The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Does anyone know how to make a blank card (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
I have a mini deck and for an effect I'm trying to put together, I need a blank card. I have the 2 jokers. How to make one blank. Or is it possible to buy mini blanks.

Thank Dave
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
0000 steel wool.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
The Baldini
View Profile
Inner circle
I some how pounded in
2362 Posts

Profile of The Baldini
Thanks, I will give it a shot today.
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2532 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Another option is q-tips and alcohol. In both cases you'll be removing the finish in order to get to the ink. If you want to reapply a shine you can use Krylon Workable Fixative 1306 or something similar.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
Melephin
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Melephin
You could try to take a regular blank card, use a cutter and cut the card to the size you need. Then split the cards (normally, a card has three layers) remove the first layer on your mini-card wich you want blank and also remove the first layer of the blank card and glue the blank layer on your mini-card.
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6535 Posts

Profile of magicfish
Pencil eraser.
Ricardo Delgado
View Profile
Loyal user
230 Posts

Profile of Ricardo Delgado
Pencil eraser does indeed work!

I just tried it. I couldn't believe it would work. And you can even achieve a "fading away" or "old card" look if you want, just stop halfway the process.
Adrian Deery
View Profile
New user
64 Posts

Profile of Adrian Deery
Artist erasers will also work these can be found at art suply stores and even some craft stores AC Moore etc they carry them. Whats nice is these will erase cleanly leaving no residue
mtgoldstein
View Profile
Veteran user
Houston, TX
318 Posts

Profile of mtgoldstein
If you don't like the finished product of these card alterations, Amazon has bundles of 500 card stock blanks at low cost. Not sure of the mini size but a cutting tool and ...
Jacob3
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Jacob3
If anyone is still interested here's a good tutorial: https://youtu.be/5VNBPI1MMjk?t=405 I hope that helps
ymumagic
View Profile
Regular user
115 Posts

Profile of ymumagic
I have made a few blank cards myself and used first the pencil eraser and then as fine a grit of sandpaper that I could find.
The eraser removes the top layer of ink that rests on the card and then the sandpaper removes the rest the card absorbed. If you use the sandpaper first then you will unnecessarily be removing a lot of extra card.
I do it with either an ace or a two so that it saves time Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Shuffled not Stirred » » Does anyone know how to make a blank card (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL