The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini jumbo "coins" (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Endless West
View Profile
Regular user
A town called Malice
185 Posts

Profile of Endless West
Does anyone know what the "jumbo coins" were that Cellini used?
They look to be just flat metal or tin discs. I'm looking for something maybe a half inch smaller than a normal jumbo coin to start using and wouldn't mind just getting some kind of cheap metal discs and calling them coins. Constant throwing in the ground is also a good reason for me to look for a cheap alternative to regular jumbo coins.
If anyone has any suggestions, let me know!
Eric Evans
View Profile
Special user
Rio Grande
668 Posts

Profile of Eric Evans
I have some, with me now I think. Gotta find them as they're in storage.

The ones you saw Cellini using were pure silver. That's what I use and that's what I recommend. I have two sets of them available for purchase. Each set consist of two coins approximately 2.5 inches in diameter. Perfect for manipulation. Right now they're $250 a set. That price will more than likely change should silver go up. They're between two, and three oz. each and they'll last a lifetime. Hallmarked to testify to their purity, made to withstand the rigors of the street and repeated abuses.

If anyone is interested, I'll offer a money back guarantee. If you're not satisfied with them, send them back and I'll refund your money. FedEx is the only way I'll send, or, if not satisfied, receive them.

Otherwise I also have them available in stainless steel as well. They're a lot cheaper. The sound, when they're thrown on the ground isn't as pleasant; a bit rough on the ear. But the sound carries further than the silver perhaps. Hundreds of magicians have used these as they were included with my DVD on coin manipulation. I've never had a complaint one about them.

PM me if you're interested.
MagiCol
View Profile
Special user
Dargaville, New Zealand
929 Posts

Profile of MagiCol
"Constant throwing in the ground is also a good reason for me to look for a cheap alternative to regular jumbo coins. "
I found our New Zealand large coins soon got 'nicks' in them from tossing on to the pavement/cobble stones/footpath.
Damages coins need to be kept well away from silks or they will catch and pull the threads in the silk.
Also, I've learnt to keep silks deep inside anything that zips shut, as the silk is easily damaged if caught in the zip.

I once bought some silks, and the seller had sticky-taped the rolled-up silk. I realized that I had to get the tape off yet not ruin
the silk. I came up with the idea of wetting the silk and tape, and the stickiness dissolved and the tape then came free easily.

One kind of substitute for a coin for tossing on the ground is to look for variety store 'medals' and if they have an appropriate weight that can do. I filed off the mount 'hook' that the ribbon or chain goes through, so the medal was smooth all the way around it's circumference.
The presentation makes the magic.
Ben Whiting
View Profile
Loyal user
Traverse City, MI
246 Posts

Profile of Ben Whiting
Hi Eric,
I'll take a set. PM sent.

-Ben
DrVG
View Profile
Loyal user
268 Posts

Profile of DrVG
I go for big construction washers in zinc. shiny but not great sound. can t beat the price
VG

ps don t underestimate Mr Evans DVD on Coin. I snobbishly put it aside 10 years ago as I considered myself a fancy close up coin afficionados. When I started busking I found out it s worth it s weight in silver ;P
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Cellini jumbo "coins" (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL