The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good Expanded Shell (7 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
Danwseers
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Danwseers
I don't have problems getting replies from Todd. If you have conveyed any impatience that might explain why you still have no response. Todd is at the point where he works because he wants to, not because he has to. Unless you can accommodate his work times/response rates, then you two won't match up. Best bet is to call him, confirm the order, the email a follow up confirmation. If you email a bunch of questions, then you will be waiting a long time for a response.
jkh0208
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of jkh0208
I haven't conveyed any impatience. I emailed him once every couple months with purchase inquiries. I'm not sure what's considered a long time for a response in his term, but a year and 8 months is quite excessive no matter how busy someone is. People here have told me not to do business with Roy Kuepers because of his poor contact habits with customers, but I've bought 4 sets from him and 2 sets from Schoolcraft while waiting for Mr. Lassen to respond, and haven't had issues with either one. Both of them responded to me within 24 hours of emailing them.
Danwseers
View Profile
New user
78 Posts

Profile of Danwseers
Call him.

I would caution the temptation to evaluate one based upon unrelated people. While they may all make gaffs, that is their only common attribute. Some people use email more than others. Some people employ other staff in meeting consumer demand. Some people approach their work because it is their job. The differences between can be astounding.

Todd is a good guy, means well, wants to do things when he wants to do them. You can't throw money at someone with those priorities and expect it to sway their behavior.

Seriously, start calling him. I think 1 in 3 calls I get him, but vary the times of day too.
jkh0208
View Profile
New user
36 Posts

Profile of jkh0208
I never was able to get ahold of Mr. Lassen after years of trying, but now it looks like it's too late. Just found out he passed away
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
Michael O'Brien gave a great review of Todd Lashaw's coins back in December on his YouTube channel. Link: Morgan Dollar Replicas, Coins and Gaffs. Curious if anyone else has tried them?
inigmntoya
View Profile
Inner circle
DC area native, now in Atlanta
2078 Posts

Profile of inigmntoya
Tom's a good guy to order from, but a few points to counter from the review you linked. You don't need to be a coin expert to spot them as fake... You just need to know what real Morgans look like and they will jump out at you. For stand-up / parlor you're probably fine. I wouldn't use them close-up unless you're prepared to address the fact that they aren't real. The comment about dropping the coins is off. Silver is a fairly soft metal and is far more likely to dent or scratch than copper or brass. From the inside view of the shells in the video, they appear to be brass, which means the advice on softening the coins and/or shell is a no-go... You'll end up removing the silver color.

From what was shown, I only have the jumbo coin, and it's great. Good size, nice heft, and because it's obviously not real, the visual discrepancies with real Morgans can be easily ignored/forgiven.

For a cheap knock around/practice set they're fine. For a nice set at a much lower price than real silver, I'd go with the white copper ones from Bluether for a more accurate look and silver colored metal all the way through.

Quote:
On May 24, 2021, stevevoltz wrote:
Michael O'Brien gave a great review of Todd Lashaw's coins back in December on his YouTube channel. Link: Morgan Dollar Replicas, Coins and Gaffs. Curious if anyone else has tried them?
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
Thanks for the correction inigmnotya (and the comments about comparing the repliicas to real coins). It is indeed Tom, not Todd, Lashaw. I'd been reading about the late Todd Lassen, and flat out bolixed the names in my post.
stevevoltz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of stevevoltz
Jeez. I shouldn't post when I'm tired. Tom *Ladshaw*.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Good Expanded Shell (7 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL