The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MIND TO MATTER (6 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
If you already have the deck then you'll know how to perform this effect. Get what I'm saying Hornet??
TuneHV
View Profile
Inner circle
New York
2067 Posts

Profile of TuneHV
While that's mostly true, its always worth hearing Rick's subtleties as it makes the effect stronger
David Jonathan
- - - - - - - - -
www.davidjonathanmagic.com
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
A challenge to Rick.

Produce a downloadable video, available for purchase, that covers the presentation and subtleties of the trick without revealing the method. That should get around Acar's concern, wouldn't it?
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2015, pegasus wrote:
If you already have the deck then you'll know how to perform this effect. Get what I'm saying Hornet??

Somewhat true. Though I definitely did add three subtleties that are not part of the trailer. You can get the general idea if you own the trick (or have read Derren Brown's Smoke), but, yeah, there are a couple unique things going on with Mind To Matter. Something physical that's new, and also a verbal thing that's new (and then the combination of the two). Sorry, that's super-vague, I know :/
Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
It's funny because I have been doing something similar but using iForce to reveal. I say I'm going to write something about their personality on my scribble pad. Do the Mind power deck, then when it's gone, show it on my phone.
I'm too lazy to have the card in my pocket.
James
Still with the Chinese circus Smile
ricklaxmagic
View Profile
Special user
West Bloomfield, Michigan
690 Posts

Profile of ricklaxmagic
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Xiqual wrote:
It's funny because I have been doing something similar but using iForce to reveal. I say I'm going to write something about their personality on my scribble pad. Do the Mind power deck, then when it's gone, show it on my phone.
James

Dude, dude, that's good. Hm...debating if I'm going to steal that from ya Smile Will try it out for sure.
tophatter
View Profile
Inner circle
connecticut
3341 Posts

Profile of tophatter
You could always just hindu shuffle a DB !@#$e then spread the deck its gone! The card is in the pocket. No Need for the spectator to even name the card .
TheDirectionalist
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I will have this many posts when you read this:
931 Posts

Profile of TheDirectionalist
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, ricklaxmagic wrote:
Quote:
James

Dude, dude, that's good. Hm...debating if I'm going to steal that from ya Smile Will try it out for sure.

I've done it that way but it doesn't get as good of a reaction. They always wonder where the card went or expect me to pull it out of somewhere.

You could always not show the card vanishing but, yeah.
Creator of the UBT: Underground Bottom Tear

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Thanks Rick but your way is much better. I'm sure lots of other people have thought of iForce. Just funny to me that you took it to it's limit while I was just slacking, lol
James

Quote:
Quote:
James

Xiqual
View Profile
Inner circle
Upper left quadrant
4935 Posts

Profile of Xiqual
Well, I show them the card is gone and then I say "remember when I said I wrtoe something about your personality? Actually, I lied.." Then I show them the card on the phone. I get pretty good reactions, never had anyone ask where the card is. I would just say they vaporised it with their incredible mind powers and then say "How do I know, magic is fake."
James

Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, TheDirectionalist wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
James

I've done it that way but it doesn't get as good of a reaction. They always wonder where the card went or expect me to pull it out of somewhere.

You could always not show the card vanishing but, yeah.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MIND TO MATTER (6 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL