The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Download by Nicholas Lawrence (16 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kevin Li
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Kevin Li
With Download, you can vanish and appear ink on signed cards, transfer ink & vanishappear card between 2 other cards!

https://vimeo.com/133171699

Nicholas kindly sent me his new effect Download which uses no flaps or elastics. This is his first independent release to help get him back on his feet after the problems he has gone through. The gimmick takes about 5 minutes or less to make and I see it lasting for a very long time. Many ideas and routines are taught, as well as bonus ideas which add so much more value to this effect. I think coming up with a way to involve the spectators signature or another relatable word would be best. Anyways, the teaching is very clear(40 minutes of instruction) and Nicholas does teach everything thoroughly so no stone is left unturned. For only about 10 bucks, this deal is definately worth checking out!

If you are interested in puchasing this download, please email Nicholas @ sensormagi@gmail.com
"Be yourself and Stay original"
Magic KL
View Profile
Inner circle
2571 Posts

Profile of Magic KL
Looks great!
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
As always with Nicholas Lawrence, it's very clever thinking. Well worth the price of the download. Simple to make and to perform and useful in endless ways.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Hmm, I sent the money for this yesterday, so far received nothing, sent an email to see what's happening, no reply...
did get a reply to my initial query... the request for paypal cash was sent quick enough, to which I responded within five minutes
If you go it alone then make sure your customer service is good, I'm not impressed so far.
AaronishMagic
View Profile
Special user
635 Posts

Profile of AaronishMagic
Honestly I am not impressed with this so far. His stuff before was much better. I do wish him the best though.
catweazle
View Profile
Special user
924 Posts

Profile of catweazle
Finally got it!!, its a well produced video that gets straight into it without 'fluff'.
Everything is well taught, clearly explained and easy to see, the one gimmick you have to make can be used for lots of different effects and can easily be used for some existing routines.
Very visual stuff and simple to do, the gimmick is easy to make and you will probably have everything anyway.
Overall great value for money.
Bowevil
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bowevil
I just ordered it as well! Fun effect.
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Checked this out and have been playing with the concept for about a day, and it's great!

The method allows you to appear, vanish, change and transpose ink in a very visual and fair manner. It relies on a simple homemade gimmick that takes a minute to make with materials everyone has around the house. The gimmick should last a while, but you can make a bunch of them up and have enough for forever. The gimmick, once made well, is very easy to work with and execute the effects taught.

The only issue I see with this effect, is that some effects could be a bit transparent if the lighting is too bright. However, in my performances, no one has noticed and I'm thinking like a magician, but it's a good thing to note.

The download is very well produced and Nicholas is a great teacher, leaving no stone unturned. He teaches around 10 different applications for the gimmick, ranging from appearing ink, to crazy visual ambitious card sequences. He taught a great routine where the sticker from a Bicycle deck seal, vanishes and reappears on the spectators signed card that they were holding the whole time. Lots of solid stuff on this, I loved that the gimmick can be used for a visual 3-4 phase signed ambitious card routine.

Ladies and gentleman, Nicholas Lawrence is back. Proud to say I'm a fan of his work. This is what his effects are like - simple, easy to do and visual, and DownLoad certainly doesn't disappoint. Pick it up today, you will be glad you did.
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
chriswiehl
View Profile
Veteran user
388 Posts

Profile of chriswiehl
I checked this out and it is pretty cool. Been playing around with the gimmick and it is quite easy to make. It will take some patience but honestly, it is a quick thing to make. As far as the effects go, I can see myself using 2 of these effects easily. One would be a real nice kicker to an ambitious card and the other is the sandwich routine. For those tricks alone this is totally worth it. The other effects are cool too and you may find yourself more interested in those. Definitely something worth getting imo.
Your Favorite Magician
www.chriswheel.com
@wheelmagic
@yourfavoritemagician
Search for my products under "Christopher Wiehl"
Fin
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Fin
I just bought this and I'd like to say congrats to Nicholas. Not only is it a lovely, simple, practical idea, but also the video tutorial is REALLY good. He goes into just the right amount of detail and shares lots of great ideas for it's use. The last ten minutes when he shows off the ambitious routine is where this really starts to shine, as you begin to get a feel for just how practical and visual this is. All of the controls and sleights used are easy, so this will be within the grasp of everyone, whether you're a beginner or advanced card handler.

("Shake" by Cody Nottingham is another similar recent release, which has different applications but is equally as practical, visual, and easy to make. I wonder if one could combine the two? I'll be having fun experimenting with them both, for sure)
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
DownLoad was just added to Penguin - http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5822
Highly recommended, performed the ambitious sequence afternoon at a lunch with friends and it straight out killed!

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
ReviewerMaster
View Profile
Veteran user
307 Posts

Profile of ReviewerMaster
Quite disappointed with this one. The ambitious card is the only one looks ok. But with the work involved, angle and lighting restriction, even with this price point it's alright. There are much better option out there. I recommend Alexander Kolle's Hawk 2.0. The work involved is somewhat similar, the effect and visual is much stronger. Killer reaction every time.
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
This is much cheaper than Hawk 2 which is $35, got only mediocre reviews and which is also out of stock most places. It also doesn't need refills, is easy to switch unlike Hawk and really isn't that similar. For me, this is one of Nicholas's best tricks so far and a steal at the price. This is going to be released underhandedly by another company he previously had ties to and I guarantee the price will be three times higher than this inexpensive download.
OzJosh
View Profile
New user
Australia
95 Posts

Profile of OzJosh
Nick gave me a pre release for this product and I'm telling you, after watching this and following the instructions, I told him he was NUTS to sell this of $10.

I made it up and have blown everyones minds with this product everyday for the past 2 weeks.

This is something you arm yourself with and use it when you want to see brains explode, this is something I would value at $30 if I was to get it as a DVD.

for $10, it's worth the download and you will have your mind blown by the reactions.

From the Mind of the one of the most creative minds in magic who has a passion for the industry.
http://www.penguinmagic.com/p/5822
just check it out, it will be the best money you have ever spent.
this is one of those things that if you only ever buy one product in magic.... make it this one.
Magic is the ability to lie and people to love you for it and want you to lie to them again and again and again
www.redtopbox.com.au
^^^^^ has some really cool things on it
OzJosh
View Profile
New user
Australia
95 Posts

Profile of OzJosh
I've been using this for 2 weeks straight now.

it's been beyond mind blowing for people who have seen it.

Nick has done more than an amazing job on this and I really think he has undervalued this product
Magic is the ability to lie and people to love you for it and want you to lie to them again and again and again
www.redtopbox.com.au
Kaliix
View Profile
Inner circle
Connecticut
1990 Posts

Profile of Kaliix
What particular routine or effect have you found to the most useful?

Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, OzJosh wrote:

Nick has done more than an amazing job on this and I really think he has undervalued this product
The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance; it is the illusion of knowledge.
~Daniel J. Boorstin
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Got this and while I always love a good card gaff, have to be honest and say it didn't offer me much that I felt I would use.
I like the idea and I'm going to play around with it though, maybe something will click.
But for the ambitious routine for instance, it's clever but I just can't see it replacing or becoming part of my current routine.
I may have to put it together and actually try it though because I could be passing on a gem and I hate it when that happens!
OzJosh
View Profile
New user
Australia
95 Posts

Profile of OzJosh
Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, Kaliix wrote:
What particular routine or effect have you found to the most useful?

Quote:
On Jul 20, 2015, OzJosh wrote:

I do a setup first hand and get a word on a card and make it appear on them.
even signing the card.
putting my mobile number on it as well to be contact for gigs has been a massive hit.

there is stuff on the download that I haven't started yet because I'm playing with some basics that are powerful.

the only person to pic it is my Son who is 11, but he picks magic like Teller and can tell you what you have done.

this is on my top of close up gaff card tricks
www.redtopbox.com.au
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Just FYI - for everyone who has purchased Download so far (and no doubt loving it), Nicholas has a crazy bonus routine using the concept. It is a visual moving ink effect on a signed card! It's free for purchasers of DownLoad so message Nicholas on Facebook and he will send you the link for the bonus Smile it's killer! I have been digging Download but this bonus routine is sick! So visual and the spectator can sign and keep the card at the end! Definitely check it out! Smile

Bowevil
View Profile
New user
51 Posts

Profile of Bowevil
The bonus routine is beautiful!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Download by Nicholas Lawrence (16 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL