The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Magic Painter - mentalist app for Android (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Dear Magicians,

I'm happy to announce that Mental Painter - my second magic app for Android - has just ben published to the Google Play store! Smile
You can download and try it for FREE. If you like it, you can unlock the trial mode for USD 6.

Mental Painter: https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai......_painter

THE EFFECT:
You (the Magician) show the spectator 8 cards, with 8 words on each card (64 different words in total). You shuffle the cards face down, and the spectator takes one. They should mentally choose (and remember) a word from the list, one they can visualize and recognise easily. Only the spectator will know the chosen word. Then you give them a phone or tablet, and show how they can scroll the images (back and forth). There are 8 pages with 8 greyscale images on each page. The pictures are mixed, so the order is different from the order of the words on the cards. The spectator should scroll the pages and look for the image that represents the mentally chosen word. When they find the image, they should stare at it and try to mentally paint the image. After a while, the colors will fade in and the chosen image (and only that one) will be shown in nice vivid colors!

I'd be happy to receive any thoughts, opinions, suggestions here in the forum or by email.

Enjoy the app! Smile

Click here to view attached image.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
The "Early Bird" period has just ended, the price went up to 16 USD. The app got fantastic reviews, so I'm sure you won't regret buying it.
And remember: you can TRY it for FREE! Smile
Alejandro Pacheco
View Profile
New user
Spain
31 Posts

Profile of Alejandro Pacheco
16 is a very high price, there are lots of other apps, you should consider that.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Yes, there are many apps cheaper than this, and also other apps which are way more expensive....
From the reactions of people using the app, I think this app does worth the price of 16 USD (maybe also more). Smile

When I release my third app, there will be also a subscription available for ALL my apps, for 6 USD / month.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
The new price is 5.38 USD for a limited time! Smile
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
.....and it has just dropped to 3.59 USD!!! Is this price low enough for this great mental effect? Smile
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
...and now it's FREE. My other app (Lie Detector) also became FREE, so please feel FREE to use them! Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
With all kind reasons aside. I'm glad I didn't spend $16 on this app. I don't use Android as well. Perhaps, I've spent my money on this app if I have one. So, I'm glad I didn't buy an Android phone.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On Nov 4, 2015, BenkeSmith wrote:
...and now it's FREE. My other app (Lie Detector) also became FREE, so please feel FREE to use them! Smile

you said it was worth $16 or more. Did you change your mind?
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, daniltan wrote:
With all kind reasons aside. I'm glad I didn't spend $16 on this app. I don't use Android as well. Perhaps, I've spent my money on this app if I have one. So, I'm glad I didn't buy an Android phone.

I don't get it... Does it mean you dodn't like the app? Have you tried it eventually? Here in Hungary magicians LOVE it, I got great responses. Smile
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:
On Nov 5, 2015, Sean Giles wrote: you said it was worth $16 or more. Did you change your mind?

Very few people bought the app. It seems noone wants to pay for a magic app anymore, everybody wants everything for free.
So I've changed my mind, and made it FREE. I'll have more apps for Android in the near future, and some of the PRO functions will be available only for my subscribers.
Subscription fee will be around 2 USD / month, this will unlock the PRO features in ALL my magic apps.

For now the PRO features are also free, subscription will be available next year.
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
94 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Quote:

Ahh, now I get it! Smile You mean if you'd payed 16 USD, and then it would've gone FREE, you'd be angry.
Nobody purchased it for 16 USD, so nobody got hurt. Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Nov 10, 2015, BenkeSmith wrote:
Quote:

Ahh, now I get it! Smile You mean if you'd payed 16 USD, and then it would've gone FREE, you'd be angry.
Nobody purchased it for 16 USD, so nobody got hurt. Smile

Good to know that. Although-- I'm a little bit shock why no one buy this app? The description sounds good to me. As I'm saying before. I might paid $16 if I use an android. And then maybe I just get disappointed if the app gone free. Not angry..
Magic1jim
View Profile
New user
West Yorshire UK
37 Posts

Profile of Magic1jim
I cannot believe nobody is talking about this. This app has fooled literally everyone I have done it on. To give it for free is madness, well done sir
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2474 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Nobody is talking about it because most people use iPhones Smile
Long Island,

New York
Magic1jim
View Profile
New user
West Yorshire UK
37 Posts

Profile of Magic1jim
I use an iPhone myself but I bought a tablet just for reading and then found this. I've read so many posts on this forum relating to iPhone apps and nearly every one of them has the same question by a member "will this be available on android?" This is such a clever app
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
391 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
FYI... "Lots" of people use Android. It, by far, has more devices in use than Apple.
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2474 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
I made my comment just to cause trouble....

The iPhone vs. Droid is a religious debate Smile

For the most part more people use Droid because Droids are cheaper....and to be honest, as much as I hate iTunes, I do love my iPhone and newly purchased Pebble Time (which works on iPhone and Android).

But, here is an interesting article:

http://techcrunch.com/2015/02/04/apples-......ce-2012/

https://qzprod.files.wordpress.com/2015/......ng?w=640
Long Island,

New York
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
391 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
I know this is off topic, but I have an Gear S watch for Android which is "connected" to my phone, but I don't have to carry my phone around. I can leave my phone at home and still get/make calls and texts via my watch.
Scott Horn
View Profile
Veteran user
Dallas, TX
391 Posts

Profile of Scott Horn
As to the app. I downloaded it and it looks interesting, but I havent been able to work through the instructions. I think this has potentail, and it has 2 methods of operation (ala iForce) but its a bit kludgy getting through the instructions (for a non-techie like me)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Magic Painter - mentalist app for Android (2 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL