The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Benefits of hiring a magician (website optimization) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zauberfreu.de
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Zauberfreu.de
At the moment I am recomposing my website and I want my front to directly deliver the promises I can give the customer.

Therefore I am thinking about which benefits I could deliver.

Ill give you a short insight, what I want my magic to be like:
I try to make all my moves in moderate tempo, no confusing quick movements and such.
I try to give it an elegant touch by keeping it simple.
Almost everything I do has a story that has sense and might be inspiring to people (i am a big believer in personality development and that everyone has the potential to do great things if he stops limiting himself).
I never do tricks where a person gets humiliated or even feels temporary awkward.
I am approachable and warm. No psychological wall between me and the spectators.
I prefer to do close up magic, but I have also created a 20 minute stage show.
I don t play a role, I portray myself as a person that does magic to entertain and values this artform.
For my customers I have been creating individual tricks customised to their event.
I listen what they want and not what I want to sell.
And I am a big fan of riddles. I don t want them to try to solve the magic, so when I leave a table I ll leave them with a riddle they can work on, even after I am gone.

So these are the keyfactors for my magic and I try to find the right wordings for my website.
All I have come up with yet ist this:

I deliver
-sophisticated entertainment (in german there is a better word to describe what I want to say)
-customised magic to your event

that's it. I would like to assure my customers, that noone will be humiliated for example, but if I write this it gives this negative touch to magic and I don t want to tell my customers which bad magician habits I do not do, which they might be afraid of. I want to keep all I say positive.

So my questions are:
Do you have any ideas for further appealing promises I could give?
Which promises do you give your customers on your website?
What makes customers want to buy our entertainment?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
While what you've offered may set a nice tone or feel, it offers nothing or little in the form of benefits to the purchaser or prospect. At this point it's all about you. This is such a common mistake made by entertainers. Fine include some of this on the About you page, but you should be more concerned with hitting the hot buttons and selling points to the reader, not yourself.

The promises you are seeking should in my opinion be more about direct benefits and concerns to the target.

Your last question is one that should really be probed much more - what makes customers want to buy our entertainment? There are many things that being identified could help steer you in the right direction.

Also use this to separate yourself from the others, from the pack. Use this as a positioning component.
Zauberfreu.de
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Zauberfreu.de
Thanks, I think youre on point there. One selling point might be that I connect their guests, because they have something they can talk about even if they didn t know each other before.

Maybe you guys have some further ideas?
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Yes, the connection may be nice, but even better would be things that you can offer that others (your competition) can't (or don't). This is what can really separate yourself and position yourself as their real only choice.
Zauberfreu.de
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Zauberfreu.de
Yeah I will think about that. I already have an idea. But for the moment I am also glad about ideas for features that buyers might want. (even if other magicians can deliver these too)
jakeg
View Profile
Inner circle
1741 Posts

Profile of jakeg
Try writing the same benefits, but wherever you have the word 'I', put in the word 'you' and rewrite.
Zauberfreu.de
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Zauberfreu.de
Thanks, I just did that. Although I did not use every point Smile
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
See THIS PAGE from my used-to-be magician website
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Benefits of hiring a magician (website optimization) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL