The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » The best magician NOVELS? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Hi everyone - I've been searching Kindle and Goodreads looking for fun and interesting novels based on magicians... not "real" magicians like Harry Potter but rather illusionists. Thought it would be fun to ask the community for your favorites. Here's my (very brief) starter list:

- Mr. Sebastian and the Negro Magician: I've just started this one and it's definitely caught my interest. Been distracted by some other novels but will get back to this one soon.
- Sleight of Mind: This is a very scientific (but relatable) look at WHY we like to be fooled. I wouldn't call it a novel, but it's a non-instructional magic book that is worth reading.
- The Night Circus: Can't bring myself to read this one. The premise sounds amazing but the reviews do not indicate it's really my style of book.
- Jonathan Strange & Mr. Norrell - This is next on my magic reading list - seems like it has a cult following and now a TV show as well

What about you - have any illusionist novels or books to recommend that aren't how-to effect instructions or histories/biographies?
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Aaaaaand just saw there's already a thread on this. What a n00b. Don't know how to delete this post but there's a better one out there already!
Anatole
View Profile
Inner circle
1912 Posts

Profile of Anatole
Can you post a link to the other thread?
Did you already repost your message there?
After all, new novels aboiut magicians might be published--new novels that weren't discuss in the other thread you mentioned.

Also, sometimes it doesn't hurt to duplicate or cross post an item because some information might be appropriate for more than one thread. I might not want to scroll through line after line of posts that sometimes have multiple pages on the Café. A discussion, for instance, of Cardini's act might be appropriate for both "Magicians of Old" and "Finger/Stage Manipulation."

----- Amado "Sonny" Narvaez
----- Sonny Narvaez
KristoBall
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of KristoBall
Sure thing! Here is the link to the original thread.
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=135
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » A turn of the page » » The best magician NOVELS? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL