The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Greater Magic vs Essential Dai Vernon (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Profile of Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
Just wondering which one I should buy if I can only get one book. Please leave a reason why and the price I should pay. I would want the Kaufmann edition of Greater Magic. Also if you have any other book recomendations I would love to hear them. Thanks in advance for the help.
MarcusC
View Profile
Regular user
183 Posts

Profile of MarcusC
I would probably go for the Essential Dai Vernon. There are a handful still in print for a reasonable sum, the Greater Magic book is out of print. Seems better to pick up the Vernon book now and later go hunting for Greater Magic instead of the other way around and risk paying premium for both.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

I was also thinking about getting the individual works of vernon
Anand Khalsa
View Profile
Loyal user
Phoenix, AZ
201 Posts

Profile of Anand Khalsa
Quote:
On Jul 25, 2015, Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse wrote:
I was also thinking about getting the individual works of vernon

Anything besides Inner Secrets is VERY difficult to find.
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Thanks for the heads up. I figure I'll wait till I have a few hundred to start this endeavor
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
Search for Vernon on eBay. There's more there today at decent prices then you would be led to believe.
El Mystico
View Profile
Special user
573 Posts

Profile of El Mystico
It depends on what you already know and where you want to develop.
Both are fantastic books
Kyoki_Sanitys_Eclipse
View Profile
Inner circle
1513 Posts

Just an update but I went ahead and got greater magic. It was a great deal And I absolutely love it. I'd still love to hear people's opinions though
Tim Cavendish
View Profile
Inner circle
1406 Posts

Profile of Tim Cavendish
The Vernon books are foundational.

Given that you appreciate Greater Magic, you will find the Vernon books well worth your time and money.
magojose|
View Profile
Regular user
196 Posts

Profile of magojose|
I think you must focus on your expectations.
From Vernon you'll have the moves, routines and thinking from the most amazing magic mind of 20th Century. On The other hand, Greater Magic has the best of The best from the top performer a of turn of last century on almost every magic field.
So it's up to you and your priorities, but any one would be a truly plus for your magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Greater Magic vs Essential Dai Vernon (3 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL