The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Expert Card Magic-Lecture Notes" By Sal Piacente (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Just purchased this DVD set, and am I glad I did! Can't stop playing the video!
It contains 13 top-level, spectacular card effects, …that have ever been performed! Wow! If you love card magic, check out this awesome DVD set. Most dealers carry it.
It's so good, I'm speechless!!
Gerard
S.Segal
View Profile
Special user
San Diego
949 Posts

Profile of S.Segal
Is there anywhere one can see some information about these?

S.Segal
Gaft Card Magic Available here!
JC Wagner In Full Metal Jacket here!
simply Sydney DVD here!
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I believe this DVD set, was just released and maybe not all dealers carry it as yet.
Here are a few dealers:
http://www.penguinmagic.com/
and the Magic Warehouse.
Hope this helps.
Gerard

Posted: Feb 22, 2004 3:30pm
----------------------------------------
I would like to add, the "Memory Trick" is so good it will devastate, laymen and especially your magician friends, without finger busting moves!
By doing the tricks in this DVD set, you will appear to be nothing but, "An expert card man". Even a beginner, can master these effects in no time!
I repeat, I just can't stop playing this DVD set! It's
one of the best DVD"S, on card effects that I've ever seen!
Gerard
peterng25
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of peterng25
The memory trick (Penguin demo): Sal looks at 12-15 cards, for a second, and guesses correctly a hand of blackjack from the shuffled cards. I thought that was a demonstration of photographic memory. I certainly don't have this kind of talent (I think the technical term is eidetic memory). Is this a technique taught here?
(Or is it a stack? Smile )
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Here is my answer, without giving away too much. A beginner will be able to do the "Memory Trick" in about 15 minutes of practice! The rest is just presentation. Believe me, when I say! The spectators will think, that you are an expert card man!!!
By using all the jaw dropping, incredible effects in the DVD's.
You will look like an expert card man!!!
Without years of finger busting practice, just knowing and learning how it's done!...with your presentation.
My suggestion, run to get it!!!
Gerard
michael640
View Profile
Regular user
163 Posts

Profile of michael640
Any more reviews for this? A little more in depth maybe?
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
You can check it out at your dealer’s site. All the contents of the effects are there I believe.
Gerard
trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
286 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
I just finished watching vol. 1 and all I have to say is killer!! This is some of the best stuff I’ve seen released. I’m still glad Sal did not release the real work, but with these routines, you will definitely look like the real deal. Some routines are easy, while others will take some practice, but these are worth its weight in gold learning from a master.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
I just performed Sal's memory opener and Sal's Ace Cutting II to a group of eight magician friends and I received round of applause. I simply do not want other to know the secret and it is way too strong to any card magic I learned before.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Quote:
On 2004-02-26 21:00, trickster2000 wrote:
I just finished watching vol. 1 and all I have to say is killer!! This is some of the best stuff I’ve seen released. I’m still glad Sal did not release the real work, but with these routines, you will definitely look like the real deal. Some routines are easy, while others will take some practice, but these are worth its weight in gold learning from a master.

The new DVD's aren't the real work? How so?

The way it reads on penguin's site, this is very advanced card work.
"Of all words of tongue and pen,
the saddest are, "It might have been"

..........John Greenleaf Whittier
MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Hi MagicChris,
Yes! It looks like very advanced card work, but it's not! It uses mostly, easy basic sleights that we all know!
To answer your question whether, “if it's the real work?”
It is! The real work without the very advanced card work!
It's the best set of DVD's that I've ever seen on card tricks! Bar none!!! Tops four stars!!!
Gerard
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Gerard, I enjoy your posts, so I have to go by what you say. I guess I'm skittish about buying another DVD with ho hum card effects (the make magi gasp, but laymen go, “So what?")

Maybe you could PM me with a little more info. Right now my barometer is Bill Malone. Now, those are card effects on his DVDs.

Thanks!!

Chris

Well, I went to penguin I played the video clip they have. I have to tell you, Sal may be a genius with cards, but I found the clip, with several effects, dull.

Maybe I'm spoiled by Daryl and Bill Malone's enthusiastic, engaging style. But I didn't see anything mind blowing here. I'm only going by a clip, so maybe I'm wrong.

MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
Chris, thanks for the compliment. It's not only my opinion though. I see nothing but high praise on this thread! Believe me, laymen will also gasp!
Gerard
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Gerard, I see a lot of folks like these DVDs. When I do Malone's version of card on the forehead, it gets screams. It's just a funny, miracle. When I do his Ambitious card routine, the same thing happens. I guess that's what I'm looking for, as it fits my own style. (I perform standup comedy.) Sal's a little too dry for me. But, he's extremely talented!!!

trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
286 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
Hey MagicChris, I think you should stick with Malone if that's your style. If you are looking for happy and giddy performers, then you should stay away from Sal's DVDs as you will not find that. But if you want to destroy minds (including magicians) then you might want to check these out. I’ve been performing his 4, 5, 6 packet trick to magicians and laymen and I’ve been destroying with the routine. It is now my favorite routine!! The funny thing about this routine is it is so easy. You will be performing it within 30 minutes of learning it.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
Thanks, trickster2000. I do prefer the styles of David Williamson, Bill Malone, etc, so I get more excited about their material. I'm sure Sal's stuff is awesome. To each his own, I guess.

trickster2000
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
286 Posts

Profile of trickster2000
I too love Williamson and Malone, but after watching these DVDs, it gave me a different flavor from what’s been released in recent times. If you ever get these, I'm sure you could change the presentation to fit your style, but like you said, to each his own.
Review King
View Profile
Eternal Order
14446 Posts

Profile of Review King
That's true, it's not what you do, but who you are, as they say.

I was going by the clip I saw and I didn't get too excited about the effects.

MagicCarisio
View Profile
Inner circle
1061 Posts

Profile of MagicCarisio
I agree, everybody has and prefers a certain style in magic. I myself, prefer a serious style and do not care
for a comedic style.
The effects in these DVD's are devastatingly shocking and not at all funny! It stuns an audience, and drops their jaws in awe!!!
Gerard
Eric B
View Profile
New user
15 Posts

Profile of Eric B
Hello all. Eric From Magic Makers Inc. here.
I wanted to make a comment here about our line of DVDs and hopefully clear a few things up.
Our Sal Piacente Expert Card Magic Lecture Notes DVD was shot, the way it was, not because of a lack of flash or personality on Sal’s part. We could have had him doing his effects as a show, in front of an audience, but we felt that trying to go over the top with “entertainment” would be a distraction and take away from the educational element of the DVD.
When we set out to create a line of Magic DVD’s, we did not want to make “Vanity” pieces… The “Look what I can do!” for ¾ of the DVD then some cheesy instructions on how to do the effects.
The Magic Makers Inc. line of DVD’s are not about teaching you how to do the routines the same way as Sal Piacente or Gerry Griffen or any of the other magicians in our up-coming titles, they are about teaching everything you need to know about how to do the effects. Of course, then it is up to the individual to put their own personal spin on the routine.
Eric Bolander
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » "Expert Card Magic-Lecture Notes" By Sal Piacente (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL