The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Iris by Lloyd Barnes (23 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I'm gonna take the plunge later and see what it's like, hopefully not as bad as change but we'll see.....

Kieran
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
Changing the world with my
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Aug 19, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Just watched the trailer. What's the point of that effect? It's insane.. It's bad.. Perhaps if you have another video for me to see? So I can change my mind. Please..

P.S. This is the link http://www.ellusionist.com/iris-by-lloyd-barnes.html

I think you are just looking at this effect all wrong...tilt your screen by 20° and it will change to a much better effect. Smile
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Hahaha. Nice one Ray. Smile
Gorecki
View Profile
Loyal user
My servante is currently filled with
268 Posts

Profile of Gorecki
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, magicman29 wrote:
I'm gonna take the plunge later and see what it's like, hopefully not as bad as change but we'll see.....

Kieran

You're a brave man, Kieran. I'll be curious to hear what you have to say.
ULockJustice
View Profile
Loyal user
Columbus, OH
201 Posts

Profile of ULockJustice
Clearly the Change debacle had an effect on them, since the ad copy clearly states it is not the same gimmick. I hope that phrase is in all of their future releases.

Really looking forward to hands on reviews of this. Maybe this could turn into something you could combine into a longer bill and card routine with multiple phases. I'm going to be hugely optimistic, but also wait for other people to spend their hard earned bucks on it before I inevitably become intoxicated and buy it late at night.
This is the profile of Comedian + Magician Erik Tait. A self-promoting sleight of hand artist who thinks he is the cat's meow.

PM for beard tips.
JoelDickinson
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1582 Posts

Profile of JoelDickinson
I don't see the issue here. It isn't the same gimmick. This is what it is - I just don't know how an audience would react to this ?
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
To be fair, although it's spoilt by Lloyd having his paws cover the card in the most obvious way near the beginning and the somewhat ham-fisted switch, visually it looks okay.

Of course that's on camera and is no guarantee of what it looks like for real.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
If somehow he can move the bill while the bill passing through the card-- even a couple millimeters is enough. Or, holding the bill and the card with one hand and flap the bill to show that the bill passing through the card. Then I'm sold. IMO, that'd be the biggest flaw of the effect. It's not very impressive to me. Just like a rough idea put into a product.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
I went to purchase this but the international postage is $7.95 with a 6-8 week wait, f###k that!! With the gimmick being "light" and if it is "flat" like I think it is then why can't they do a flat pack free postage like penguin....

Kieran
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Just a pointless post to give myself 1001 posts Smile

Kieran
Legendary Wizard
View Profile
Inner circle
The Wizard , The Legend 162,885,947,3659,
1695 Posts

Profile of Legendary Wizard
Penguin can ship flat packs for free , I wonder why they can't ...
" Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one " ...

- Albert Einstein
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Aug 21, 2015, magicman29 wrote:
I went to purchase this but the international postage is $7.95 with a 6-8 week wait, f###k that!! With the gimmick being "light" and if it is "flat" like I think it is then why can't they do a flat pack free postage like penguin....

Kieran

I guess we lost the only person who gonna try to get this trick.
neoinwonderland
View Profile
Regular user
112 Posts

Profile of neoinwonderland
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, scott0819 wrote:
Wow, pretty harsh criticism. I understand coming right off of Change that people will be super critical because a lot of people feel they got burned; but some comments are just mean.

Maybe if E would have bucked up and admitted their mistakes and not criticized others so arrogantly these comments would not have been so mean.

I Have to give Lloyd Barnes credit though for standing behind his own product and really uploading some real life performance videos after all the criticism.

I was not happy with my change gimmick and I think it is way too impractical for most environments but I respect him for backing up all his claims about the product by uploading a real life performance video.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Although I didn't jump on the bash Change bandwagon, I'd love to see the additional live performance videos. Where are they posted, if you don't mind me asking?
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, gdw wrote:
Although I didn't jump on the bash Change bandwagon, I'd love to see the additional live performance videos. Where are they posted, if you don't mind me asking?

Here it is! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CuImhGEAsnk

Shall we back on the Iris trick now, please Smile Anybody else care to take it and review it? I still stand on my opinion that this trick lacks on depth. It's just still too rough. Maybe a new video live footage or new angle of trailer could change my mind on this trick?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Thanks!
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
GeraintClarke
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of GeraintClarke
Ceierry
View Profile
Inner circle
Europe
1582 Posts

Profile of Ceierry
Why do you not combine Iris with Melt 2.0 ? Smile
Author of 10S Star Sign Divination - olivier.ceierry@gmail.com for a digital copy.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Thank you for the live video performance. This one is much more better than the trailer video. Especially the pull down motion. A few millisecond slower than what I saw in the trailer, making it more convincing. I think for a bar performance where's the lighting is a bit dim this is quite flashy and quick opener effect where after you finish you've got borrowed money on your hand and you can continue to your next performance. Nice one!
Ray Chelt
View Profile
Special user
988 Posts

Profile of Ray Chelt
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, GeraintClarke wrote:
Live performance : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BOlm44y0w7U

Well, seeing what I assume are the Ellusionist team whooping and hollering and jumping up and down like incontinent apes sure does explain a lot !!! Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Iris by Lloyd Barnes (23 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL