We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Intro from California (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
51 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
Hey guys,
As the name states, I'm out here near the beach in Ventura California. I"m not seeing any SAM or IBM rings in the immediate area so if any magicians would like to reach out and say hello in the area, please do!

I've been a member of the Castle for quite some time but am new in the actual practice of magic.

Nice to meet everyone here!
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3649 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
Welcome BeachBum,

You could do a search (white box just below the Café Banner) for Ventura and see if any good leads pop up.

A visit to a local Magic Shop could put you in touch with locals as well.

Good luck. In the meantime, there is plenty of Magic to be discussed here in the Café.

-Mary Mowder
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
51 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
Thank you Mary! I know of a few magicians up here but there seems to be a drought in my area. Los Angeles isn't far, but it would be nice to get together with others over a drink without having to drive more than an hour.
If anyone is living in the Ventura county area, please send me a PM! Smile
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
Hi BeachBum,

Ventura was my old stomping grounds! I used to live in Ojai! I sure do miss the beaches (now that I'm in Seattle, WA).

You may already know, but if not, you should look up Axtell in Ventura (no I'm not associated with them). They have some real cool puppets and magic items. Wish I would have known they existed when I was back home. Hope to go and see them someday.

Anyway's welcome to the fun! And tell Ventura (and In N Out) I said hi!
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
BeachCat
View Profile
New user
Vegas Baby!
51 Posts

Profile of BeachCat
Thanks MSP!

Just looked up Axtell and it looks like he has background as an Imagineer. Very cool! Just got back from walking on the beach. I bet you miss the surf cities... nothing like this area in CA where most beach cities are for the wealthy with their huge McMansions. (Although I aspire to be one of these snobs minus the snob attitude) ;-)
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
Ah! And your a Disney fan too. See..........that's why I need to go back home. I have a feeling we'd make a great magic team Smile
Don Shock
Zack_Johnston
View Profile
Special user
California
656 Posts

Profile of Zack_Johnston
Good to see more magicians in California. Welcome!
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Any west coasters plan to join us Jan 27-30, 2016 at the KAX Conference here in Oxnard (near Ventura) for an amazing time of family performers from around the world.

Here's the link http://www.kidabra.org/kax

You'll get to tour Axtell Expressions studio as well on the first day... make sure to register and sign up!

http://www.axtell.com
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
Pro Puppets, Magic & Animatronics
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
How I wish I had of known about Axtell when I lived in Ojai growing up. My dad had a engine rebuilding shop in Oxnard too! Did I mention I miss home........a lot!
Don Shock
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Don, we are about to make some crazy new announcements about this KAX Conference. Make sure to check out the link above soon! This wouodld be a good chance to see California area again as well as visit with an incredible collection of talented entertainers from around the world!
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
axtell
View Profile
V.I.P.
Steve Axtell
2126 Posts

Profile of axtell
Axtell Expressions, Inc.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Our new arrivals » » Intro from California (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL