The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Upcoming card books to drool at... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
McMillen, Rosenthal, Jennings, Bebel, Birnman and Robinson are the ones I can think of...

Can you guys add to the list...

Just thought I'd start a thread about books that you're looking forward to being published.
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Gary Plants supposedly has a book coming out. I am really looking forward to it. I have envied his Zarrow Shuffle technique for quite a while.
Mikey-Flys
View Profile
Regular user
Edmonton, Alberta
179 Posts

Profile of Mikey-Flys
Leo Beaudreau's Skullduggery sometime this summer.
Cameron Roat
View Profile
Special user
Michigan
728 Posts

Profile of Cameron Roat
The Chosse book and John Bannon's DEAR MR. FANTASY. Smile
TheGreatDane
View Profile
Regular user
White Plains, NY
183 Posts

Profile of TheGreatDane
Simon Lovell has a new book coming out -- I've heard two different names for it -- one being "Billion Dollar Bunko" but lately I've heard it's going to be called "The Grandson Of Simon Says" (a more logical name, given his last two books). Either way, it's being published by L&L and it's coming out sometime early this year. If anybody can give me an exact date, I would be eternally grateful (well, maybe not eternally, but close).
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." ~Vincent Van Gogh
therntier
View Profile
Special user
681 Posts

Profile of therntier
I have heard that Harkey has a new one in the works. Anyone know about this one?
Craig Chamberlain
View Profile
New user
Michigan, USA
49 Posts

Profile of Craig Chamberlain
Juan Tamariz books from Hermetic Press...
cybercardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
germany,berlin
126 Posts

Profile of cybercardmagic
Ascanio books in English!!!
GeorgeG
View Profile
Special user
Thousand Oaks, CA
978 Posts

Profile of GeorgeG
Harry Lorayne's current project: the re-written, newly-illustrated, and updated compilation of 3-4 early titles, including "Close Up Card Magic."
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Oh yeah and the Geoff Latta book as well.

And Bannon's Cardzilla (love the title).
huggie50
View Profile
Regular user
North Las Vegas
109 Posts

Profile of huggie50
How about the second edition of Encyclopedia of Playing Card Flourishes???
Magically yours,
Huggie
Seth
View Profile
Special user
566 Posts

Profile of Seth
Just thought I'd resurrect this thread after a year...

Out of all those mentioned only 2 of those books, the gary plants zarrow and the Tamariz books have come out...

Is it me or are all the really cool books taking forever to surfarce. Do I just have odd taste, why is so easy for so many people to put out so much junk but for the good stuff it takes ages. Is the demand for these items not high enough?
Canvey Card Sharp
View Profile
Special user
Canvey Island Essex ENGLAND
552 Posts

Profile of Canvey Card Sharp
And there was me believing Harry Lorayne when he said 'Personal Collection' was to be his LAST ever card magic book. Then again, he's said that in every book he's ever written I think.

I don't know why his books need updating - despite their years, they still hold up well for me.

Nice to see the list above - tho I don't know if I'll buy any as I've got enough card magic books to last a lifetime already. However, it's great to see that the written word is holding it's own against digital media.

I know it isn't 'card magic' per se, but does anyone know anything definate about a new Ken Brooke book that's in the pipeline and, if so, what it will contain?
Barry Allen

A Trick....A Smile....Applause
Mark Ennis
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC
1031 Posts

Profile of Mark Ennis
I would love to see the book of card magic from Jack Birnman. I focused on cards early on into magic after watching him perform some of the most off of the wall card effects. He was a great guy and he got a huge kick out of doing card tricks for people. I am not sure anymore what happened to the manuscripts for this book but it doesn't look like it will be released. I hope I am wrong.
ME
BrainMagos
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of BrainMagos
What about the Goeff Latta books? Weren't they scheduled for last year as well? I guess that is why publisher and authors refrain from announcing a release date nowadays...
ragtop
View Profile
New user
california
58 Posts

Profile of ragtop
That Fred Robinson book sounds very interesting.

And the new Bannon book......
bprattmagic
View Profile
New user
Boston
74 Posts

Profile of bprattmagic
Johnathan Townsend book should be incredible.
Paul
View Profile
Inner circle
A good lecturer at your service!
4409 Posts

Profile of Paul
Quote:
On 2005-01-29 12:22, Canvey Card Sharp wrote:
And there was me believing Harry Lorayne when he said 'Personal Collection' was to be his LAST ever card magic book. Then again, he's said that in every book he's ever written I think.

I don't know why his books need updating - despite their years, they still hold up well for me.

Nice to see the list above - tho I don't know if I'll buy any as I've got enough card magic books to last a lifetime already. However, it's great to see that the written word is holding it's own against digital media.

I know it isn't 'card magic' per se, but does anyone know anything definate about a new Ken Brooke book that's in the pipeline and, if so, what it will contain?

This is not a trick book, rather a book about the man himself with plenty of funny anecdotes. Steve Cook is the writer/compiler.

Paul.
David Eichler
View Profile
Grammar Host
Durham, ME
1780 Posts

Profile of David Eichler
The Lorayne and Bannon books....
Stam Olpid
View Profile
New user
Connecticut
15 Posts

Profile of Stam Olpid
I really am looking forward to the Harvey Rosenthal book. I heard it is amazing.

Until next time,

:stuckinbag:

Stam
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Upcoming card books to drool at... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL