The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » What would this puppet cost? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17484 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I saw this video made a couple of years ago. What would it cost to have made these puppets? Especially the baby. It looks as if he turns his head anf body around several times. I could be wrong, but what do you think the expense would be to make these costumes?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l8zv4WCCtrY
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
512 Posts

Profile of damien666
I work as a special effects make-up artist, animatronics and creature builder for Movies/TV.. And special effects puppets and creature suits can run anywhere from the cost of raw materials if you are building yourself to hundreds of thousands if you are hiring a top effects shop to design and build for you..
Asking what this creature suit costs is kind of like asking - how much does it cost to hire a magician.. It's relative on who you hire and lot of other factors.
I have worked on a few Sasquatch and Bigfoot suits for movies.. Pm me if you want one built Smile
Damien
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17484 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I don't need one for myself,.... I was just wondering what someone would have to spend to fake this video. The baby and father both looked pretty intricate. There is another video where a person analyzes the facial movements etc ... Interesting how far a person would go to fake something like this...??? Smile
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
damien666
View Profile
Special user
canada
512 Posts

Profile of damien666
I would say that it wouldn't be too difficult to recreate using a fur suit, simple animatronic mask and furry puppet.
I have seen and worked on much more realistic creature suits than this.
I saw the breakdown video of the analyzing of the walk and facial movements.. And the knee thrust 'evidence' actually makes sense only IF it was a creature suit..
If the suit included fake feet, it would actually force the wearer to walk with that exaggerated gate.
I, for one, am not convinced... Yet.
I live in British Columbia and every time I drive through more remote areas of the province; I am always looking with my camera handy Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » I'm a real boy! » » What would this puppet cost? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL