The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom by Peter Eggink (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..15~16~17 [Next]
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
422 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
Thanks, mikenewman Smile

Hope to clear up a few questions here:

Durability: The gimmick is VERY well made. With proper use it'll last almost forever. I can't see this gimmick wear out easily unless you go crazy and out of your way, and want it to break.

Angles: As for angles, I would say that the routines offered with Phantom are "angle proof", only with one specific effect you'll want to be "aware" of a certain aspect which is nothing major at all in terms of angle issues or practicality.

Practicality: This is designed to be a worker. Yes, you can easily perform this ANYWHERE in your act: in the middle, end or beginning. No set-up or awkward unnatural handlings here.

The possibilities are only limited by your imagination -the more creative you are the more effects you're able to create using this gimmick!

Let me know if you have any questions and I do my best to answer them the best I can.

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Thanks Peter, you answered all my questions without forgetting any !! Smile

I wish you a big success with your latest creation. Can't wait to test it in the field.

Best regards

Jack
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1030 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, Peter Eggink wrote:
Thanks, mikenewman Smile

Hope to clear up a few questions here:

Durability: The gimmick is VERY well made. With proper use it'll last almost forever. I can't see this gimmick wear out easily unless you go crazy and out of your way, and want it to break.

Angles: As for angles, I would say that the routines offered with Phantom are "angle proof", only with one specific effect you'll want to be "aware" of a certain aspect which is nothing major at all in terms of angle issues or practicality.

Practicality: This is designed to be a worker. Yes, you can easily perform this ANYWHERE in your act: in the middle, end or beginning. No set-up or awkward unnatural handlings here.

The possibilities are only limited by your imagination -the more creative you are the more effects you're able to create using this gimmick!

Let me know if you have any questions and I do my best to answer them the best I can.

Peter

I have "known" you for a long time Peter, I knew you would answer... Smile
Still using Ghost Tag, it still works great! Teens actaully enjoy it the most. And older kids (6-12), so I guess I should say 'All the kids are enjoying it'!

Anyways,
This looks great! I have had a few "haunted" decks, but this looks and sounds great.
On my list....

Thanks again for your responses, we all appreciate it

Mike
dman11
View Profile
Special user
PA
533 Posts

Profile of dman11
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, dman11 wrote:
Streaming tutorial? I'm out, not a fan of having to be logged in somewhere to watch a video

Well, I hope this comes with streaming tutorial. So there's a chance penguin can send it with flat-packed.

I understand your point, but it should be downloadable not just a stream
paw
View Profile
Loyal user
239 Posts

Profile of paw
Hey Guys -
Patrick From Murphy's here.

I think this is one of those products that everyone is going to want once they know how it works. It's basically self working, you can apply it to so many different routines/effects.

Borrowed items? no problem! no body hook-ups, etc. this is really a cool 007 type thing.

Great work Peter!

p
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
Streaming tutorial? I'm out, not a fan of having to be logged in somewhere to watch a video

Well, I hope this comes with streaming tutorial. So there's a chance penguin can send it with flat-packed.

I understand your point, but it should be downloadable not just a stream

Yes, I agree. It should be downloadable too.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
No electronic ? Smile
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Can't wait to read the first impression/review on it ... I'm very curious about the "get ready" to make these miracles happen, but since we're talking about Peter Eggink here, I'm pretty confident.

Jack
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
Wait for reviews Smile
Dominic Reyes
View Profile
Inner circle
Got to a gig too early so wrote his
1404 Posts

Profile of Dominic Reyes
Quote:
On Aug 27, 2015, paw wrote:
Hey Guys -
Patrick From Murphy's here.

I think this is one of those products that everyone is going to want once they know how it works. It's basically self working, you can apply it to so many different routines/effects.

Borrowed items? no problem! no body hook-ups, etc. this is really a cool 007 type thing.

Great work Peter!

p

Patrick is spot on here. Even if you play with magic for your own personal fun and never perform, you will love the gimmick, it's genius. If you do perform, then I'm sure you will be using this at gigs!
FrankieF
View Profile
Veteran user
So Cal
334 Posts

Profile of FrankieF
Well I put in my pre-order, well see how this turns out.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Me too - but its not preorder anymore.... yay! I am keeping my hopes up... it looks great on the video
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
So! Phantom! God, the trailer got me excited. I was lucky enough to have Peter send me a unit, and in the meanwhile, get to check out the streaming/downloadable tutorial video that accompanies the gimmick. And my initial thoughts are - this is AWESOME!

The gimmick hides in plain sight and would never be picked up on my the spectator. It is a very James Bond style utility which allows you to really perform those classic gimmicked card effects with a borrowed and examinable pack of cards. You start and end clean and you can hand the deck straight to the spectator to examine to their hearts content. It looks like it should last for almost forever with due care, however I will comment on the quality of the gimmick when I receive it (not that I doubt it's quality).

The download goes over a few ideas using this gimmick. There is a rising card, in which a card is selected, signed and returned into the deck, which is then placed in the box. Then under your complete control, the card rises out of the pack, slowly and beautifully. You are then completely clean and can hand out the card, deck and box out for examination.

Next was a haunted pack, which I absolutely loved. The pack is placed onto your palm and with no finger movements, the pack cuts slowly to the selected card.

Next was the Genie in a Bottle effect, in which a borrowed and signed bottle unscrews itself and falls to the floor. I loved this abastract effect, it is unexpected and you could really play this up to be huge and spiritual (if that's your thing). Once again, you end completely clean and can give the bottle right back to the spectator.

Also covered on the DVD, is a way to vanish a coin (or any other small object) using the gimmick.

The download is very well produced and Peter teaches everything clearly and methodically, including recaps after the explanation of each effect. Absolutely no issues here.

So if you are on the fence, I would say go for it. This is one of the coolest methods I have seen in a while, and you can get crazy creative with this. So James Bond, so usable and so darn sneaky!

I will post my video review, complete with performances, when I receive my unit. I hope this helped some people out contemplating the purchase of Phantom Smile

- James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7534 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Thank you James. Sounds very good indeed.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
Next was the Genie in a Bottle effect, in which a borrowed and signed bottle unscrews itself and falls to the floor. I loved this abastract effect, it is unexpected and you could really play this up to be huge and spiritual (if that's your thing). Once again, you end completely clean and can give the bottle right back to the spectator.

Imagine using this and smoke suddenly appear from inside the bottle after the cap is open.. And then you reach the smoke and take the spec's signed card from the smoke. Hmm..
Mejais
View Profile
New user
88 Posts

Profile of Mejais
Do you need some time for the setup?
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
Quote:
On Aug 30, 2015, Mejais wrote:

Nope, set up is done right in front of the spectator and its invisible.
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Jack Poulin
View Profile
Regular user
Canada
158 Posts

Profile of Jack Poulin
Mejais wrote:

James Conti wrote :
Nope, set up is done right in front of the spectator and its invisible

.... this starts to look too good to be true ... but I still have faith, since we're talking about Peter Eggink here. Smile

Jack
Porturtle
View Profile
New user
9 Posts

Profile of Porturtle
The video has me hooked. I will be picking one of these up soon. The bottle trick will be perfect for a spirit effect while doing walk around.
markhitton
View Profile
Special user
948 Posts

Profile of markhitton
I do not understant if it is something I must apply to the objects or not
I am with finger on payp button Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom by Peter Eggink (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL