The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Juan Tamariz Books (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
JCheng
View Profile
Veteran user
313 Posts

Profile of JCheng
Awesome!
Thanks for the update Steven!
alexhui
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong
1956 Posts

Profile of alexhui
Can't wait!
To support 100% honest and unbiased reviews: Donate by PayPal

For BRUTALLY HONEST consultation for your upcoming projects, PM me.

YouTube: Alex Magic Review
YouTube: Themis Magic World
Instagram: @AlexMagicReview
Instagram: @ThemisMagic
krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
87 Posts

Profile of krazykat
Since they are part of a set, maybe we will get Magic Way and Sonata when Magic Rainbow comes out!
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2011-12-05 02:47, Josh Chaikin wrote:
He said it was completed? Juan-der-ful! I attended his workshop in Feb. of this year, and he didn't indicate that it was completed (he did indicate that it was near-completion). He did talk about the seven veils of magic, though.

Josh, that seven veils of magic is the most important lesson of magic. Thanks.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
ixnay66
View Profile
Inner circle
Denver
1525 Posts

Profile of ixnay66
This looks like an older thread but does Hermetic have the rights for these reprints? I know The Five Points in Magic was reprinted and is still readily available. Any news on The Magic Way and Sonata?
David D
View Profile
New user
14 Posts

Profile of David D
Quote:
On 2012-08-10 13:36, ixnay66 wrote:
This looks like an older thread but does Hermetic have the rights for these reprints? I know The Five Points in Magic was reprinted and is still readily available. Any news on The Magic Way and Sonata?

This is my question as well. Any recent information would be appreciated.
JordanB
View Profile
Special user
dallas, tx
626 Posts

Profile of JordanB
Earlier this year I heard from Hermetic that The Magic Way would likely come out next year followed by Sonata a year or two later.

I wish some one would reprint the Jose Carroll books as well.
Matt Bartz
View Profile
Loyal user
Gilbert, Arizona
252 Posts

Profile of Matt Bartz
Be nice to see reprints of those.

I'd also love to see the Jose Carroll books reprinted. I can find the Tamariz volumes easier than Carroll.
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Quote:
On 2012-08-10 22:34, JordanB wrote:
Earlier this year I heard from Hermetic that The Magic Way would likely come out next year followed by Sonata a year or two later.

I wish some one would reprint the Jose Carroll books as well.

Just spend some money to complete my collection of both volumes of 52 Lovers. It took me THREE years of searching for vol. 1

It is such a good book, with lots of cross reference between Ascanio Vol 1, as well as other Tamariz out-of-print publication such as the Magic Way.

Definitely, the Spanish School of Magic Rises in 21st century.
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

krazykat
View Profile
New user
New Jersey
87 Posts

Profile of krazykat
It would be nice if Minch reprinted all the remaining Tamariz books at one time, as a set maybe...
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1817 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Strange, but I purchased Sonata (hardcover) in 1990 or '91 at Magic Inc. in Chicago during Juan's lecture here and it is in ENGLISH. Regretfully, I forgot to have him sign it.
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter – "A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
The Magic Way 2nd edition is now available through Hermetic Press www.hermeticpress.com and your favorite magic dealer.

In total, Juan's books are now available in English as follows:

Books:
Five Points
The Magic Way (2nd edition)
Mnemonica
Verbal Magic

Video/DVD:
Greater Magic Series - DVD (1 DVD)
Lessons in Magic (A1) - DVD set (3 DVD) / instant downloads
Mnemonica Miracles (Dan and Dave) - DVD only (5 DVD)

Let the wait continues for the Magic Rainbow, Flamenco, and Sonata.

Juanderful~!!!

owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
I noticed that several shops say that this is now in stock, though there has been no update on the Hermetic Press website to that effect, which still simply states that it is "expected to ship around July 28, 2014". Can anybody confirm that this is actually now printed and at retailers?

Also, Steven your list of Juan's products omitted the two DVDs put out by International Magic in London (simply titled Juan Tamariz 1st lecture/ 2nd Lecture).

Owen
MKoeppel
View Profile
New user
Switzerland
76 Posts

Profile of MKoeppel
For what it is worth: According to USPS tracking, my copy has been shipped on July 18, and is now well underway.

Best, markus
owen.daniel
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1048 Posts

Profile of owen.daniel
Well I've bitten the bullet and ordered... hoping it really is already published, as I don't normally go in for presales...
On a different note, I saw that somebody recently put the 1st edition up on ebay... will be interesting to see what that goes for... somehow I imagine it isn't quite as valuable as it was 2 months ago...
M Petersen
View Profile
Regular user
117 Posts

Profile of M Petersen
They are shipping already, so you should be fine as long as you ordered from Hermetic or someone who keeps actual stock on hand.

Marshall
H & R Magic Books
www.magicbookshop.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Juan Tamariz Books (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL