The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Attn: purchasers of my OE carny switch books (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
I've decided to begin lacquering my series of OE switch boxes. My skills and production efficiency has increased to the point were I'm looking to add a bit more to each box without raising prices. And while the lacquer is a lot of work, it really makes the images pop and protects them far better.
This box has about 8 coats and has a glass smooth finish without compromising its aged look. The shininess will fade with use and hand oil unless you keep polishing it.
If you've already purchased one of these boxes through OE, I am happy to add a lacquer finish free of charge, though I ask you include $10 to cover return priority shipping. Please PM me to make arrangements.
This will add production time to the box, but turnaround time for a new order will still take only about 10 days, while any I refinish should take about a week.
Thanks for your support and continued interest in my work.
Marc

Click here to view attached image.
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
The spine, which I don't think is included on OE site for some reason.

mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
A look at aging detail, with a standard sized tarot deck for size comparison

mcharisse
View Profile
Inner circle
York. PA
1226 Posts

Profile of mcharisse
Inside.
Thanks for looking.
Marc

Bogbadger
View Profile
Special user
England
626 Posts

Profile of Bogbadger
I combined my Thurston box with a custom made antiqued rising card deck made by Marty at Martini's and a real antique card box purchased for a couple of quid in an antique shop. The combination is absolutely fantastic!
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4810 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
These do look so wondwefull and the craftmanship by mcharisse is awesomea,alas I just can not afford the prices.I have been looking for a switching box for a long time now.I do kind of know how they work ,but I could not construct one my self.Have tried to see if I could get just something plain and then decorate it to how I want it?but I have not seen any on the market,so it's down to envelope switchs for me,but oh to have a spooky Tarot box,never mind maybe one day.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Attn: purchasers of my OE carny switch books (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL