The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Books (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Hi all, Can anyone tell me what the difference is between these two Mark Wilson Books Cyclopedia and Complete course in magic. Thanks
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
huggie50
View Profile
Regular user
North Las Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of huggie50
The complete course in Magic is the best...I think the cyclopedia are smaller takes of the complete couse.
Magically yours,
Huggie
Liams-Heart
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of Liams-Heart
One of the nicest things of all is that you can regulary find these at used bookstores for $2-$10!
RayBanks
View Profile
Special user
Nassau Bay, TX
533 Posts

Profile of RayBanks
The cyclopedia is a very small and quite thick book while the Comlete Course is full size. The Complete course has a few more things in it especially in the illusions section.

I highly recommend the Complete Course. It has recently been republished.
-------------
Pick a card, any card...No. not THAT one...THIS one

Ray Banks
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
If you had to have ONE magic book and only one, as a beginner, Complete Course would be at the top of my list! Follow that, you WILL do good magic, heck, just the rope section taught me the dissolving knot, and I'd never seen that before, and had been in Magic quite a while...

That course is almost TOO good!

Doug
Bob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Philadelphia, PA
1251 Posts

Profile of Bob Johnston
If you get the Complete Course, you will go back to it the rest of your life. Do not rush through it.

Be sure you are getting the latest printing.
Bob
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Yup! The Complete course is the one! I purchased it back in the seventies, and must say it's a great place for someone to start!

Mark Wilson holds a special place in my heart, because he is the one who sparked my interest in magic when I was all of five years old!

To this day, I still use the sponge ball routine taught in the course as one the main stays of my close up reportoire.

I also learned some great rope magic that I still use.

There is a whole lot more in that course. I still use the Hindu Flash Force, and other card moves I learned from the book.

It is a highly recomended way for someone to learn the basics of magic.

If you are new, you will not be sorry for purchasing this course.

You will have what you need to build a foundation in magic.

Go for it!
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
The complete course it what the title says it is a complete course. I have used it for years and will for years to come and I rate it as one of the best overall magic books ever written. The cyclopedia is smaller and although it is good I think everyone should if not own at least read the complete course. If I run out of ideas I just flip through my first magic book and I am flowing with creativity.
magic soul
View Profile
Regular user
U.K.
104 Posts

Profile of magic soul
I think the tarbell course are some of the best beginners books.Mainly because appart from teaching you the rudimentries it teachs you good entertaining triks as opposed to tricks like the vanishing knot which how ever you dress it up I don't think can ever be entertaining.andy
andy
troppobob
View Profile
Veteran user
Crescent Head Australia
372 Posts

Profile of troppobob
G'day to you all

I have the complete set of tarbell and have actualy read a lot of the pages and they are a valuable rescource.

I also have a copy of the little thick Cyclopedia my daughter purchased for me when she found it on special. I have compared it with the complete course and recognise that the big book is similar and does have some additional material. My intention is to pick up a copy of the complete course next time I see it at a bargain price.

However I suggest that both are very good value. My current Cups and Balls and Sponge Ball routines come primarily from the Cyclopedia and they are spot on.

Another positive that you may find is that if you are flying yourself around in an airoplane that the comparitivly light weight, compact and well bound Cyclopedia is handy to have on hand in your hand luggage for reading while waiting around.

Enjoy making your decision.

Troppo Bob

:jump:
Ricardo_magician
View Profile
Regular user
101 Posts

Profile of Ricardo_magician
Hi
I think that the complete course is the best out of those two books.

Ricardo the Magician
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Mark Wilson Books (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL