The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drawing Thoughts - Chris Rawlins (49 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
236 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I ordered mine yesterday and can't wait to get it.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1200 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Looking forward to receiving this book.

Joel.
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
I'm reading through the book and I think Aukt makes some extremely valid points.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
danramsden
View Profile
New user
34 Posts

Profile of danramsden
This is probably the best thing I've bought all year - so much potential to adapt this to different styles and presentations.
Christopher_Rawlins
View Profile
Regular user
North West, England.
135 Posts

Profile of Christopher_Rawlins
Just a quick note, although these are covered in the book.

If you have any concern at all, you can either: make a more comprehensive IDD, or put in the time to adapt this to your audiences/ spectators.

OR

Limit the spectator to a category - Bands, Films etc.

Another key element to my success with this approach (as explained within Drawing Thoughts) is the leading language that has your spectator draw a particular type of image.

This is all explained within the book.

If nothing else, you have a wealth of other methods that are more traditional that you can start using right away.

Thank you all so much for supporting my work.

On another note - the competition is very close to being drawn!

More information soon.

Christopher
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Honest opinion - I won't be buying again from Chris due to the ban on being able not to resale

I really want to sell this

Don't get me wrong - I am sure some people will love this - I liked reading it but nothing there will be of use to me personally as I found like aukt the core method not very plausible ie the burying of the card..... The only method I might use but likely won't as I don't use a wallet specified specs is the first offering - as its clean simple and direct

It's my own fault as I didn't notice the do not resell in small print at the bottom of a web page - else I would never have bought this in the first place

Caveat emptor

Again I'm sure some will love it - not me based on my own style

If Chris lifts the ban ( as people like maven berglas etc never put such restrictions on their work - because why fear if the work will stand I suppose) - I'll sell mine here on the Café.

No insult Chris - just not for me and now I can't sell it as a book.... As I'll honour the request even though I think it makes no sense to me.

Oh if I win the competition and you come to Canada I'll explain in morre detail over a nice beverage.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2819 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
The small print says you can't sell it, upload it or share it but it doesn't prohibit giving it away to an
old friend! Smile
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2015, danramsden wrote:
This is probably the best thing I've bought all year - so much potential to adapt this to different styles and presentations.

Please.

This seems a good example of respected and well known friends (Archer,Jermay) helping to back up a pal's release.

So far it overall disappoints.

Others have left their reviews in detail which pretty much covers what should be known. The IDD is a new take on classic ideas - granted. But I don't think it's groundbreaking by any stretch. Clever? Kinda. Usable? Questionable. Worth the price of entry for this cute little book? Meh. I won't use it.

Caveat emptor.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7409 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Was waiting patiently for your review Brett. Thanks. More money saved.
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
If Chris lifts the ban ( as people like maven berglas etc never put such restrictions on their work

What work Doctor ?
davidredfearn
View Profile
Regular user
London
162 Posts

Profile of davidredfearn
I've ordered this didn't see cannot re-sell note .
DR
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2015, pegasus wrote:
Was waiting patiently for your review Brett. Thanks. More money saved.

Your $ not mine LOL... Smile
Chris Jones
View Profile
Elite user
437 Posts

Profile of Chris Jones
I think it's superb, I'm veery happy with it.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
10462 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Aug 31, 2015, Bill Cushman wrote:
The small print says you can't sell it, upload it or share it but it doesn't prohibit giving it away to an
old friend! Smile

I think that may fall under sharing concept..... Let me check the dictionaries - I think more if I toss it out to some random location and someone stumbles upon it by accident maybe that gets around the barriers.

On the other hand, if you really want to know - just put down the cash and find out. As mentioned - some people might like it. It might be you.... Since you like the cartel vicarious offering..... If am no longer sure of your tastes.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
854 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
I really don't want to get into this, but there's no way that an author can legally prevent resale of a book by the owner of that book.

He's living in a fantasy world if he believes that.

Look it up.
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7409 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Agreed Jack. I can't imagine the Police knocking on your door if you did decide to sell. Smile
aukt
View Profile
Special user
768 Posts

Profile of aukt
Anyone wants to trade mine - get in touch. Trading is not prohibited.

But please know that I don't think you'll use it.
Paul S Wingham
View Profile
Inner circle
1335 Posts

Profile of Paul S Wingham
I'm not saying you shouldn't honour the creator's wishes if they were made explicitly before you purchased, but I am not convinced you cant put a bit of small print in an advert and expect that to constitute a contract / agreement as their has to be positive acceptance.. Obviously uploading and sharing illegally is a different matter.

I must admit, I did seriously think of buying this, but like a lot of magic it may or may not work for me personally, or give me something new. For this reason, I often sell magic that isn't bad; it just doesn't suit me. I don't think I'm prepared to be potentially stuck with a £45 book that could be brilliant, could be mediocre or could be bad. If I'd just bought it and later discovered the small print, I'd have simply sold it anyway if I didn't like it, but I cant with a clear conscience buy it now and then claim I didn't know.

I would urge Chris to reconsider, or at least be very very clear on this stipulation. It should at least be mentioned next to the paypal buttons as many people will read forums like this and just buy.

All that said; it sounds interesting and I wish you the best with it.
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2187 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Much of the attention has gone on the effect IDD but there are also other items in the book, including how to make up 'Reveal.' Also, while I would not use IDD, it gave me two good ideas - one inspiring a DD effect of my own and the other using the workings behind IDD for other effects. I am being vague here, but the workings could be useful to certain business card effects.

I do, though, feel Chris should remove his restriction about resale.

Neil
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Drawing Thoughts - Chris Rawlins (49 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL