The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Magic Painter - mentalist app for Android (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
BenkeSmith
View Profile
New user
Budapest, HU
89 Posts

Profile of BenkeSmith
Hi guys! First of all thanks for the kind words and the feedback! Smile

Scott Horn: the method is really simple. The word cards are marked, and numbered from 1 to 8. When the spectator takes one, you know the number of the card. Start the app, and touch the corresponding image first as you demonstrate how to scroll the screen... If they choose a word from card #3, you touch the third image first (and scroll the screen). The images in the top row are 1-2-3-4, bottom row is 5-6-7-8. That's it... the rest is up to the app. Smile

iPhone users: I've made a webapp which can be opened on Apple devices (iPhone, iPad, iPod Touch) from the Safari browser, and you can make a shortcut icon on your Home Screen. The only thing you'll need is internet connection...
One more thing: when you start the app, hold your phone normally (portrait). When you see the message "Rotate your device to horizontal mode, then click OK...", then rotate it to landscape mode!
The URL is: http://benkesmith.com/webapp/mp/

If you have any questions, contact me at benke.smith@gmail.com

Have a nice day! Smile And check out my other app, Lie Detector (you'll find it on Google Play, iPhone URL is: http://benkesmith.com/webapp/lie/ )
Magic1jim
View Profile
New user
West Yorshire UK
37 Posts

Profile of Magic1jim
This is brilliant news, thank you so much for this!!
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
476 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Hi Benke,

Just recently I bought an Android phone and downloaded your app #magicpainter. I totally agree with most people here-- your app is rock solid!!! With a good presentation you can use this for something like hypnosis effect when you do this to one spectator, where the selected image is actually the only picture that colored right from the start. At the beginning you hypnosis them to "forget" about colors. And that explains how you know the selected item. It will blown her mind!

If you could permits me to give you one simple thing to your app is-- continuous AND LOOP. So right from the start the spec can freely move the screen to the right or to the left.

One last thing, in the version update you mention about supporting an Android watch. But, there's nothing about it in the manual. Can you please tell us about it. Or maybe I missed it when I reading the manual.

Thank you for your amazing app..
Phil1111
View Profile
New user
20 Posts

Profile of Phil1111
This is a fun app, I would highly recommend it! I would have been glad to have paid for it, around $5 for an app I believe would get the Magic Community hooked.
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Just downloaded it. Excellent design and a VERY nice way to hide an old principle in a very naturally looking way. Really like it Smile)
jmbulg
View Profile
Loyal user
Belgium
206 Posts

Profile of jmbulg
Also download lie detector: again very nice. Maybe a place for a variant: Up to know the spectator is asked to make a specific affirmative claim and the lie/truth is detected correctly.

In some cases it would seem more natural to let the spectator decide his own yes/no answer to a question you ask and then let the lie detector check if his freely chosen yes or no was a lie or not.

Idea to make this work: there is of course a preliminary hidden definition of sequence of correct answers (eg. yes yes no yes no no no ...) (I have some ideas on how to let the software know the correct sequence). Then you ask the questions, with a feedback on the screen reacting to the noise of your voice during the question. Then the spectator answers with a thumb on yes or no button and of course the lie is detected;-)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » APPS-alutely » » Magic Painter - mentalist app for Android (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL