The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drawing Thoughts - Chris Rawlins (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
archini
View Profile
Veteran user
UK
306 Posts

Profile of archini
Mine arrived while I was on holiday, but just got back to find it waiting for me. Smile
I.D.D is the star of this little book and I had forgotten some of the little details that make it so workable.
Having said that, there is a whole lot of great little drawing dupe ideas and tips hidden in it.
Great stuff, really nice. Right I am off again. Might pop back in 2018.

John
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
Ordered this last night as I love this type of effect so really interested to hear Chris's thoughts and ideas behind this.

Will post a review hopefully sometime next week when I've had a chance to check it out Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2818 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Mine arrived today! I had a special request for Chris & he fulfilled said request quickly and with a smile! Can't wait to read the book!

Nathan
Spassmacher
View Profile
New user
Germany
1 Post

Profile of Spassmacher
Very good customer service!
Thank you Chris.
Ordered!
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1213 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Reading this is just brilliant. So many happy customers. When done Chris. I may pick this up soon myself. How many are available?

Kind regards,

Joel
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
135 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Hey Joel,

Long time no speak!

Very few copies left now, as soon as the last few have sold the competition will be drawn.

As said previously this isn't a limited edition, I will be printing more.

All the best,

Christopher.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1213 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Should of read well done Chris, of course Smile
Excellent. Fingers crossed I'll get it in time. Just on a break from performing in sunny Slough.

Keep up the good work.

Joel.
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
It's arrived and I love it! I'll do proper review tomorrow if I get time.
BitterBrewerAZ
View Profile
New user
Tucson, AZ
64 Posts

Profile of BitterBrewerAZ
Wow, quick shipping Chris. Can't wait to delve into this over the next week. Cheers!
MJG
View Profile
New user
39 Posts

Profile of MJG
Received this last week and having had a chance to check it out and really happy with my purchase. In the days of overpriced mentalism books this is really good value for money.

If you're a fan of the drawing dupe plot I would highly recommend this as there's lots of great ideas on how the various methods discussed can be used in close-up and on stage. As mentioned previously, the stand out effect is without a shadow of a doubt I.D.D and having had a few days to mull it over I've even thought of another way this method could be utilised as I'm sure others will do too. I always love it when one effect inspires others. It's also great that the bonus effect the method to a previously marketed effect was included here.

I'd also like to mention that this is my first dealing with Chris and he has been superb to deal with and the delivery was very very quick.
Thank you Chris and I look forward to seeing more of your work in the future.

Matt Smile
Nathan Pain
View Profile
Inner circle
iowa
2818 Posts

Profile of Nathan Pain
Loving it so far! I have read right up to all the bonus material. A lot of really fresh ideas for the DD!

Nathan
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10475 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Got mind at the post office yesterday - look forward to diving in.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I've read this properly now and here is what I think after taking some more time to mull it all over....
To start with this book is full of workable new exciting methods and like Chris and Luke Jermay say 'Off beat' approaches to the drawing dupe effect.
I found everything in here useful but as people above have said, it's the IDD that I'm most excited to start using!

I like that If I want I can draw first before the spectator without any more effort. I like how clean this all feels and how brilliantly simple this particular approach is.
It's certainly 'a worker'. A'm excited to combine the IDD with my personal presentation for the drawing duplication effect that I have been using for a bit.
The book is well formatted, neat, and has so much detail that It makes the learning experience very simple.

I can't wait to try this out, it's my new 'thing' I'll always have with me. If you like this premise I'm certain you will get a lot from this book.

Very happy customer and Chris has been a pleasure to deal with, book arrived very quickly and neatly packaged too. Smile
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I must be honest and say I don't really care for this. I'm not from the school of thought that says mentalism doesn't need to be 100% perfect. Sometimes this will be very close. Sometimes it won't.

I think my main issue is that it feels like mental magic. Which is fine, but not for me. Isolating a drawing in a stack of cards just makes no sense to me.

Also, you're not actually duplicating a drawing. You're predicting or guessing it. The drawings will almost never actually Match 100%.

It also doesn't lend itself particularly easily to stage performances.

I won't use this.

I do though really enjoy Chris's writing style and think it's a very well produced project.
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
I'm referring to the primary/main method in the book by the way. I realise there are others.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
135 Posts

Hi Aukt,

I have sent you a PM, and I don't often come by here, however:

If you perform the IDD as written within the book, where your spectator draws first - you are very much duplicating their thought of image and not predicting it.

However with the IDD approach, you can draw first if you so wish.

I suggest you re read the entire book, If the IDD isn't for you, you have a wealth of other ,methods included within Drawing Thoughts that you can start using.

I hope this helps.

Christopher.
BMWGuy
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas
2194 Posts

Profile of BMWGuy
Hey guys.

Luke Jermays Contribution to this is great because it allows you to perform on stage or parlour where you draw first and then the spectator uses their own intuition to correctly guess what you drew

This is powerful because you just turned the effect around into Spectator as Mind Reader

Also with IDD you can cleanly show your drawing that it matches what the spectator drew but not so much a prediction effect but moré of an intuition effect of the vibes you were receiving from the spectator for you to duplicate the image

I guess it all depends how you frame it and present the effect

It works for me. Its a worker.

Alex
PRESET by Alex Alejandro & Dan Harlan now available for a special introductory price!
aukt
View Profile
Special user
766 Posts

Profile of aukt
Thanks for the reply here Christopher - I'm on a rubbish gprs browser so can't get the pm open.

Anyway - I stand firm on IDD not being a drawing duplication. Don't get me wrong, sometimes it will be. But many times it won't.

By way of example, here are some things I've had drawn recently during sneak thief:

Television
Wheelchair
Drawers
Paintbrush
Credit card
Laptop
Microwave
Snail
Umbrella
Clock
Spoon
Fork
Cow
Chair

If these images came up while using your IDD method, I'd have been wrong every time bar one. Sure, I'd build up my version as I go along, but that's a metric ton of fails, and no guarantee that as I build my 'system' that they are any more likely to come up again.

Using the IDD system you will never accurately duplicate a spectators drawing. You'll come close, no doubt. But you'll not match the drawing in the way that you might with say a para pad or some such.

Here's what I mean. If they draw a wristwatch, you can reveal that you drew a clock. Similar, but not a drawing duplication.

But if they draw a chair, you will fail and have no convincing out.

Or if they draw a fork, you will fail and have no convincing out.

Last week, I had someone draw a mug with three stars in it, and a cloud above it, with rain going into the mug. Using IDD I would have totally failed with no convincing out.

I just want to be honest. I would have liked to have read this view before buying a product that I apparently cannot resell.

I loved Christopher's penguin lecture. And the production quality of this book is great. And I really respect John and Luke's opinions. But I don't recommend this particular release. Your mileage may of course vary.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
135 Posts

Aukt,

Thanks for the reply.

The IDD is a drawing duplication, admittedly, like every other method we use as performer's, there is something to it, but the perceived effect is very much that you duplicate a thought of image.

I am not suggesting that you only use my IDD, and maybe it isn't for you. However for me, many other professional performers and supporters of my work, it works very well.

I have had countless successful performances over the past 18 months using this method.

The crucial part to it's success is really using it.

Secondly, customising this to the demographic that you perform for.

In your case, this may take time, but I assure you it is worth it.

I also stress that this is a public forum, so please try not to expose any of the books contents.

I'm so glad that you enjoy my other work too, and I struggle to believe that within thin whole volume, there isn't something you can work and use in the real world.

Thank you for supporting my work, and I hope you continue to do so.

Christopher.
simon hughes
View Profile
Veteran user
London
323 Posts

Profile of simon hughes
As Chris said, if performed how he intends from what's written in the book, the spectator will absolutely believe that you read their mind and duplicated their drawing. Not predicted it. Although you drawing first is possible and is suggested in the book.

I'm also sure that if you follow what Chris teaches in the book and actually use this for real people, you will find always find success through performance.

I think the IDD is smart, fun to perform and so far the reactions for me have been amazing. Thanks Chris.

P.s the rest of the book is great too, tonne of great stuff
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drawing Thoughts - Chris Rawlins (49 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL