The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..16..20..24..28..32..33~34~35 [Next]
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Just now received shipping notification.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On Jun 29, 2015, Chessmann wrote:
Just now received shipping notification.

Ah okay still haven't received mine
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
None here either. Thanks for letting us know that you received your confirmation Chessmann.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Well I guess mine didn't ship! Hopefully it's just because they have so many to ship and not because of other delays.
altrez
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
218 Posts

Profile of altrez
Got my shipping confirmation! Looking forward to trying this out.

-Altez
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2708 Posts

Profile of kinesis
My PayPal payment went through so hopefully Mine will arrive - whenever.

I don't often post on The Café but checked this topic AFTER I had made the purchase.

I've read every post and am pretty disgusted at the attitude of the majority of people posting about a product they haven't actually received.

I often post reviews of effects I've purchased but I won't be doing that with this, I don't think I could be bothered with all the B!tching.

Seriously!!!!
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
magic_tony
View Profile
Loyal user
277 Posts

Profile of magic_tony
So it's OK to make complimentary comments about a product that nobody has yet received, but not less complimentary ones?
You can't have it both ways!

ALL opinions so far, both negative and positive (bar the few who have seen it) are speculative.
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
Just got my shipping confirmation
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I'm gonna cry :'( I'm still without my shipping confirmation.

This is one of the only times I get impatient haha
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just got my shipping notification. Yahoo! Smile
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
Keep us up to date on those shipping notifications guys; gripping stuff!
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
Quote:
On Jun 30, 2015, kinesis wrote:

I've read every post and am pretty disgusted at the attitude of the majority of people posting about a product they haven't actually received.

I often post reviews of effects I've purchased but I won't be doing that with this, I don't think I could be bothered with all the B!tching.

Seriously!!!!

Welcome to the internet. Welcome to the response any company gets when they market something in such an over-hyped way. Welcome to magic forums, where magicians speculate on methods and effects because they like sharing ideas and opinions.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
Welcome to the internet...

...where class and courtesy are too often 2nd class citizens.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Edit -
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Still not got the shippment notification lol xD
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ok, it arrived.

Now, bear in mind that I have not watched the online instructions, yet. I have only looked at these in a variety of lighting conditions.

My pre-instructional-watching verdict?

These. Are. Horrendous.

A few points:

- I guessed that there would be only 1 area, or window, of change, and that any further movement in the same direction would cause no further change. I was wrong - if you keep moving the card, the change appears over and over again.

- I checked to see how angles were. Whether you are straight on or looking from a side angle, you can see the changes, no problem.

- Light reflection on the cards in various conditions will need to be managed with great (!) care. It will be very easy to give the game away.

- There is no way on god's green earth I will perform the effects using the cards for the color-changing card, the ear bud cord or the transposing angels. The changes are incredibly sensitive to movement, and you simply cannot see with the spectator's eyes.

- I might actually get some use out of the coin gimmick.

Again, I assumed that only one instance of change was possible when you moved the card one way, and only one instance of change would be possible when the card is moved the other way. Such is not the case, and really throws a wrench into many of the plans I had for this.

Upon first looking at the cards I LOL'd and said, "Holy crap!"

Well, that's my pre-instructional tutorial opinion. I will now watch the online tutorial, and hope to have my thinking changed. If it is, I will be the first to eat crow.
robd
View Profile
Loyal user
251 Posts

Profile of robd
Hold on, what? You mean to say it hasn't 'changed the face of magic' for you?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Jul 1, 2015, robd wrote:
Hold on, what? You mean to say it hasn't 'changed the face of magic' for you?

Oh, its changed... Smile
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
In all fairness, I would at least watch the tutorial before posting impressions, right?
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..7~8~9~10~11..16..20..24..28..32..33~34~35 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL