The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anywhere Coins: Close up double prediction with borrowed items (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Hello!

Just yesterday I release a new eBook featuring one of my favorite close up routines right now called "Anywhere Coins", which is a double prediction with borrowed unprepared items.


Image



Your participant, from his pocket takes 2 coins which you use for a game of "which coin?".
After some rounds, you show the written prediction that exactly predicts specific type of coins that your participant decide to use AND also the result of the game!
Only one prediction, no secret writing, no gimmicks. Just fun psychological techniques and covert methods that makes this routine 100% foolproof.

I am offering 3 review copies for those interested in this routine but that can not afford the $10 price of the eBook.


Let me know thru PM that you are interested.

All the best!
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1323 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
Bit of an odd stipulation...if your skint and want to leave a review I will send you a copy to review.
REALWORKERS.CO.UK
TADAA.CO.UK - ASTONISHING MAGIC
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
I am offering 3 review copes Joel Smile

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
All review copies are sent! Thanks for the interest Smile
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
NeilS
View Profile
Inner circle
2569 Posts

Profile of NeilS
Looking forward to reading the reviews.
MichalMystic
View Profile
Veteran user
326 Posts

Profile of MichalMystic
Yeah would of course like a review copy but really look forward to the reviews!
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1508 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
My review will be up later tonight.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Pablo send me a review copy (thank you again Pablo).
Give me a few days, will be back with a review soon.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks guys! Hope that you can share your opinions after your read and most important, after the performance. Specially e first f0rcing technique taught in here needs to be tested in real world performance, becoming more and more polish with your own pace and personality as performer.


All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
insight
View Profile
Inner circle
3095 Posts

Profile of insight
This sounds amazing...but what is the game?

Regards,
Mike
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1148 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
Disclosure - I won a review copy.

Pre performance Thoughts:

This has the potential to be a clean, direct double prediction using nothing more than borrowed coins (and something to write your prediction on).
Think "street cents" without a gimmick. With an additional climax.

The most interesting aspect of this PDF (to me) is a casual, linguistic "force" that steers the spectator in the right direction. It is not 100%, but equivoque can be used in its place (as Pablo suggests). It IS motivated and logical in the context of a larger game you will be playing. While currency is different all around the world, I can see this working often and really setting up a clean finish. Time misdirection plays a subtle, important part here.

The "mechanics" of the routine DO involve some basic sleight of hand (noteworthy for mentalism) - coin workers and billet workers should feel comfortable.

Pros - simple, impromptu, double climax (kicker is very strong when pulled off). Pablo also puts effort into motivating lots of actions, from the actual game itself, to cleanup, etc - there is logical, sound thinking at every point of this routine.
Cons - hopefully someone has coins around. You could use your own but I think it might weaken the effect. Requires minimal sleight of hand (not hands off...you are 'working' the entire routine).

Will report back after performing.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2015, DynaMix wrote:
Disclosure - I won a review copy.

Pre performance Thoughts:

This has the potential to be a clean, direct double prediction using nothing more than borrowed coins (and something to write your prediction on).
Think "street cents" without a gimmick. With an additional climax.

The most interesting aspect of this PDF (to me) is a casual, linguistic "force" that steers the spectator in the right direction. It is not 100%, but equivoque can be used in its place (as Pablo suggests). It IS motivated and logical in the context of a larger game you will be playing. While currency is different all around the world, I can see this working often and really setting up a clean finish. Time misdirection plays a subtle, important part here.

The "mechanics" of the routine DO involve some basic sleight of hand (noteworthy for mentalism) - coin workers and billet workers should feel comfortable.

Pros - simple, impromptu, double climax (kicker is very strong when pulled off). Pablo also puts effort into motivating lots of actions, from the actual game itself, to cleanup, etc - there is logical, sound thinking at every point of this routine.
Cons - hopefully someone has coins around. You could use your own but I think it might weaken the effect. Requires minimal sleight of hand (not hands off...you are 'working' the entire routine).

Will report back after performing.


Thanks DynaMix ! Very accurate words. The sleight of hand isn't difficult in my opinion, intermediate techniques that as you say, any bill3t worker level.
I wait your feedback after performance, specially if you mix the "Anywhere Coin" piece with an added climax as I suggest in the "Extra Ideas" portion Smile


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Nathan Alexander
View Profile
Inner circle
1508 Posts

Profile of Nathan Alexander
I got a review copy. I was going to put this up yesterday until I saw that it would be a good idea to road-test it and not just give my thoughts (oops).

I was nervous about this for several reasons. One, the promise was too good in that it was right up my alley: psychology with (minimal) sleight-of-hand and good presentation required--therefore it had potential to be the usual let-down as it rarely lives up. Two, it seemed too 'simple' when I started reading it and that can sometimes mean another let-down in terms of 'wow' factor.

However, I love, love, love this. Long story short? It fits the bill.

What I liked: The premise is great, and the effect lends itself to actual presentation (something rare these days). This is almost always a good thing. For something like this you need to play it up, not over the top of course, but more than just as a "watch the card jump to the top" (magician snaps fingers), "isn't that cool?" You need to go "Tamariz" and provide context, setting and even emotion if you like (I do).

I know, it sounds like a lot for one potentially small (in the wrong hands) effect. But I suspect that's how he does it himself. He provides meaning and good presentation in the pdf. The usual, for sure, yet not unconsidered or without reason.

I also loved that it is impromptu for the most part. As long as a few things are present for you (they should be in most every situation) you're set to go.

What I didn't like:
I had to read it a few times to understand one of the concepts. I suspect that Pablo was too close to it in writing a few parts. He got the concept in his head, but didn't elaborate based on his own thorough understanding of it. Not a biggie, as I did get it (and I'm more of an idiot than most), but wanted to mention it (it's a review, right?) as a few comments and lines seemed a bit ambiguous.

I didn't like the idea of the physical technique involved--at first. I must have been stressed because it did not pass the wife test. To be fair, she guessed the how, but I believe coincidentally and not because I did anything overtly wrong. She just knows me and can figure me out most times. While I haven't done this for laymen yet, I suspect I'll be just fine.

I've also since figured out he probably assumes we're smart enough to add a few subtleties that are obvious to any thinking magician once you actually try it (probably why he wanted us to do so first before reviewing--plus it helps to watch the video example before thinking you get it).

But that's about it. It doesn't break many molds--you won't find new, earth-shattering methods here. But that's just fine, I love this. In the end, it's exactly the kind of magic/mind-reading I like. It's not complete, prop-less mentalism which I like (not my style), yet it requires work and showmanship to really milk the concept.

There aren't many tricks I like that are impromptu, solid-routine mini-miracles that I keep in rotation when someone wants to be impressed ("Can you show me something?"). I will absolutely keep this one on reserve and start cycling it in. Nice work.
Marc O
View Profile
Special user
The Netherlands
755 Posts

Profile of Marc O
Pablo offered 3 review copies for those interested in this routine but that cannot afford the 10 dollar price of the E-Book.
Well I can afford the 10 dollars but still shot Pablo a PM because I very much like mentalism routines with coins, especially when it is impromptu and with borrowed coins!

What does the advertisement say:

"Anywhere Coins is an entertaining Mentalism routine using some coins and a mysterious prediction.

Your participant, from his pocket takes 2 coins which you use for a game of "which coin?". After some rounds, you show the written prediction that exactly announces the specific type of coins AND also the result of the game!

- No ambiguity/equivocal procedure
- No switch, only one prediction that you can give away!
- 100% foolproof

This E-Book teaches you the psychology of "Anywhere Mentalism" (no previous preparation, borrowed items, always ready) and also a nice technique called the "Duh Force" which will allow you to create this effect and others!
Psychology, secret covert techniques and a lot of fun moments without worries of carrying your own props with Anywhere Coins".

My review:

I have some coin-, gimmicked and non-gimmicked, mentalism in my arsenal and I always find it interesting to find new routines or different approaches on existing routines which involve coins.

The nice thing about Pablo's routine is that it involves 2 predictions which, if you desire, you can take a part and use either one of them as a stand-alone piece.

Also you can use your own currency, which is always nice (why do a mentalism coin-routine with dollars when you live
in a EURO country).

In the 16 page PDF Pablo will take you through the working of the Duh Force.
When you read this you will likely not believe that this will be working 100% of the time.
This is a force that you have to go out and do it right away from the start to get comfortable with.
I myself do not feel comfortable with this force right now so it will take some time to feel comfortable
with it.
If you are like me there are however ways to get around this and use other ways to achieve the same outcome.
It would have been nice if Pablo would got a little more in to depth with the Duh Force or alternative forces.

For me the power in this routine lies in the fact that you don't use any gimmicks and still get different outcomes for the second half of the routine every time!
Note: for the most of us, don't expect that you can go out and perform this effect immediately.
There is something that you should practice before you start to perform in front of laymen.

The advertisement also says that you perform this routine in front of one participant but you could easily use more than one participant.
At this moment I use a similar routine which I perform in front of 2 participants.
This way you can make this more in to a game between 2 participants and their intuitive decisions and after the outcome of their game kick in with your own intuitive decision/prediction.

In the PDF Pablo also includes a possible dialogue between you and the participant and some extra ideas as well as a video clip in Spanish where you can see the second part of the routine in working.
(Although my Spanish doesn't reach any further then ordering some cervezas, this isn't any problem and the video clip speak for itself).

In the end I must say that I would not change my own current routine for the "Anywhere Coins" but, Pablo did give me some good food for thought and a very nice handling to achieve the same result without any gimmicks and completely impromptu!

Al pro's and con's together I rate this effect, on a scale from 1/10,with a number 7.

Since my stay here at the Magic Café I have come to know Pablo as a very generous person.
Someone with love for the game and the hart at the right place!
Pablo thank you for sharing this routine with me and I am looking forward to your upcoming work!

Marco.
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Thanks Nathan and Marco for your words!

If you feel that you need more guidance in some of the sections of the material, just contact me privately and I will help the best I can.

I hope that you can enjoy this routine in real life situation and enjoy the process of using the "Duh F0rce". The psychology behind that principle is the most exciting part (at least for me) and capable to do great mysteries without too much effort of expensive gimmicks.


Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
I also got a review copy . I enjoyed the pdf and like the prediction .

Everything is explained well , also included in the pdf is a link to youtube , which shows Pablo perform the moves in the routine , which makes everything even easier to learn and understand .

Some additional ideas to the routine is also included , which is great .

Overall I was happy with the product and think it's a nice prediction routine which can be performed anytime anywhere , and as it's presented like a game I think that makes the prediction strong ! Which I knew the routine in the past for the times I didn't have anything on me as this would have been perfect for tha situation !!

Thanks Pablo for th review copy !
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, Cardmagicdavid wrote:
I also got a review copy . I enjoyed the pdf and like the prediction .

Everything is explained well , also included in the pdf is a link to youtube , which shows Pablo perform the moves in the routine , which makes everything even easier to learn and understand .

Some additional ideas to the routine is also included , which is great .

Overall I was happy with the product and think it's a nice prediction routine which can be performed anytime anywhere , and as it's presented like a game I think that makes the prediction strong ! Which I knew the routine in the past for the times I didn't have anything on me as this would have been perfect for tha situation !!

Thanks Pablo for th review copy !



"Which I knew the routine in the past for the times I didn't have anything on me as this would have been perfect for tha situation !!"

What a compliment David Smile , hope that you can create awesome moments with "Anywhere Coins" now

All the best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Cardmagicdavid
View Profile
Regular user
174 Posts

Profile of Cardmagicdavid
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, Amirá wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, Cardmagicdavid wrote:
I also got a review copy . I enjoyed the pdf and like the prediction .

Everything is explained well , also included in the pdf is a link to youtube , which shows Pablo perform the moves in the routine , which makes everything even easier to learn and understand .

Some additional ideas to the routine is also included , which is great .

Overall I was happy with the product and think it's a nice prediction routine which can be performed anytime anywhere , and as it's presented like a game I think that makes the prediction strong ! Which I knew the routine in the past for the times I didn't have anything on me as this would have been perfect for tha situation !!

Thanks Pablo for th review copy !



"Which I knew the routine in the past for the times I didn't have anything on me as this would have been perfect for tha situation !!"

What a compliment David Smile , hope that you can create awesome moments with "Anywhere Coins" now

All the best


Sorry should have been Wish I knew ! Thanks Smile
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, Cardmagicdavid wrote:
Sorry should have been Wish I knew ! Thanks Smile



don't worry, my dalinian english understood that phrase without a problem Smile

Let us know your after-performance experience with Anywhere Coins!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
Amirá
View Profile
Inner circle
MentalismCenter.com
5134 Posts

Profile of Amirá
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, Cardmagicdavid wrote:
Sorry should have been Wish I knew ! Thanks Smile



Don't worry, my dalinian english understood that phrase without a problem Smile

Let us know your after-performance experience with Anywhere Coins!

Best
Pablo
Performer and Author

Mentalism Center: The best online space to get quality Mentalism
www.mentalismcenter.com

Arkanosophy: The Boutique for Mystery Performers
www.arkanosophy.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Anywhere Coins: Close up double prediction with borrowed items (6 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL