The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
Sean- Yes, it does look really nice, but it also looks like a trick video shot. I'm not sure that you can convince anyone seeing it that the color change wasn't done on your computer (on the remote chance that someone would mention it....which they won't). Not that you would want to dispute the client, but you then won't recreate the effect in person, as I understand your comment. But, in any case, that is ONE NICE PROMO VIDEO!!! I hope it's working for you.
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2015, MJE wrote:
Sean- Yes, it does look really nice, but it also looks like a trick video shot. I'm not sure that you can convince anyone seeing it that the color change wasn't done on your computer (on the remote chance that someone would mention it....which they won't). Not that you would want to dispute the client, but you then won't recreate the effect in person, as I understand your comment. But, in any case, that is ONE NICE PROMO VIDEO!!! I hope it's working for you.

Yes, I guess some people may assume it is a camera trick, but I am hoping to start posting more uncut performances for people to build some credibility Smile And thank you very much for checking out the video!!! Smile it means a lot!
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
While its def a cool video (love the revolution bloopers) but if this is meant as a promo video so people will check you out (whether its just to see your videos or to actually get gigs), you might want to rethink it. It takes til the 28 second mark before we actually see you and see you doing magic. For a video that is only 1:28 long (and of that it technically ends at 1:08) its just too much dead time. Just my two cents! Either way it's a fun video and I'm glad someone got use out of the gimmick!
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2015, JustJoshinMagic wrote:
While its def a cool video (love the revolution bloopers) but if this is meant as a promo video so people will check you out (whether its just to see your videos or to actually get gigs), you might want to rethink it. It takes til the 28 second mark before we actually see you and see you doing magic. For a video that is only 1:28 long (and of that it technically ends at 1:08) its just too much dead time. Just my two cents! Either way it's a fun video and I'm glad someone got use out of the gimmick!

Thanks for the advice man! I'm pretty new at making YouTube videos and what not so I still have a lot to learn Smile
JustJoshinMagic
View Profile
Special user
Montreal, QC
966 Posts

Profile of JustJoshinMagic
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, seanksutton wrote:
Quote:
On Oct 15, 2015, JustJoshinMagic wrote:

Thanks for the advice man! I'm pretty new at making YouTube videos and what not so I still have a lot to learn Smile

My pleasure! With YouTube videos, you want to grab their attention in the first 10 seconds. It took me years to figure that out
Check out my magic here:
http://JustJoshinMagic.com

and my official Instagram!
http://instagram.com/JustJoshinMagic
pelicantrapper
View Profile
Regular user
VA
193 Posts

Profile of pelicantrapper
I agree that it could look good on video but would be hard to recreate perfectly in person. And Yep, I had an awesome video of a marriage proposal I got to help with as a magician. My intro was like 30 seconds to a minute and the view count suffered because of this. WAY TO LONG. lol. But have since learned.

When will this thread die? (:

Cheers!
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Oct 16, 2015, pelicantrapper wrote:

When will this thread die? (:

E had considered continuing to aggressively market "Change" until this messenger of Poseidon arrived with an important missive for them:

My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
knownmagician
View Profile
Regular user
120 Posts

Profile of knownmagician
I know this is an old post but where I could buy this gimmick beside from the ellusionist? I could not find on the ellusionist side.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Ebay might be productive. Post up that you're looking for it on the buy/sell forum here at the Café (if you haven't already).

Maybe do a google search for it and see if a magic store got their hands on one and have one for sale.

Contact Ellusionist and see if they happen to have one lying around they'd be willing to sell.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
MJE
View Profile
Elite user
After all these years,I STILL have only
409 Posts

Profile of MJE
There are a few Facebook groups for selling used and new magic. I've never used them (yet), so I don't know if there are "Wanted To Buy" listings, but it seems logical that there would be.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
I revisited this topic tonight for 'fun'. My wife just came down with the Coronavirus (she's doing ok, sniffles and a little achey (sp?) ), and I noted someone saying they were headed to Niagara Falls and might try "Change" out on some tourists.

Well, my wife and I went to Niagara Falls a couple months ago - first time for each of us. Let me say, if you want to see something that could "change" you forever Smile go to Niagara Falls, find a spot near the horseshoe and just watch. Gorgeous, powerful...no shortage of superlatives. Definitely recommend the Canadian side.

AND! For Star Trek fans, Ticonderoga, New York has a wonderful Star Trek museum. They've re-created most all of the original sets from the Enterprise. You can get a tour with pictures and any amount of trivia you can name. You visit the bridge, engine room, Kirk's quarters, sick bay. the legendary 'tube' with a ladder in it where Scotty does some emergency repairs, the transporter room. Just greatness.

And I must say, my 'image' of New York has always been New York City. But I have today, we drove from Niagara Falls across the state to Vermont, and it was BEAUTIFUL! Very rural. And the green color of the grass was as beautiful as I've ever seen grass. So glad I went. The Falls and the Star Trek museum are HIGHLY recommended.

Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » CHANGE over @ Ellusionist (278 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..9..15..21..27..33~34~35
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL