The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Visual help? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
Hi all!

I was wondering if the Café has something started that is kinda like helping each other in a visual means thru web cam etc???

Sorry if this is in the wrong place...
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
Hi Piglet,
I'm sure many of us (myself included) have a webcam and it's quite simple to log on one-to-one with someone with MS Netmeeting, or Yahoo/AOL/MSN web chat (it seems everyone has one)

Group meetings with multiple cams are a bit tougher, but workable. One such place is http://www.webcamnow.com It has a moderated "Family Friendly" area perfect for this. Anyone who logs in is viewable by everyone else, but you can still only see one cam at a time.

Webcams aren't perfect, and your connection speed affects how fast the screen updates (think of it more as a slide show of "freeze frame" images rather than live video) so I'm not sure exactly how effective it would be for a magic "session"
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Hideo Kato
View Profile
Inner circle
Tokyo
5649 Posts

Profile of Hideo Kato
I started online help with one of Japanes students. It is a good method not only for student but also for teacher. I find many important factors in teaching. I am learning from this method very much.

Hideo Kato
ABlair36
View Profile
Loyal user
Toronto
234 Posts

Profile of ABlair36
I could do the same for anyone if you PM me.
I would also like to have someone check out my tricks that I made and see if anyone can figure hem out or if they have seen it before.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
I believe Piglet is more interested in a live "videochat" session rather than sending video clips back and forth.

Piglet, set yourself up with a "Yahoo messenger" account (it's free, and has webcam capabilities built in)> Then all you have to do is find someone who can be online the same time you are, and you can work on things in (near)real time.
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Piglet
View Profile
New user
Edmonton, Canada
81 Posts

Profile of Piglet
Ya video chat Smile I can't understand the asher's twist Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A tangled web we weave... » » Visual help? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL