleanest OOTW handling ever!"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Oh yeh thanks. That's copy and paste for yer.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2468 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Quote:
On Jun 23, 2015, Illucifer wrote:
Personally, I would not want laminated cards. Why would you? Do you often come across laminated post cards? I don't think so. Therefore, I presume your spectators don't either. That's not to say you couldn't contrive a justification for having them laminated, but, again, why? I'd prefer they all have some wear-and-tear, and look and feel like the real thing.

My post did not illicit an attack, just a question. I've never received a laminated card nor do I use them excessively either. I have seen post cards with a very light film on them though. Spectator's could care less.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Chris Philpott
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Hey Steven -- no the postcards are not laminated -- they are standard-looking postcards. They are reasonably durable but I imagine you could laminate or put on some kind of protective spray to make them moreso -- just test with a standard postcard first.

Hey Pegasus -- I detail two methods in the instructions, but the one I use is Jon Armstrong's which is incredible. It is quite easy and eliminates the need to change piles: all the erotic cards are dealt into one pile and all the regular cards are dealt into the other and the final display (shown in the video) is super clean. (Thanks to Jon for letting me include it!)
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8269 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Ok thanks Chris. I have no clue as to either method but I'll take your word for it. Will this be available in the UK?
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2500 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
Looks good.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » French postcards by Chris Philpott (10 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL