The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Juggling with fireballs (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Just been wondering if there is such a market effect out? I've heard that the effect "Fire Alarm" is like a cotton ball you can hold in your hand while it's lit,
But do anyone have ideas if it would work out as a magic/juggling combination?

Or any other suggestions?

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
joculari
View Profile
New user
Canada
80 Posts

Profile of joculari
I have a set of firefly juggling balls. They're spiral caged balls with Kevlar wicking. You don't need gloves but they can be rather big especially if you want to use them for magic. I would only use them for juggling but even then its not very impressive if you can juggle torches.
MacGyver
View Profile
Inner circle
St. Louis, MO
1419 Posts

Profile of MacGyver
I've tried that Eirik.

Using the cotton balls. The hest isn't that bad, especially if your using whatever that fire alarm is.I just soaked cotton balls in rubbing alchohol. I don't know how much cooler fire alarm is.

The problem is the weight, very very hard to juggle, and also if you throw them too fast they blow out. I would try something heavier, but I could never get a good rhythm.
Eirik
View Profile
Special user
Oslo
879 Posts

Profile of Eirik
Thanks for the input fellas,
Guess it's hard to apply juggling into a burning cottonball routine, I will do some more reserach on the Fire Alarm, and see if it could be done.
Size is a important factor to, It can not be to big, nor to small.

A hard nut to crack.

-e-
...As long as i`m not a world-champion at anything, the great reactions of doin` magic will do just fine.....
philblackmore
View Profile
Regular user
199 Posts

Profile of philblackmore
There are other juggling fire balls on the market. I think they are wooden balls covered in a kevlar wick. These are probably too big for most magic, but maybe you could make smaller ones. They come with gloves, but you may be able to juggle a little without them?
cheesewrestler
View Profile
Inner circle
Chicago
1157 Posts

Profile of cheesewrestler
Well, just speaking as a spectator I think it would be MORE impressive, not less, to juggle the fireballs with gloves on. The bigger & heavier the better. First because juggling with gloves on looks harder, and second because they dramatize the heat flame danger element. I mean, if the fireballs are so harmless you don't even need gloves, what's the big deal?
MOTO42
View Profile
Loyal user
Whitehouse Texas
225 Posts

Profile of MOTO42
If you can soak cotton balls in fuel and juggle them why not take a ball of the proper wheight, slighly smaller than what you need, attach a thick cotton whik of some sort to the exterior, soak it in fuel and juggle that?
"One man's miracle is another man's warm-up"
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
Contact De'vo (superhandz.com) (handlordz.com) he has some sort of special gel I believe (I could be wrong) that he uses on his cards.
Arkadia
View Profile
Special user
Sweden, Sundsvall
866 Posts

Profile of Arkadia
The fireballs which needs gloves REALLY needs the gloves. The balls are very, very hot even though you have gloves soaked in water on your hands. I wouldn´t suggest you do anything beside juggling with that set of balls. But I suggest you juggle them, very impressive beacuse of the huge flame. I love them.
Don't miss out on the great new mentalist magic: www.metalwriting.com
Red_Wing_II
View Profile
Regular user
Enchanted Mitten
164 Posts

Profile of Red_Wing_II
Jordini,

I believe your talking about pyro gel, available at

http://www.theatrefx.com/store/commerce......._related
Slim Price
View Profile
Inner circle
1935 - 2006
1326 Posts

Profile of Slim Price
Just a note, your skin starts to BURN at about 130 degrees, Pyrogel's temp is 800 degrees! Do a little math. Further there is a difference when a flaming versus an inert object passes through air (juggling)
Slim Price,
An often burned (over 50 years) performer...
sanscan@tds.net

"I will never bitter be, as long as I can laugh at me!"

"The people who were dancing were thought to be insane by those who could not hear the music"
wol
View Profile
Loyal user
Norfolk, UK
238 Posts

Profile of wol
I also juggle fire balls , wooden with kevlar wick , gloves are a must but they look *** cool. If you juggle and don't mind a risk give them a go!
Keep passing the open windows!
Jordini
View Profile
Inner circle
2765 Posts

Profile of Jordini
I was going to make a joke about using toilet paper rolls soaked in gas, but I realized it wasn't funny...
levitatingace
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of levitatingace
Good call
Dragonbreth22
View Profile
New user
Toledo, OH
6 Posts

Profile of Dragonbreth22
There are some wonderful fire juggling props on the market. they look like a spherical spring with a wick inside, they have a nice flame and they stay cool, considering.
they are found on
http://www.dube.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Up in smoke! » » Juggling with fireballs (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL