The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube3 by Steven Brundage presale (101 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Hi Tony
Providing there are no delays, you should have a good chance of getting it before the bank holiday. However that totally depends on the postal system, so it's out of any shops control. We only put 'expected' on shipping dates on the product page, because nobody can be 100% when an express courier and Royal Mail for the last leg are taking part.. Smile
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Do you have a next working day delivery option? That way I'd get it by Friday, yes?
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
MoM does have a next working day delivery option for the UK, so that would give you a good chance of getting it before the bank holiday, but it's not guaranteed for a pre-sale item for the reasons I mentioned in my previous post. On launch day, we will be in the hands of when the delivery van turns up at the shop and Royal Mail arrives to pick up the parcel sacks. How soon the warehouse can pack your order also depends on how quickly you place an order, they will dispatch in the order of receipt.

You can order it here http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146658

Or if you subscribe to the MoM newsletter, check the email that you were sent for a special bonus

Launch days can be crazy. The last big one was no exception. Ben had the team pre-prepare all the mailing envelopes and have them stacked up. The delivery van arrived at 3pm that day! As soon as the couriers carried the boxes in, the team were ripping them open and loading the products into the envelopes.. Packing peanuts and envelope tape was flying everywhere! We had a 1.5 hour window to fill as many orders as possible. The team got hundreds out, but I had to bribe them with Pizza!

Hope this helps and provides as clear and transparent an answer as possible for you. Depending on when you order, you have a good chance of getting it for this weekend but it's not 100%
Dominic
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
The supplier does not even have these yet, there is no way a UK shop will get these from the US into stock in the UK on Thursday to ship out unless they have stock in place early somehow.

You could bend the truth and say they are shipping Thursday but that is to shops in the UK not to our customers, our deliveries will arrive Tuesday if all goes well because of the holiday.

I could easily say we ship on Thursday the US release date and then say there has been a delay with the post but I don't do that.

There is the chance these may arrive early with the supplier or they may be late, so I would not put money on when they will 100% be with us in the UK.

I'm still sticking by the 2nd as an honest estimate it may be sooner if we are lucky.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Robmonster
View Profile
Elite user
455 Posts

Profile of Robmonster
Its odd that two trustworthy shops have different takes on the delivery dates.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks Dominic (and also Mark). I'll be putting my order through Merchant of Magic for now given they will post out to customers on Thursday. I understand that dealers clamour for pre-order sales with all sorts of promises but I do have faith in what Dominic says.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Don't see what the hurry is, personally. Why pay a fortune for next day delivery when's there's no guarantee?
MonsterMagic
View Profile
Special user
517 Posts

Profile of MonsterMagic
I'm going to order from Saturn Magic.

Something about Mark posts seems more open. Whereas Dominic, I think I'll stand a good chance of being disappointed if it didn't arrive before the Bank Holiday given your responses.

I also don't really need it prior to the Bank Holiday so I don't need to take the chance.
SmaltrabTheAverage
View Profile
New user
Waiting for a positive comment from Pegasus for
60 Posts

Profile of SmaltrabTheAverage
I can confirm, having ordered recently from Merchant of Magic that their service is second to none. No slur on any other magic supplier at all, other than I've had a good & honest experience from them recently.

As for Cube 3, I exchanged a few posts with SJBrundage on here just after his video went viral and he was talking about releasing this, and seems like a really nice guy. The trailer looks incredible, and I definitely have a spot for this in my routine. I don't believe he's gone out on a "Lim" to get people to buy it, he's just shown what it does, so I'd be quite confident in pre-ordering this.

He obviously has a passion for this effect, and that's what I think is nice, that it's not something he's just made up to sell.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
MoM and Saturn are both very reliable, you'll have no issue with either.
puggo
View Profile
Inner circle
2022 Posts

Profile of puggo
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, pegasus wrote:
MoM and Saturn are both very reliable, you'll have no issue with either.

Well said. We are lucky to have several very good B&M shops in the UK, MoM, Saturn, Alakazam..
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Quote:
Don't see what the hurry is, personally. Why pay a fortune for next day delivery when's there's no guarantee?

Special Delivery in the UK does guarantee next day delivery. That's worth paying for.
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Quote:

Special Delivery in the UK does guarantee next day delivery. That's worth paying for.

It's important to manage your expectations here Tony. Cube 3 is currently a Pre-order Item. Even picking the next working day delivery option for a pre-order item will not guarentee you will get it the day after you order it. That's the speed of the delivery to you ONCE it's been dispatched. It depends on when your order is received, and when the delivery of the item arrives for dispatch.

Regardless of the delivery option you choose, you should have a good chance of getting your copy of Cube 3 before the weekend BUT:

You shouldn't count on it or expect it.

There aren't ANY UK dealers that are guarenteeing that.

Persoanlly, I'd assume that it's going to arrive after the weekend, and then I may be pleasently surprised. That's a much happier way to spend the next few days.. Smile

Cube3 is available for order here: http://www.magicshop.co.uk/product_info.......d=146658

Hope this helps
Dominic
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks Dominic, appreciate that. I'll take the risk and put my order in with MOM. Fingers crossed I get it Friday/Saturday.
TheStoner
View Profile
Regular user
176 Posts

Profile of TheStoner
As the cube is ungimmicked you will need to be able to solve the cube one way or the other. My question is - can you use your own cube solution method or do you have to learn Steve's? I can already solve the cube and don't really want to have to learning a new method from scratch just to do Cube3.
pegasus
View Profile
Eternal Order
United Kingdom
10537 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, T.G. Jones wrote:
Quote:

I meant there's no guarantee of the product being released in time.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
I see what you mean pegasus. Very clear now. I'm still hoping Dominic will send to his customers on Thursday. If not then Mark from Saturn Magic has a valid point. I guess we'll see one way or another in a couple of days. Cheers, Tony.
Peter Nardi
View Profile
Inner circle
2238 Posts

Profile of Peter Nardi
Hi Guys,
We have a special pre-order deal running on Cube 3 over at Alakazam. If you pre-order from the first batch (stock level indicator will let you know if you are in the first batch) you will receive Mark Elsdons fantastic Rubik Remembered Instant streaming video delivered direct to your Alakazam account for FREE. (Just remember to be logged in to your account and tick the box at time of ordering Cube3)
Check it out here http://www.alakazam.co.uk/product-Cube-3......age.html
Regards
Peter
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Thanks Peter. Very tempting offer. I was just about to submit my order to MOM when your offer popped up. When will you be sending Cube3 to customers? This Thurday or next week? Thanks, Tony.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
Just an observation. This thread isn't two pages long yet and six dealers have jumped on-board to tempt us to buy through them. As a new member I read through the rules and there's one that sticks in the mind. That latest & greatest doesn't allow for obvious commercial posts i.e. pre-orders, shipping dates, special offers etc... As things currently stand it's more of a marketplace than an area to discuss the hype surrounding new releases. Is this the norm?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Cube3 by Steven Brundage presale (101 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..8..11..14..17..20~21~22 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL