The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » First Peek at the 2016 Tenyo Line (5 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, stereo wrote:

After a rough Google translate it looks like we have:

Future Jigsaw - A box with a jigsaw puzzle is shown. The spectator is asked to pick a suit of face cards (free choice). When the box is opened the puzzle matches the suit that the spectator picked.

Four Dimensional Container - A white plastic container with three compartments is shown. A different color sponge dog is in each compartment.A spectator chooses a color and the container is covered. When it is opened the dogs have all changed to one color.

Phantom Hankercheif - Looks like it uses a smartphone

Tiny Plunger - I guess this is from the World's Best Magic Series.

Hello Richard (nice to have you here Smile)
May I ask which one slayed you ?

Thanks !
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

Profile of Richard Kaufman
Future Jigsaw. I have yet to see a clear description of the effect. It's VERY good.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Excellent news !! That is exactly the one I was hoping for :=)
(and Four Dimensional Container...)
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
Richard, do you know if the new Tenyo items will be available by mid-September? I hope to pick them up next month.

On your recommendation, I bought all the new ones last December when I was in Japan, and I wasn't disappointed. It would have been hard to choose just one (I bought ten others that aren't available in the US, at least not at a really affordable price).

Cheers,

Mark
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The Tenyo items will go on sale at the Tenyo Festival in Tokyo on September 6. But it takes a while for them to reach the regular stores.

I'm going to try (the key word here is "try") to buy a bunch and bring them back for sale at the Tenyo Flea Market at the Genii Convention at the end of September. There will be a slight markup since I'm going to be paying retail price for them, but not much. Not doing it to make money! Might not have English instructions for them by that point, either. But it's easy enough to teach how they're done.
Ba Ba Booey
View Profile
Special user
In Denver, I have no less than
548 Posts

Profile of Ba Ba Booey
I just heard about the Tenyo Festival yesterday. I am so disappointed that I'll miss it by just one day! There's always next year!
meridianfan
View Profile
Loyal user
259 Posts

Profile of meridianfan
Quote:
On Jul 21, 2015, Richard Kaufman wrote:
I hope to publish Lubor Fiedler's book by the end of 2016. It's a rather complicated affair.

I hope the floating object as seen in the video Inside Lubor's Brain 2 at around 4 minutes is featured in the book.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0J-I0K2dVA
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

The Tenyo Festival is so popular that the tickets are made available only through a lottery, so your changes of getting a ticket would have taken place months ago.
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
I have add large photo of Promo new line on the main page of the blog. Thank you Magico Japan.
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
Thanks stereo !
can't wait to see them in action.

- Strange Dog house: 3 compartment and 4 dogs !? Smile Anyway, I hope it is not a magician’s choice...
- Magic of the plunger!: Don't care since this effect is already out for a long time (or maybe something new ?)
- Ghost camera: Intriguing from Tenyo to have a smartphone effect, can't wait
- Future Puzzle: sound original ! Seeing the box, I might have an idea lol But I’ll stick to Richard’s first impression.

Nicolas
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
- Add photo of front and back package of Tenyo 2016:
http://tenyo-magic.blogspot.fr/
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

I saw all the tricks demonstrated on Sunday and bought a few sets and have been playing with them.

There is only one thing different about Tiny Plunger as far as I can tell (aside from the fact that it costs 33% less than the current marketed version), and that has to do with the gimmicked card required. No breather crimp is used (that's not something you explain to laymen). The plunger is not gimmicked as the original version was, and it comes with sealed deck of USPCC Bikes, For Tenyo's core audience in Japan it will be a bestseller. We (that's us magic folk in the west) are only a teeny-tiny percentage of Tenyo's customers, This release is not designed for us.

Tiny Plunger aside, the other three are very good and for different reasons. The cellphone and hanky trick is the thing you will do most often. The jigsaw puzzle is the most ingenious. The white box with the sponge dogs has the most versatile prop.
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Another performance of Ghost camera:
https://youtu.be/eA_9pPgFwh0
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
656 Posts

Profile of papawemba
I have to say, I am not fan for any of those Smile
xl18
View Profile
Loyal user
291 Posts

Profile of xl18
Quote:
On Sep 8, 2015, stereo wrote:
Another performance of Ghost camera:
https://youtu.be/eA_9pPgFwh0

There is also an interesting video of it on Tenyo's Facebook page.
https://www.facebook.com/tenyomagic
stereo
View Profile
Inner circle
France - Paris
1455 Posts

Profile of stereo
Official Tenyo Video:
https://youtu.be/kAGvaWK5XUE
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

None of those are the final version of the official Tenyo demo video. In face, the one which Stereo has linked to is completely different than the one shown at the Tenyo Festival! Not sure how the one Stereo has linked to leaked out, but I know from talking with them yesterday that the version shown at the Tenyo Festival is not the final release version.

So, there is yet another, final, version yet to come.
MrWizard
View Profile
Inner circle
Conjured The Illusion Of
1039 Posts

Profile of MrWizard
Too bad Tenyo's Tiny Plunger wasn't designed for us here in the west. I was hoping it to be better than original which BTW doesn't come with a gimmicked plunger anymore not needed at all plus the breather is so versatile worth every penny paid for the original version. The cell phone Camera trick looks good although Kameraflage technology has been out since 2007 and known by tons of non magic interested layman likely will point out. The puzzle trick box looks really big will make everyone want to examine it right away not interested in it at all. The sponge dog trick will likely become a classic so buy plenty for resale when it gets discontinued. Smile
It's An Illusion Unless I Can't Fix It Then It's A Reality.
Richard Kaufman
View Profile
Inner circle
2532 Posts

That's the opinion of someone who has never performed the Jigsaw puzzle trick, or seen it performed live for laymen: I've seen it performed half a dozen times. The box is "empty" because it has been turned upside down to dump the pieces out. The spectator assembles the puzzle and is amazed and is no longer thinking about the box at that point. (A good magician will have already placed the box away while the spectator is busy assembling the pieces--it's called audience management.)

The Tiny Plunger made by Tenyo in Japan is of much higher quality (and thus vacuums better) than most of those sold here. It's not some cheap piece of crap made in China of thin rubber that is too flexible.

I've done the cellphone/hanky trick to half a dozen laymen by now, and none of them have seen the principle before, and certainly have never heard the word "Kameraflage."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tenyo of Japan » » First Peek at the 2016 Tenyo Line (5 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL