The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Beginners Book on Escapology (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

The Magician
View Profile
Loyal user
Liverpool
267 Posts

Profile of The Magician
Hi all, I am interested in learning about Escapology and what I was wondering is can anyone recommend any good books on escapology. Thanks
The Magician

Expect the Unexpected
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Your Fly is Down by Xtreem is a great one!
http://www.ealib.org/fly.htm

It has enough starter and advanced material to get you started and keep you busy for a while. you will learn several escapes for real world situations as well as some prize secrets.

I suggest you decide what types of escapes you want to do. Since you are asking, I'm assuming the Magic shop stuff is not going deep enough for your interests.

Look around in the Library while you are there. There is a suggested list of top ten books there. There are titles of most every escape book written. Also there are some cool items for sale from some of the top escape artists in the world, like Norm Bigelow, Steve Santini, and Stuart Burrell.

Also check out Cannon's great escapes for straight jackets, and other seldom seen, hard to get items.

Mike
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
whitelephant
View Profile
New user
Jerusalem
97 Posts

Profile of whitelephant
So I did a search trying to find where to buy a straight jacket- I looked on the net- I looked in here- and I still find myself unbound.
I was hoping someone here could give me a lead on where to buy these. Any help would be appreciated.
thanks,
Phil
edit: let me say that I currently use two escapes-the siberian chain, and the kellar tie, so I am still new at this particular art.
drink water...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
White Elephant you might want to Try Posey and Humane Restraints. Don,
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi,
For the very best prices that can be had for a variety of straitjackets try Ebay.

Be sure when searching to type in every possible variation of the word, i.e., straitjacket, strait jacket, straightjacket, straight jacket.

You will find a number of different makes and models this way and often in different sizes too.

Regards, Steve Santini

Sorry but I forgot to also mention that Posey and Humane Restraint Co. will not sell these items to private individuals.

Stick with Ebay for these. Steve Santini
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
I know Humane Restraints Will I already Called them The Only Thing They Won't sell to me are their Locking Restraints. Don,
whitelephant
View Profile
New user
Jerusalem
97 Posts

Profile of whitelephant
First let me thank you very much-I hadn't tried the multiple spellings on ebay- second, if it's not asking too much, can I trouble y'all for any suggestion on what styles are recomended and discuraged(sp?)?
drink water...
The Donster
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of The Donster
What is Usally Discouraged is if you are Doing it in a Un Safe Manner. Evreything Else is Usally OK. Just Remember Safety is the number one key. Don,
SANTINI
View Profile
Loyal user
SANTINI
293 Posts

Profile of SANTINI
Hi,
The best starter straitjacket that is still the "real thing" is the Humane Restraint jacket. This jacket is very user friendly and presents a very authentic appearance to those who see it due to it's leather straps.In short, it looks very much like what most people expect a straitjacket to look like.

It is not at all difficult to escape from either with or without a crotch strap, (which is removable, as are all of the other straps on the jacket). This gives you the option of performing either with or without the crotch strap. You can do either and your audience really will not care just as long as you entertain them with the presenation of the escape itself.

Hope this all helps, Steve Santini
KingStardog
View Profile
Inner circle
2134 Posts

Profile of KingStardog
Yes! the Humane jacket and the Jay leslie tape can get you started off very fast. PX Direct will take calls on the weekend and ship pretty fast. Make sure you check cannons and several other sites as some sites list different measurements for the same size jacket.
...think not that all wisdom is in your school. You may have studied other paths,but, it is important to remember that no matter who you are or where you come from, there is always more to learn.
schwartz
View Profile
New user
31 Posts

Profile of schwartz
I suggest the posey jacket--in my mind, the best quality. It looks formidable and the canvas is a heavy gague material. There is a dealer JuRon Co that sells used straight jackets or try Cannon's Great Escapes.

Good luck,

Schwartz
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » All tied up! » » Beginners Book on Escapology (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL