We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Wand By Losander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Profile of Magicjohnathon
I bought my Dancing Wand about 6 months ago, I absolutely love it. However I have only mastered the standard circular motion move. But I was just wondering if there was anyone else out there that owns a Losander Dancing Wand? Has anyone mastered the around the body move with one of these wands yet?
Or how about a figure eight? Just curious!
"If at first you don't succeed! Than skydiving is definately not for you"!
Magically Johnathon Marshall
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
Is this like the dancing cane? If so, a volume of McBrides magic on stage video has lots of moves on it.

But maybe it's not the same thing.
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Yes, in a lot of ways its like the dancing cane,
The gimmick is contained inside the wand, which makes
it easy to start and finish clean. When you let go of the gimmick it retracts inside the wand. I love it, I just want to add some more moves. But I do believe the gimmick in the Wand is shorter than the Canes gimmick.
Any other suggestions? Thanks...
Fredrick
View Profile
Loyal user
Seattle
247 Posts

Profile of Fredrick
Quote:
On 2004-02-17 07:23, Magicjohnathon wrote:
Has anyone mastered the around the body move with one of these wands yet?
Or how about a figure eight? Just curious!

Jonathon,

I have had mine almost a year. Its still a work-in-process for me. I am also working on how to best use in it my act.

Be well ~ Fredrick
"Try to find the humanity in the magic and maybe you'll come up with something of your own. It's the humanity that gets you there, not techniques." Michael Moschen on Creativity
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Ditto! I still fancy my aluminum dancing cane.
It seems easier to manipulate to me, But I still go back to Losander's wand now and then...When I get the bugs worked out, I'm sure it will be quite an audience pleaser! Thanks Fredrick, Hope to hear more from you.
maylor
View Profile
Loyal user
england
231 Posts

Profile of maylor
How long do your routines last for this? I feel, this this effect soon loses it magical appearance if done for more than a few seconds.
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Yes I agree with Jeff McBrides thoughts on keeping it short and mysterious. Too much exposure of the dancing cane gives the audience too much oppertunity to search for the secret. And I love keeping secrets...
magic4u02
View Profile
Eternal Order
Philadelphia, PA
15111 Posts

Profile of magic4u02
This is one of those effects where the magic becomes redundant fairly quickly and it happens to be the same thing over and over again.

If you add something to the routine in the way of a theme or music or transition effects, then you start to give a little more to the audience to watch and get excited about.

Remember not to try and "wow" them, try and "entertain" them instead.

Kyle
Kyle Peron

http://www.kylekellymagic.com

Entertainers Product Site

http://kpmagicproducts.com

Join Our Facebook Fan Page at

http://facebook.com/perondesign
Merenkov
View Profile
Elite user
410 Posts

Profile of Merenkov
I know this is an old thread, but I just got one of these wands. I love the retractibility of the gimmick, and the fact that I can put it in my pocket, but I've found manipulation a little challenging. After two or three rotations in one direction, the wand tends to want to go horizontal (or it hits the gimmick, forcing it to go haywire). Is the key to change direction every couple of revolutions, or do I just not have the knack yet? Please limit responses to Losander's wand, as I think the balancing issues are different than for canes. Thanks in advance for any help.
Devious
View Profile
Inner circle
2120 Posts

Profile of Devious
Try using a longer length than what Dirk recommends. Give the wand room to breathe away from you and take on a life of it's own.
Devious Deceptions
"Gadol Elohai!"
L'Chaim!
Magicjohnathon
View Profile
Regular user
Oakdale, CA.
122 Posts

Yes Merenkov I have that problem too! But I haven't tried Devious' suggestion of using a longer length gimmick. I did get a chance to meet Lossander at Jeff McBride's house last summer and hoped he would give me a few tips on the wand. But he was very distracted by all of us students asking him questions. He did perform his levitating table for us! Darn that was amazing!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Try my Dancing Cane 101 Dvd. The majority of the work on that will give you lots of moves for your wand.
http://www.precisionmagic.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
You will know what David means when you download the preview of the Dancing Cane 101 Dvd.

Here's the page - http://www.precisionmagic.com/Dancing%20Cane%20101%20DVD.htm

David covers many application angles that can also be used for the dancing wands.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Thanks James,
Magicians everywhere are benefitting by owning the DVD. A lot of work went into it.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I gave up the dancing cane years ago because it looked silly in my hands! I had an anodized red, aluminum cane, made by/for Paul Diamond. It was a killer prop, looked great, was well balanced, and worked wonderfully. I just did a poor job of it!

So I built a dancing wand based on some of Max Howard’s ideas and using some of the dancing cane moves. I worked well for me for a decade or two then ended up in a box somewhere!

After watching Losander perform his dancing wand and watching David’s clip I am inspired to pull out my old wand/stick and get back to work!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
I am getting hammered to make a dancing wand? What do you guys think, can magic stand a dancing or floating classic magic wand(Black with silver tips)? Or will our brother magi think it is just another rip off of Losanders wand? But, I can tell you without a doubt if I did make a wand it certainly would not be a rip off! I have developed and owned my own technology for this type of device for quite some time! Even Losander will tell you that! Well maybe not!
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5342 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
I'm in for a dancing wand/stick. Losander is not the first to put one out and his "technology" is not origional to him.

Max Howard was pitching a dancing wand over 30 years ago at his lectures. He hoped it would replace the Zombie (it didn't!). A few years ago (again well before Losander) Richard Robinson put out his version of the "Magic Stick" a dancing stick routine. Granted both Howard's and Robinson's involved almost no "technology" compared to your Dancing Cane or Losander's dancing stick.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
A dancing wand would be great as it can also be used along with other wand effects in the market.

How about an appearing wand effect as the opener that changes color, then floats and dance around and multiples after that?

An 'all-in-one-wand routine' packaged together as one product would be great.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Harry I haven't heard that name in a long long time. Also, Professor Tong has some pretty good routined Ideas going on there! How long would this dancing wand have to be?
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
If you can match the length and size of the other wands in the market, then it would make your dancing wand attractive for performers to string it along with other wand effects during the development of their routines. Unless you are offering an 'all-in-one' wand - then the size can be determined by you.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Wand By Losander (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL