The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » A-1 Magicalmedia All-Stars Vol. 3 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

hp
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of hp
I purchased this used on the Café since it featured Juan Tamariz along with Darwin Ortiz, Rafael Benatar, and Mark Strivings. Overall, I would rate this as an average tape.

Juan Tamariz performs and pretty much explains a routine from Mnemonica, Routine in Major D. It relies on his memorized deck and requires a faro shuffle. This is a real fooler and it is always a pleasure to see Juan perform. I would think if you wanted to perform the routine you would want to purchase Mnemonica.

Darwin Ortiz presents and explains his New Tens Routine. He includes some very useful information including a nice way to set up for a double lift. He explains the Cliff Green method of doing a double, a John Cornelius Card Change, a Hofzinser two-card change, a Bruce Eliot swivel cut revelation, a nice way of getting a break under the top card of the lower packet of the deck, and Neal Elias’ A Cutting Discovery. This was the high point of the DVD for me.

Rafael Benatar’s two segments were placed out of order. His explanation of the Marlo Spread Change depended on his Slippery Double technique (dropping a double to the table from the top of the deck), but that segment was placed after the Marlo Spread Change segment. The Slippery Double requires getting the proper knack which I haven’t been able to do yet. The moves are very convincing though.
Mark Strivings explains his Dakota Miracle, where he reads the serial number off a borrowed dollar bill. He gets a lot of mileage from a straightforward technique.

Howard
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
685 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Thanks for your review, Howard. I'd long forgotten about this, but your comments have made me want to watch it again.

I do seem to remember being totally fooled by Juan's routine.

Iain.
Rafael Benatar
View Profile
V.I.P.
Spain
163 Posts

Profile of Rafael Benatar
Hi hp. Regarding the Slippery Double technique. This was never meant as a separate item. A-1 selected it from stuff that was left out of my 3-set DVD where I explain the move in depth. My new Penguin lecture (Aug 2, 2015) includes a large section on doubles, with an updated explanation on this moves and others that may be used for the same purposes.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » A-1 Magicalmedia All-Stars Vol. 3 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL