The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » This new material really needs to be used in a magic effect.... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22736 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Where you been it has been on the magic market for 10 years. The company just recently went out of business, because no one bought the glasses and pitchers.

Now that they are on the general market, there is not reason to use them for magic purposes.
sdmagic
View Profile
Special user
684 Posts

Profile of sdmagic
I've seen a few, but none of them looked as crystal clear as these. These look just like real glass.
Rocky
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of Rocky
[quote]On Jul 30, 2015, Bill Hegbli wrote:
Where you been it has been on the magic market for 10 years. The company just recently went out of business, because no one bought the glasses and pitchers.

Now that they are on the general market, there is not reason to use them for magic purposes.

Bill...it must be very difficult maintaining your patience with the folks here that do not share the vast knowledge that you have in the world of magic.
plmqaz1243
View Profile
Regular user
Only has
141 Posts

Profile of plmqaz1243
Ever since I saw the wiggly wobbly wand used as a gag (when I was 5, but that wasn't too long ago) I've always been fascinated with the idea of taking an object, especially borrowed, and warping it as if it were rubber. I can't think of a use for flexible glassware outside of a trick where you present a glass, then warp it. The inherent problem is that the miracle is the same as the method. You claim to have a magic flexible glass, or perhaps the ability to magically warp a glass, and show it to be true. The audience will think 'wow that's a neat rubber glass.' With a reliable switch, I could see this becoming a gag similar to the bendy wand.

However, a few years ago, I remember using tinfoil glued to circles of rubber originally used as furniture feet as flexible quarters. I would do a bent quarter effect where I swap a spectator's quarter for the rubber gimmick (which, amazingly, very very few people realized looks nothing like a quarter) bent it full in half, and after another switch, returned a solid folded quarter to the spectator. A similar effect with glassware (similar to bent wine glass) would be astonishing.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Rings, strings & things » » This new material really needs to be used in a magic effect.... (3 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL