The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Leon Mjolnir's Floating Card (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

kid iowa
View Profile
Loyal user
Oklahoma
300 Posts

Profile of kid iowa
The Floating Card, or floating anything in my opinion, is one of the strongest effects in magic. This download, which clocks in at a little under an hour long, is a great lesson on lateral thinking. Leon takes levitation and kicks it up to eye candy level, think Dan and Dave Buck with IT.
The video is an instant download, and one of the aspects I like about it is the feel of it. We’re not in a high tech studio, no MTV jump cuts, it's like you're sessioning at your friends house. I love videos like this. Down to earth, you and me, hey, I got something cool to show you so check it out! The props can be found in any craft or fabric store, or your local brick and mortar magic store if you want to get really invested in it.

Now for the nitty-gritty. If you've never worked with IT before this is a good video to start with. If you HAVE worked with IT, this video will give you a lot of excellent ideas to take your floating game into another direction. His Off The Top of the Deck Spin, Figure Eight Hoop Spin, and Double Floating Card spin are just visual eye candy. The Double Floating Card is just something I would never think could play, but it PLAYS. I love it. Leon shows you how to set up your IT, strip it, how to wear it, and how to carry it around with you. As with all IT work, lighting is an issue, so be aware of your surroundings. There is a little bit of a learning curve, the more experienced you are in floating objects the less the curve. As with any effect worth it's weight, it deserves a solid amount of rehearsing, but with this system the practice doesn't seem like work, it's more like play. Being such a fun routine, this does have a downside to it. Overplaying it. In my opinion I wouldn't recommend going on a full 10 minute floating card cavalcade. This is the type of an effect that needs to be treated like dessert, a little goes a long ways.

Highly recommended, can be found here: www.emagicsupply.com for $15
Any man who may be asked in this century what he did to make his life worthwhile...can respond with a good deal of pride and satisfaction, "I served in the United States Navy." J.F.K.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ebooks, PDF's or Downloads » » Leon Mjolnir's Floating Card (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL