The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hope he enjoys prison food... (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
Jared going to jail...

"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved back to Midwest to see
1338 Posts

Profile of imgic
Lots of starches. He might put the weight back on

Then again he might be doing a lot of running...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
7130 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Disgusting individual. I'll be glad when he drops off the radar.

Doug
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I guess Subway should drop the "Eat Fresh" campaign.

(I believe I may just have offended myself. Smile)

But good riddance to this predator.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
My favorite meme was a picture of FBI agents and the caption read, "They went to Jared's."
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
For anyone who knows about this stuff ...

If he gets five years, what sort of facility will he serve the time in?

Will it be 'easy' time or 'hard' time?

https://www.yahoo.com/tv/s/jared-fogle-m......430.html

"Court documents released Wednesday show that Fogle agreed to a sentence of no less than five years, while prosecutors agreed not to seek a sentence of more than 12 and a half years, although they could have asked for much more time."
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Gbhunter77
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of Gbhunter77
I just read he gets no time but has to pay 14million. It was an AP news feed from 3 days ago? Maybe 2?
My youtube channel check it out its magic.
im not great but getting better.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCMvQIycva0rFOIdArln7lEg
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Gbhunter77 wrote:

I just read he gets no time but has to pay 14million. It was an AP news feed from 3 days ago? Maybe 2?

Whatever you read, based on more recent news, appears to have been mistaken. Yes, he is paying money to his victims (for counseling etc.). But he is also apparently going to be sentenced to do time, and has agreed to at least 5 years. The judge has yet to issue the sentence.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2......h-minors

"According to the details of the plea deal, prosecutors will ask for a sentence of no more than about 12 years. Lawyers for Fogle have agreed to ask for no less than five years. The judge who handles the case does not have to abide by that agreement and statutorily, the judge can sentence Fogle to up to 50 years in prison."
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
5 years jail time plus $100,00 each for some of the known victims seems like a slap on the wrist, especially considering he's worth 15 million, and in light of the terrible things he's done.
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Gbhunter77
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of Gbhunter77
I wonder if he did this type of thing before he bacame famous for the commercials and weight loss?
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
He may not have Subway in prison, but he'll still be getting plenty of foot-longs...
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
7016 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I have a feeling he will have an I timate knowledge of the menu items.
Gbhunter77
View Profile
Veteran user
379 Posts

Profile of Gbhunter77
Uhm ew.
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Jared may be a disgusting person, but the "foot-long" and related jokes are problematic. Prison rape is a very real problem, and the fact that our culture accepts it as a given is really disturbing, when you think about it. Etc. Etc. Eighth Amendment and all.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
arthur stead
View Profile
Inner circle
When I played soccer, I hit
1777 Posts

Profile of arthur stead
I've always believed that if you make prison an unpleasant experience, people will be less likely to commit crimes which place them there. For example, if criminals know their punishment will not include any privileges like a gym, TV, computers, etc., but rather that their time will be spent doing hard labor on a chain gang, they might reconsider the possibility of ending up in jail.

With that in mind, since it's generally accepted that prison rape is an everyday reality, it makes you wonder whether potential criminals accept that sort of thing as part of their punishment ... or even look forward to it?

Regarding Jared: IMHO people like that should be castrated first, then drawn and quartered. Why waste hard-earned taxpayers money keeping such low-lifes alive?
Arthur Stead
royalty-free music and interactive routines
www.arthurstead.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, EsnRedshirt wrote:
...the fact that our culture accepts it as a given is really disturbing

While I did find the joke to be a funny play on words, there is no doubt that what you say is very true.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
EsnRedshirt
View Profile
Special user
Newark, CA
895 Posts

Profile of EsnRedshirt
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, arthur stead wrote:
I've always believed that if you make prison an unpleasant experience, people will be less likely to commit crimes which place them there. For example, if criminals know their punishment will not include any privileges like a gym, TV, computers, etc., but rather that their time will be spent doing hard labor on a chain gang, they might reconsider the possibility of ending up in jail.

With that in mind, since it's generally accepted that prison rape is an everyday reality, it makes you wonder whether potential criminals accept that sort of thing as part of their punishment ... or even look forward to it?

Regarding Jared: IMHO people like that should be castrated first, then drawn and quartered. Why waste hard-earned taxpayers money keeping such low-lifes alive?

Except that quite a few studies indicate using prison as a deterrent doesn't work too well: http://nij.gov/five-things/pages/deterrence.aspx
If 'prison as deterrent' is taken to the extreme, the State (and us, by extention) end up committing grevious human rights violations on people (even if they are criminals.) As I said, the current state of affairs can be considered a violation of the Eighth Amendment.
Self-proclaimed Jack-of-all-trades and google expert*.

* = Take any advice from this person with a grain of salt.
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, EsnRedshirt wrote:
Jared may be a disgusting person, but the "foot-long" and related jokes are problematic.

I totally disagree. As any entertainer can tell you, humor is a natural and healthy response to serious issues and can serve to draw needed attention to them.

Besides, he's getting off too easy- he doesn't even have to pay for the foot-longs he'll get in the joint- they're free!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Hope he enjoys prison food... (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL