We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Wand By Losander (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Well, I prefer a 17 Inch Wand, but it seems that the norm is 20 inches. You know if you were a fly on the wall listening to part of the topic, you might how strange that all sounded. But the truth of the matter is... What wands specificialy, do you think would be an all inclusive wand? Maybe, I may be stupid or something but, I am not sure how your going to do a colorchanging appearing wand that dances. I mean I can think of a couple ways to do it! Mostly, skill! But they are impractical for most magicians.
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5345 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
A 17-inch wand would be a great size! This whole thread is becoming mind boggling! Good thinking James you have my old creative juices flowing!
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Harry, let's mix our juices together and have fun.

David, it is possible to not only do the colorchanging appearing wand that dances but also multiplies after the dancing.

Let us tickle our mind on this matter together.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
Well, it could be done, like a standard colorchanging wand (external sleeve) with the gimmick on the sleeve. Wouldn't even loose the internal thread system. Might even be able to make it change colors automatically. Remember, I thought of this first! Ha! Ha!
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I will be waiting to buy that creation from you, David.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
Another great David Mann creation is born.
Dmann
View Profile
Inner circle
Crossville, Tennessee
1683 Posts

Profile of Dmann
No pressure right guys! But actually I have come up with a foolproof method.
Jacob Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1760 Posts

Profile of Jacob Smith
A floating wand in dave's T flight move would get everyone in the room to go crazy!
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4930 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Watch a online video with Losander Dancing Wand :
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F0Iflz8IjJw
cardone
View Profile
Special user
852 Posts

Profile of cardone
I just got one ..and I love it !!
echomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
344 Posts

Profile of echomagic
The Dancing Wand put out by Losander was made to be used close-up. It comes with a " holder " that can be attached to your belt or waist for carrying it around. It is the perfect walk around effect. Have it float for just a moment. Short and sweet.

Many of the Dancing Cane moves were not geared for this particular wand. It would put a lot of stress on the gimmick.
tsewnhoj
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of tsewnhoj
Hey guys. I'd been looking at the Losander Wand. Then I saw the demo video of the one being sold at http://www.wizardwandz.com.

Check it out. It's a little more expensive. However, I ordered one and really love it.

Let me know what you guys think?
GarySumpter
View Profile
Special user
UK
857 Posts

Profile of GarySumpter
Its Fearsons floating cigarette with a wand, wands that look like that can be bought MUCH cheaper elsewhere.

Sorry but I hate things like that!

Ive seen Losander floating his wand and it looked very nice.

Gary
Acecardician
View Profile
Inner circle
New Orleans
1354 Posts

Profile of Acecardician
Does anyone have the instructions for Losander's Floating wand they could email me?
I have this for sale in tricks and effects for trade or sale, and I lost the instructions. help would be appreciated.

thanks

ACE
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I agree with Echomagic, the gimmick would not be likely to stand up to the more vigorous moves which you might use with a dancing cane. You can do the effect close-up however which is a big plus for an effect like this. Losander's cane also would not stand up to any vigorous moves. I personally like a bit of contrast in the speed and power of movements in the routine. Losander's wand is a beautiful effect though and although it uses the same method as the dancing cane it has a different feel to it.
Alexander Wells
View Profile
Veteran user
311 Posts

Profile of Alexander Wells
I'd better revise my previous statement! After spending a bit more time with this prop, I've found I can do the same moves with the wand as I can with a dancing cane fitted with a much thicker gimmick.
Losander's gimmick is much more durable than one might think.
pwolverine
View Profile
Regular user
Melbourne, Australia
109 Posts

Profile of pwolverine
Quote:
On 2008-01-17 22:19, Acecardician wrote:
Does anyone have the instructions for Losander's Floating wand they could email me?
I have this for sale in tricks and effects for trade or sale, and I lost the instructions. help would be appreciated.

There aren't any instructions that come with the Dancing WAnd. I've got two of them, one for practice and the other incase I break the first (an ebay buy). But its such a fantastic prop. I absolutely love it. If you want instructions for the Dancing Wand go get Losanders ARt of Levitation Volume 3. It covers the Dancing want, and shows you how to make a makeshift Dancing wand from paper in a few minutes. His DVD's are great, and his wand great too. There was wodd of a Fibreglass or something similar wand coming out that's a bit more durable, I'd love to see that. AS it is his dancing wand is a lot of fun. I often stick it in my briefcase in its own carry case and play around with it when I have a few moments.
kosmoshiva
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
255 Posts

Profile of kosmoshiva
Anyone remember the Finn Jon horizontal floating stick?
Don't forget to breathe.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
wowbound.com
2113 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
Finn Jon's Silver Stick was amazing, so magical.

Benny
+ "Top 10" Best-Selling author at Lybrary.com
+ Proud sponsor "Genii Magazine's 75th Anniversary Convention"
+ Inventor of the world famous Floating Match
+ WOWBOUND.COM
Fred-Erik Johanson
View Profile
New user
Estonia
89 Posts

Profile of Fred-Erik Johanson
Purchased the Dancing Wand at Losander´s lecture about a year ago.
First I thought that because I´m doing Kids shows, its a good idea to add a quick levitation effect, however I´m a little bit afraid of using it.
Also I cant think of a purpose why I take a wand and start levitating it.
Maybe someone can share the routine or the pattern he is using it with.

F
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Dancing Wand By Losander (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL