The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Verve by Jacopo Maggetto (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phatmeat
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, Maryland
748 Posts

Profile of Phatmeat
seanksutton
View Profile
Veteran user
331 Posts

Profile of seanksutton
Looks great and a nice plot. Does anyone know if it's examinable?

Here's the ad copy:
The most visual gum trick you'll EVER see.

Jacopo has unwrapped the potential of organic gum magic, and re-wrapped it in awesome with this double-whammy that goes back in time, and then changes at your fingertips.

With a carefully constructed gimmick that hides silently amongst your normal sticks of gum, Verve allows you to make magic with a seemingly normal object.

Unwrap the gum and discard the wrapper. With a shake, time reverses and the wrapper materialises around the stick of gum. Another shake and you effortlessly change the wrapper again, to an entirely new flavour.

The demand for magic with everyday objects is real. Don't disappoint.

Get Verve Now.

Format: Gimmick/Download
Difficulty: Beginner
Duration: 41 Minutes
Maxy
View Profile
Special user
636 Posts

Profile of Maxy
Looks very nice.
Does it work with other brands of gum or only with Brooklyn gum?
My artificial intelligence designs:
https://instagram.com/9picks
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
You know what I love? Magic trailers where nothing happens for 30 seconds.
Official Thread Killer
Xcath1
View Profile
Inner circle
3067 Posts

Profile of Xcath1
I wonder if this a changing gum effect that could "change your life"
alexlatorre
View Profile
Regular user
Barcelona
187 Posts

Profile of alexlatorre
^^^^^^^
:)
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Stucky wrote:

You know what I love? People that go on about how trailers have padding as if it's something important.

It's a trailer...who cares?
Slackerking
View Profile
Special user
613 Posts

Profile of Slackerking
Because a segment of the magic community apparently can't distinguish between an advertisement and an actual product, so imagine when they go out to buy a six pack of beer and it doesn't come with the hot chicks and fast cars
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Hahahahahahah...
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1355 Posts

Profile of Stucky
Quote:
On Jul 23, 2015, CarlMcCoy wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, Stucky wrote:

You know what I love? People that go on about how trailers have padding as if it's something important.

It's a trailer...who cares?

I do because it's ***ed boring and usually redundant. I'm all for artistic this and that but there comes a point where it's just silly.
Official Thread Killer
CarlMcCoy
View Profile
Elite user
465 Posts

Profile of CarlMcCoy
Don't mean to start a thing...but come on...really?

40 seconds?

I obviously have too much time on my hands...
WitchDocChris
View Profile
Inner circle
York, PA
2614 Posts

Profile of WitchDocChris
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, seanksutton wrote:

The gimmick itself will not be examinable. You would have to do a switch.

Someone else asked if it's only Brooklyn gum (Sorry, navigated away from the page so can't quote easily) -

The gimmick you receive looks exactly like what you see in the trailer. However, the instructional video contains a bit about how to repair the product if necessary - these same instructions could be used to personalize the gimmick to whatever you want without too much trouble.
Christopher
Witch Doctor

Psycho Seance book: https://tinyurl.com/y873bbr4
Boffo eBook: https://tinyurl.com/387sxkcd
Calvin826
View Profile
Special user
536 Posts

Profile of Calvin826
Can you make it LOOK as if the cord from a set of earbuds can pass through the gum (but only from severely limited angles, and under special lighting conditions)?
Jacopo
View Profile
New user
Italy
30 Posts

Profile of Jacopo
Quote:
On Jul 24, 2015, WitchDocChris wrote:
Quote:
On Jul 22, 2015, seanksutton wrote:

The gimmick itself will not be examinable. You would have to do a switch.

Someone else asked if it's only Brooklyn gum (Sorry, navigated away from the page so can't quote easily) -

The gimmick you receive looks exactly like what you see in the trailer. However, the instructional video contains a bit about how to repair the product if necessary - these same instructions could be used to personalize the gimmick to whatever you want without too much trouble.

Hi, I'm Jacopo here, thanks for the clarification!

If you live in USA I have found this online shop for you where you can find the Brooklyn chewing gum:

Brooklyn Chewing Gum Green: http://www.supermarketitaly.com/brooklyn......20-pack/

Brooklyn Chewing Gum White: http://www.supermarketitaly.com/brooklyn......ing-gum/

but as stated by WitchDocChris if you are good at DIY you can customize the brand! In the video explanation I explain how to repair the gimmick.

Thanks,
Jacopo Maggetto
My latest release: Verve by Jacopo Maggetto
My first release: J-TAB by Jacopo Maggetto
CoinsFallUp
View Profile
New user
Orlando, FL
61 Posts

Profile of CoinsFallUp
As far as modifying the gimmick would it work with the paper based wrappers that are popular today instead of the foil. Additionally are there any specific popular U.S. brands that are known to work.

Thanks
nattefrost
View Profile
Special user
704 Posts

Profile of nattefrost
CoinsFallUp- Yes, you can use the paper wrappers instead of the foil. I can't seem to find the packs of gum that just had 5 sticks and when you take it out of the pack, the foil had a paper wrapped around it with the name of the gum on both sides. Both the paper and foil that the piece of gum is in does not have the paper around the piece anymore. (Sorry if I am making this confusing). I had the same issue with "Gumslinger" by Chris Webb. (Chris did find a way to use it without the wrapper around the piece though. So when I make up a gimmick I am using the outer wrapper (the heavy foil type) that holds all of the pieces inside. I cut those out and use that for wrapping the single stick of gum.

Anyway, I have to admit that this is one of the coolest "pocket tricks" that I have, and I have tons. I CONSTANTLY play around with this over and over in the mirror and it looks so nice. And like WitchDocChris said it is not examinable and needs to be switched to hand it out, which is easy to do. I have only done this to a few friends and family and they don't even ask to see the gimmick- But that's very lucky, and believe me- people will want to see the piece after the final change. With the ones I am making with the major gum brand names (Freedent, Juicy Fruit, etc) I am going to try and get another pack of gum (of the brand and color it changes to at the end of performing this) and gimmick it so it can "look like" I place it back into the pack with other sticks but it goes somewhere else and then the spectator can check the entire pack.

This effect is SO MUCH FUN to perform-
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Verve by Jacopo Maggetto (8 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL