The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cardboard Contortionists (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

iSawThat
View Profile
Regular user
The Ivory Tower
188 Posts

Profile of iSawThat
Does anyone actually know how to do this smoothly? I've just read through the instructions and personally think that it'll be very difficult to pull this off smoothly, let alone convincingly. Plus don't the extra creases on the cards (aside from those running vertically and horizontally) make the card appear slightly fishy when being examined? It's by Jay Sankey, so I do expect it to be a bit eccentric in handling, but the complications of showing the torn quaters and the actual fusion process seem very complicated. Would appreciate any help i can get on this.
cataquet
View Profile
Veteran user
England
363 Posts

Profile of cataquet
Get Sankeytized Vol 2. It's all there!

Bye for now

Harold
Harold Cataquet
ecno
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of ecno
You rely a bit on the sound it makes when you tear the cards. I think it's a bit risky when they aren't hearing it.
Joshua Quinn
View Profile
Inner circle
with an outer triangle
2054 Posts

Profile of Joshua Quinn
Quote:
On 2002-06-22 12:59, cataquet wrote:
Get Sankeytized Vol 2. It's all there!

I agree, seeing Jay do it is a big help. He also has some tips for covering the fact that the second tear is less convincing than the first. It's also nice to see how clean the display of the four pieces looks in his hands.

Quinn
Every problem contains the seeds of its own solution. Unfortunately every problem also contains the seeds of an infinite number of non-solutions, so that first part really isn't super helpful.
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6732 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
Ditto on the Sankey-tized tapes. You have to see him do it to believe it's possible.
Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Cardboard Contortionists (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL