We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INJECT a thought into their mind with NO PROPS!! (117 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24~25~26 [Next]
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
After two years of development, we are very proud to introduce Inject.

In 2013 we released an amazing utility device called Supa Thump that immediately became an underground sensation ... some of the top names in magic were FRYING people with it.

Supa Thump's ability to secretly change a spectator's phone (called the web thumper or Google thumper) soon got the attention of a famous magician that purchased the TV and Internet performance rights until the end of 2015.
The technology does not use WiFi, Bluetooth, or any special props. In fact the magician has absolutely nothing when they perform (they can be naked)!
The problem is an accomplice is doing all the work on their phone.

In these two years we've figured out a way to perform the web thumper WITHOUT AN ACCOMPLICE!!

At the same time we've made everything a LOT easier to use ... and we've created several new technologies that are light years ahead of Supa Thump.

This is Inject:

One of the biggest innovations in Inject is called the One-Ahead Thumper:

I have many videos of myself and other famous magicians performing this effect, but I can't show them to you until the end of 2015.

Here's the EFFECT ... WITHOUT AN ACCOMPLICE:

“I just came up with a GREAT name for my band!”
“Most of the legends in music have had two-word band names … Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, etc”
“The way they made these names is by asking two people to name two words.”

“I’m so excited about this name I want to make sure someone else isn’t using it. Do you mind if I use your phone to do a quick google search?”

You borrow ANY smartphone and do a Google search in ANY browser.
“Hmmm, that’s interesting …” leave their phone face down.

“I’ll give you a hint, the first word is an adjective … Whisper any adjective.”
Your spectator whispers “Frozen!”
“WOW, that’s amazing …”

You now go to another spectator … “May I please use your phone to look up an image.”
You borrow another spectator’s phone.

You do an image search of a planet, and leave their phone face down.
“I will now inject the image that I saw into your mind! Whisper any planet in our solar system.”
She says “Venus”.

“That’s CORRECT!! … you could have named any planet, and she could have named any adjective … please look at your phones.”

When the 2nd spectator looks at her phone, she sees an image search for “Venus” …
When the 1st spectator looks at her phone, she sees a web search for “Frozen Venus”!!!

* Your spectator is in the REAL google search (there are NO fake websites … EVER).
* You never ask your spectator to go to an unknown website.
* The effect is done on the spectator’s phone. ALWAYS!
* Your phone is NEVER seen.
* You can do ALL of the effects without an accomplice (you still have the option to use an accomplice)
* NO trace of foul play is left on the spectator’s phone … everything can be examined!
* As long as they have internet access, you’ll perform STUNNING effects!

Here's another one of the effects you can do with Inject:
https://youtu.be/3AzAS7_DbNE

The photo of Houdini from the video:
http://333pics.com/card.jpg

The effect on this video is performed with the help of an accomplice.
You don't need an accomplice to perform this effect. If she was to name any card, my left hand in my pocket, in a matter of seconds would do the "work".

Here's a list of effects you can perform with Inject ... none of them use an accomplice and your phone is NEVER SEEN:

Have a spectator select a city and it's the city in their Maps application (both iOS and Android).
A spectator selects a famous game and it's the game the magician had predicted on their phone's App Store (The REAL app store).
The spectator imagines a video of their thought of card magically coming out of the deck and they SEE that video on THEIR phone (in The REAL YouTube).
https://youtu.be/cBYFqNtLgQM
The spectator selects a song and it suddenly starts playing from their phone!!

All of these effects can be customized to use your images, your videos, your music/sound and your text.

Inject will be available for sale for both iOS and Android.
The Android version is a few days away.
The iOS version will take about two weeks for Apple approval.

The introductory price is $49.99

We are SUPER excited about Inject and can't wait to see all the clever things that you'll do with it.

thank you,
Greg Rostami

Click here to view attached image.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10044 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You are a legend Greg. Count me in. Cannot wait. Smile
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here's a video of the otoFelet effect (that's teleFoto backwards) that you can do with Inject:

https://youtu.be/LGIHZ1-bJj8

G Ro
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4115 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
I have an idea.

Why don't you and the other 11 guys that want Pebble support pay me $1000 each and you'll get Pebble support with access to see exactly how many people are using Pebble support. ...

We are thirteen, you didn't count me Smile
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
Ypnoze
View Profile
Veteran user
393 Posts

Profile of Ypnoze
I only own iforce that I think is really great, my only critique is about the dummy app that wasn't free and that it's supposed to make the app fully examinable even though the secret on the original app is well hidden

This app hasn't been updated to match the original app, if it was free it wouldn't matter but it wasn't and that wasn't really cool, it wasn't expensive but it's matter of principles

Besides that I think the inject idea interesting, I'd like to see the version with no accomplice on a demo to see the justifications and how it looks

PS : Salah, enjoy your vacations, contact me as soon as you come back, I have some good news Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
What was happened here? And what with that $1000 thing? I hope you're not being serious Greg. The otoFelet feels weird at the end. IMO, you need to perform some other routines first before you end with it. The method is nice though. Overall this is quite nice IF the app is easy to configure and easy to do. Because there're so many things you can do and happen in one time when you perform with it.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10747 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I just want to know if I can also set this up aka supa with audio tracks to have their receiver play a tune
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Special user
998 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, JanForster wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 20, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
I have an idea.

Why don't you and the other 11 guys that want Pebble support pay me $1000 each and you'll get Pebble support with access to see exactly how many people are using Pebble support. ...

We are thirteen, you didn't count me Smile

You can add add me to the List plus nearly all the Psyborg users have pebble as well
JackMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
1921 Posts

Profile of JackMagic
I would also be buy if it had Pebble support

Anyone Else !
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Here's some exciting news about Inject.

We're putting the finishing touches on the micro keyboard thumper.

As you can see from the attached image, this small bluetooth keyboard will interface with Inject.
Please remember your spectator does not need bluetooth ... this interface is ONLY between the micro keyboard and YOUR (magician's) device.

You will hide this keyboard under your armpit with either a rubber band or a magnet.

When it's time to do the "work" you'll simply cross your arms, or put one arm under your armpit and access the silent buttons to enter your thump.

The keyboard has 5 buttons.

By pressing one button you've got 5 outs.
By pressing two buttons (one after another) you've got 30 outs (5x5+5)!!

There's no limit to how many times you can press the buttons. The sequence of button presses is completely customizable.

Here's a fun routine with the micro keyboard:

"A recent study has demonstrated that subconsciously, you associate letters in the alphabet with colors ..."
"May I please borrow your phone ... I want to show you an image of the word LOVE!?"

You pretend to look for the website that has this image on it.

"I found it" ... you leave their phone face down.

Bring out four color markers from your pocket ... red, green, blue, yellow.

"Please write the word love on the back of my card ... for each letter use a different color."

Let's say they choose red, blue, yellow, green.

When they're done, you cross your arms, do the work by pressing those four little buttons.

"It's amazing how intuitively you selected the correct colors ... look at your phone."

When they turn over their phone, they see an image of the word love with THEIR COLORS!!

all the best,
G Ro

Click here to view attached image.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
This sounds nice Greg. I just might have to give it a punt.
DynaMix
View Profile
Inner circle
1149 Posts

Profile of DynaMix
In this scenario I'll just say a great input device already does exist on our wrists Smile but I understand how this remote can open up a lot of possibilities.

Very intriguing.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Interesting. I happen to have this for quite long now. If you can make it so we can predict any spec's single word, it would be something cool. I could learn to type with my eyes closed. Or just use the keyboard's buttons and you can customize each button as the trigger of a word.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi daniltan,

Yes, you can use your mini keyboard to covertly type your spec's word AND you can also use the buttons to trigger a word on a list.

Ok, I'm gonna brag now ... in Inject ... we thought of EVERYTHING!! Smile

Greg
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Dr Spektor,

Sorry about not replying to you sooner.

Yes, with Inject you can your spectator's device play a tune. One of my favorite routines is when I use it to reveal one of Michael Jackson's famous songs.

It gets great reactions because the reveal is not visual but music playing from THEIR phone.

Greg
Fire Starter
View Profile
Inner circle
4628 Posts

Profile of Fire Starter
Sound's great,but how complecated is it to set up?,as I find most of these type of app's are and can I ask what I0S will it be running on?.
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Hi Fire Starter,

Inject will run on both iOS and Android.
You can perform the effect on ANY device with ANY browser (smartphone, tablet, computer, etc).

All of the effect that I've been describing on this thread are the default effects that come with the app.
You would have to do nothing to set them up.

If you want to set-up your own effects, the text effects (text that reveals a google search, map search, image search, app search, YouTube, etc) are SUPER easy to set up in Inject.
When it comes to creating your own custom graphics or videos, those are considerably more difficult mainly because you have to create those images yourself (or hire someone else to do it for you).

As you've already seen from the few examples above, the default effect are REALLY nice. I think all of our users are going to be very happy with what comes with the app.

cheers,
Greg
ash2arani
View Profile
Special user
921 Posts

Profile of ash2arani
The mini keyboard is great. I cannot wait to get one and start using it. I can already think of many routines and ideas.

It seems we will need some kind of forum for sharing ideas and routines.

Come on Android version of Inject: Make your way to the play store. Smile
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Aug 22, 2015, Greg Rostami wrote:
Hi daniltan,

Yes, you can use your mini keyboard to covertly type your spec's word AND you can also use the buttons to trigger a word on a list.

Ok, I'm gonna brag now ... in Inject ... we thought of EVERYTHING!! Smile

Greg

That's so cool, Greg!
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
2823 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
Many of you have asked me to clarify the one-ahead thumper.

The best way for me to explain it is to show you step by step what happens: (This routine DOES NOT NEED AN ACCOMPLICE).

Prior to walking up to your spectators, you launch Inject on your phone, select the Planets preset and put your phone in your pocket (while the phone is ON).

“I just came up with a GREAT name for my band!”
“Most of the legends in music have had two-word band names … Pink Floyd, Led Zeppelin, El vis” Smile
“The way they made these names is by asking two people to name two words.”

“I’m so excited about this name I want to make sure someone else isn’t using it. Do you mind if I use your phone to do a quick google search?”

You borrow ANY smartphone from spec 1 and do a Google search in ANY browser. You do not show them what you're searching for.
“Hmmm, that’s interesting …”
Leave their phone face down ... the spectators don't know what you just searched on their phone.

“I’ll give you a hint, the first word is an adjective … Please whisper any adjective.” ... the reason for the whisper is so that they don't accuse you of using voice recognition.
Your spectator whispers “Frozen!” ... they can say ANY adjective!
“WOW, that’s amazing …”

You now ask spec 2 … “May I please use your phone to look up an image of a planet.”

You pretend to do an image search of a planet, and leave their phone face down. You do not show them what you just did.
“I will now inject the image that I saw into your mind! Whisper any planet in our solar system.”
She says “Venus” ... Your hand in your pocket does the "work" to reveal the planet.

“That’s CORRECT!! … she could have named any planet (you gesture to spec 2), and she could have named any adjective (you gesture to spec 1)".

You ask spec 2 to pick up her phone. She sees an image search for “Venus"!
You ask spec 1 to pick up her phone. She sees that you had done a google search for “Frozen Venus”!!!

I wish I could show you a video of the above, but since the TV/Internet rights are not mine in 2015, I can't show you a video.

Notice how the use of a google search is motivated ... you want to know if someone else isn't using the name you just created.

I'm sure you have figured out by now, what I type into spec 2's phone (remember it's called the one-ahead thumper) Smile

So, spec 1 could have said ANYTHING, but spec 2 only had 9 choices.

I hope that makes sense,
Greg Rostami
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » INJECT a thought into their mind with NO PROPS!! (117 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..8..12..16..20..24~25~26 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL