The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Penn & Teller (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Does anyone here now how to get on their show. Fool US
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22044 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
On the last show, 2 of the contestants said they were invited. I take that to mean you have to have an Internet presence, because all of them have Internet videos on YouTube. Penn had said to one contestant that they seen him 3 weeks prior, then he was contacted to appear on the show. So I guess there is an audition phase as well.

Thus far, I note a lot of the magicians that make and sell their magic ideas, and ones that get on the news like the Rubik Cube guy that was on national news showing the Cube to police that stopped him for a light out on his car.

You can't on this season as all the 13 episodes have been filmed already. So if it happens, it happens very quickly, as reading up on the show, it was not planned for a second season after the 1st.

So you need a presence on the Internet, in a timely manner to coincide with their renewal contract with the CW. It is the old, who you know scenario, if don't get millions of hits on a YouTube video to draw their attention. Or you know anyone that knows Penn and Teller, and can put a good word in for you.

Only guessing from what I heard and read about the show.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Jul 29, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
On the last show, 2 of the contestants said they were invited. I take that to mean you have to have an Internet presence, because all of them have Internet videos on YouTube. Penn had said to one contestant that they seen him 3 weeks prior, then he was contacted to appear on the show. So I guess there is an audition phase as well.

Thus far, I note a lot of the magicians that make and sell their magic ideas, and ones that get on the news like the Rubik Cube guy that was on national news showing the Cube to police that stopped him for a light out on his car.

You can't on this season as all the 13 episodes have been filmed already. So if it happens, it happens very quickly, as reading up on the show, it was not planned for a second season after the 1st.

So you need a presence on the Internet, in a timely manner to coincide with their renewal contract with the CW. It is the old, who you know scenario, if don't get millions of hits on a YouTube video to draw their attention. Or you know anyone that knows Penn and Teller, and can put a good word in for you.

Only guessing from what I heard and read about the show.

Bill,
Do you proofread or at least read your posts before posting?
It may be a good idea.
If you have a problem such as Dyslexia, then please forgive me and ignore my post.
Ihor
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks Bill. You were very helpful. Ihop are you helping with the answer or just correcting someone else's.

Bairefoot
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I'm correcting. Thanks for asking.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I find it very difficult to understand some of Bill's posts. I know for a fact, that I am not alone.
If users are to benefit from Bill's suggestions, they have to understand what he is trying to say.
My post was also for Bill's benefit. This was not the only post that had to be deciphered.
If he took the time to reread his (many) posts, he would appear more credible. I'm not talking about typos. It happens to all of us.
I'm talking about clarity, misuse of words, and grammar in general.
Grammar supervisors, where are you? Lol
Ihor
John Martin
View Profile
Special user
994 Posts

Profile of John Martin
Quote:
On Jul 30, 2015, Ihop wrote:

I'm talking about clarity, misuse of words, and grammar in general.
Grammar supervisors, where are you? Lol


That's amusing. Just a couple of weeks ago Bill was giving me an English lesson. LOL

Sorry no info on getting on the show. However this is where they taped the show. Perhaps contacting them will help.

Penn & Teller Theater at Rio All Suite Hotel &
3700 W. Flamingo Road
Las Vegas, NV 89103

John
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks John.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22044 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Sometimes I proofread and sometimes I don't. Even when I do, I mentally fill in the missing adjectives and such. As most know, no one can proofread their own work and be 100% accurate.

I am not publishing or writing like this forum is book to be sold, it is chat website. If you want book quality, then please send your payments to me. I will hire a proofreader.

Ihop, has been stalking me for sometime, don't know what his end game is, but I just have to put up with it. I guess it is jealousy. I lived through a aortic and iliac aneurysms and 2 blood clots, so people like Ihop do not bother me anymore.

I don't know why so many members dislike people attempting to help others in a real and helpful manner.

Edited 3 times on the fly, probably still not good enough for Ihop.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Quote:
On Aug 9, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Sometimes I proofread and sometimes I don't. Even when I do, I mentally fill in the missing adjectives and such. As most know, no one can proofread their own work and be 100% accurate.

I am not publishing or writing like this forum is book to be sold, it is chat website. If you want book quality, then please send your payments to me. I will hire a proofreader.

Ihop, has been stalking me for sometime, don't know what his end game is, but I just have to put up with it. I guess it is jealousy. I lived through a aortic and iliac aneurysms and 2 blood clots, so people like Ihop do not bother me anymore.

I don't know why so many members dislike people attempting to help others in a real and helpful manner.

Edited 3 times on the fly, probably still not good enough for Ihop.


No end game, Bill.
I'm not stalking you.
If you really must know, you were very nasty and insulting to me when I was a newbie here on this forum. I bring it to your attention when you do the same thing to other newbies. I was not nasty but asked you to be more polite and to not turn new members away.
I asked for help and you insulted me. I was only on the Café about a month at the time.
I forgive you for that but I cannot forget how nasty you were for no reason.
I bring it to your attention when you do the same thing to other newbies. I was not nasty but asked you to be more polite.
So now, I correct you when you are wrong with your advice or if your advice is difficult to understand.
If I recall, you seem to criticize other members quite often.

I hope that helps you understand.
Ihor
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks for the help IHOP you should have sent that to Bill in a PM.
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
I agree. I shouldn't have subjected others to that.
Sorry.
Ihor
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
It takes a big man to do that Ihop. I respect you even more now!

Bairefoot
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22044 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ihop, I don't know what motivates you to think you have any right to correct me or anyone.

I do remember your 1st post in the Secret Section, and to me it just sounded to me you did not understand, and did not like what I was suggesting. Your post was clear as mud. Maybe if you work on posting your complete thought and expressing them in words, it would help getting a useful response. You have not problem expressing your feelings about my posts. How about doing the same with you magic questions. It was only a suggestion, if you did not like it, ignore it, it is really that simple.

If you don't want to play "Wheel of Fortune" when I and mistype, the skip my posts. I am not the only one that types and leaves off ending and beginning letters. Why don't you correct all those people as well. You see you are fixated on me, so you have a problem. It is only me you are nasty stalking and making public comments about. Just let it go, or as I believe I have mentioned to you before, ask the Café to make you a monitor, and you can correct all the spelling on the Café.

If you did not know, this website is Magicians helping Magician, and I have never read a post from you with a solution to any question. This I take it your are hear for other reasons. I know my knowledge is much greater then yours, just from your lack of knowledgeable postings.

Bairefoot, Ihop is blocked from sending me any PMs.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Bill,
I sent you a PM.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Blocked! Bill, I guess you want to continue in public.
Ihor
Ihop
View Profile
Inner circle
Glen Spey, NY
1565 Posts

Profile of Ihop
Never mind.
It's not worth it.
Ihor
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
443 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Sounds very much like Harry Potter vs Lord Voldemort in here.

Out of the danger of public is the way to go.
magicshowprod
View Profile
Regular user
Seattle, WA
109 Posts

Profile of magicshowprod
Too bad the subject got hijacked. It started out pretty interesting. Oh well, another good conversation brought down by bickering.
Don Shock
The Magical World of Don Shock
Bairefoot
View Profile
Special user
997 Posts

Profile of Bairefoot
Thanks magicshow.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Lights...camera...action! » » Penn & Teller (1 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL