The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Waiting time after selling an item. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Last week I sold a prop on another site. Friday morning the fellow that wanted it, texted me he was out and about, and he would pay pal me the money, followed with his address later in the day so I could ship it to him. Well, that was the last I've heard from him. I've sent him messages, but no response. There is another guy that wants the item and has sent me several messages to be sure to let him know if the sale falls through.
So, I'm curious how long should a person wait on someone to get back to them. As I said, Friday morning was the last time I heard from the guy.
Thanks for you time, Bob.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I'd say a day or two unless I hear from him, I'd sell to someone else. Unless a deposit has been paid or arrangements to hold it for a specified amount of time, I say after a day or two I say sell it the next guy in line.
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Mindpro, Thank you for taking the time to reply.
I figured I gave the first guy more than enough time. I just wanted a second opion on if my thoughts were the same.
I've contacted the next guy in line.
Thanks again, Bob.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I would send a PM to that person and just state that you haven't heard back - and intend to re-list sell to someone else by such and such a time.

Personally (and I sell and buy a lot of stuff around here) I would give someone a 2-3 days.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Send an email telling him that if you don't hear from him by ______ that you have another taker. or as Saysold1 suggested, just tell him you are moving on.

I've had several people do this to me. It is nerve racking and rude.

-Mary Mowder
Dr. Delusion
View Profile
Special user
Eugene, Oregon.
733 Posts

Profile of Dr. Delusion
Thank you very much for your thoughts on this.
I did send him a total of 5 e-mails over the 4 days,(Fri-Mon.). He never did respond to any of them after first saying he wanted it and soon as he got home he would paypal me the money. With my last one on Monday I let him know that I was selling the item to the next person in line and explained that I hope that there was no hard feelings ether way. I never have heard back. It would have been nice if he at least sent a message back that he maybe jumped the gun on wanting the item.
Bob.
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10619 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yeah, I have never been able to understand why people don't have the decency to let someone know they've changed their minds or decided otherwise, especially after you've offered such arrangements to hold it for them.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10798 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Yep as Mindpro says - it is hard to understand but it can and does happen. Just move on - this is still a great place to buy and sell stuff.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme(R) line of aerospace level quality, made in the USA utility props. https://svenpads.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Waiting time after selling an item. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL