The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom by Peter Eggink (97 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7499 Posts

Profile of pegasus
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2015, PRINCE wrote:
This thread should keep going - if I was tempted to buy this (and from the trailer I would be) then just before I hit the buy button to check on here, this thread would save me and I would be so grateful


Alternatively you could conduct a search. Very good search engine on here now.
PRINCE
View Profile
Inner circle
1448 Posts

Profile of PRINCE
Yep the search engine is really good - but still like the awareness of this fiasco keeping in the limelight. Not that it makes a difference, but it shows that we as consumers are not prepared to put up with this so hopefully potential deceitful trailers and potential misleading ads and products, will get named and shamed.
James Conti
View Profile
Elite user
My mum isn't too pleased about my
425 Posts

Profile of James Conti
HUGE UPDATE:

I had a lot of issues with Phantom. I couldn't get the darn thing to do what it was supposed to do. The rising card didn't work, the haunted deck was unpredictable, but the bottle trick was fine. I just got off a Skype jam with Mr Eggink and he helped me out so much!

We realised that the downloadable video didn't cover the minor touches and subtleties which allow the gimmick to work. I could never do the rising card, but he covered the notes he missed in the tutorial, and it is 100% sure fire now. No joke. And it's the small things that make the big difference. Same with the haunted pack, I am having a far more successful performance with it too. I am genuinely having fun with this gimmick now.

After chatting with Peter, he said he will be making a new tutorial video for those who have purchased Phantom, covering all the parts he missed and that are crucial for the effect to work. He said he will aim for in a week or so, but could be sooner or later.

I hope this helps someone. I can attest to my gimmick working 100% now, and I am glad Peter is taking care of those who have purchased Phantom and will be making this new video to cover the points missed in the original.

James
Check out my teenage point of view magic reviews here:
http://ireviewmagic.weebly.com

Watch my reviews here - https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVbu_9bC71_H8BYM8YL9geg
Ustaad
View Profile
Inner circle
Iindia - States
5595 Posts

Profile of Ustaad
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2015, James Conti wrote:

[/b]HUGE UPDATE:

I had a lot of issues with Phantom. I couldn't get the darn thing to do what it was supposed to do. The rising card didn't work, the haunted deck was unpredictable, but the bottle trick was fine. I just got off a Skype jam with Mr Eggink and he helped me out so much!

We realised that the downloadable video didn't cover the minor touches and subtleties which allow the gimmick to work. I could never do the rising card, but he covered the notes he missed in the tutorial, and it is 100% sure fire now. No joke. And it's the small things that make the big difference. Same with the haunted pack, I am having a far more successful performance with it too. I am genuinely having fun with this gimmick now.[/b]


I feel that Peter and his team have got into the habit of serving half-baked effect. This happened with Peter's Haunted Deck and now it is the same with Phantom. Such things happen when one tries to hurriedly putout effects in the market.

If one has the time, I suggest that you read just one page on Peter's Haunted 2.0 thread. This is exactly what happened to his originally released Haunted which was improved (in its working and method) later bringing out Haunted 2.0 but at the cost of putting additional burden on the original purchasers of Haunted (I'll call it 1.0). Here is the page: http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rt=90#20

Smile
MAGIC is a SECRET, without the SECRET, there is no MAGIC.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2015, James Conti wrote:
HUGE UPDATE:

I had a lot of issues with Phantom. I couldn't get the darn thing to do what it was supposed to do. The rising card didn't work, the haunted deck was unpredictable, but the bottle trick was fine. I just got off a Skype jam with Mr Eggink and he helped me out so much!

We realised that the downloadable video didn't cover the minor touches and subtleties which allow the gimmick to work. I could never do the rising card, but he covered the notes he missed in the tutorial, and it is 100% sure fire now. No joke. And it's the small things that make the big difference. Same with the haunted pack, I am having a far more successful performance with it too. I am genuinely having fun with this gimmick now.

After chatting with Peter, he said he will be making a new tutorial video for those who have purchased Phantom, covering all the parts he missed and that are crucial for the effect to work. He said he will aim for in a week or so, but could be sooner or later.

I hope this helps someone. I can attest to my gimmick working 100% now, and I am glad Peter is taking care of those who have purchased Phantom and will be making this new video to cover the points missed in the original.

James


To be honest, your post really helpful (at least to me). I did said that I'm asking for returning the product to Hocus Pocus (still no reply, though. I just checked my email. Nope. Still no mail from them. Beside the promotional mails). That request is based on the reviews here saying that the gimmick is not working properly. The other stuff like the knacky handling and "not so comfortable" method. I still can accept it. But, there's no way I want to paid for broken gimmick. So, thank you, James and Peter too.

Although, I still not sure if Hocus Pocus sent my purchase or not.
T.G. Jones
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of T.G. Jones
So I take it you don't agree with what Hocus Pocus said about the product at the start of this thread?

"Phantom is crazy. Peter Eggink has killed it with this product. Wanted to let you all know there is an incredible coin retention vanish that is taught with this in addition to the card and bottle routines that are shown in the video. All borrowed items makes this even better!"
Mark8infiniti
View Profile
Special user
529 Posts

Profile of Mark8infiniti
Please let this thread die like the woeful, insulting, sewage product it is. Phantom doesn't deserve to be talked about for a second longer, until the WORST TRICK OF 2015 thread is opened of course.
Mark iNFiNiTi
Creator of Revelation Gum
Join the Revelation @ Saturnmagic.co.uk/revelationgum
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
To be honest, I can't make comment to your post yet. I haven't received my order. What I want is a confirmation from HP that they already received my payment and sent my order. Now I'm not even sure if they've recieved my email. They did replied on my first email, though. I'll try emailing the same thing again to them. I hope this time they'll reply back to me.
Peter Eggink
View Profile
V.I.P.
Netherlands
422 Posts

Profile of Peter Eggink
In addition to James' post, IF you found some issues in performing one of the phantom effects -this is not the gimmick malfunction but the result of some user issues that can be easily fixed. Just a few pointers really. The Phantom gimmicks work all perfectly -I checked and packed them all personally. IF for some reason one or two slipped through the quality control process and you received an factory faulty unit by accident, I'll be happy to send out a replacement at zero cost.

Will try to make a video this week as James mentioned.

Peter
https://www.deceptivedreamz.com/product-page/cash-card-by-armanujjaman-abir-peter-eggink

CA$H CARD -a brand new credit card to bill...and vice versa!
Jack Straw
View Profile
Special user
Wichita
861 Posts

Profile of Jack Straw
User issues.

That 'splains it!
Jack Straw from Wichita, cut his buddy down
And dug for him a shallow grave, and laid his body down
Half a mile from Tucson, by the morning light
One man gone and another to go, my old buddy you're moving much too slow
We can share the women, we can share the wine
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2015, Jack Straw wrote:
User issues.

That 'splains it!


"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
England
7499 Posts

Profile of pegasus
You fools. The only thing to do now, for those that returned this 007 device, is to re-order and wait for the proper video-explanation to materialise. Smile
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
192 Posts

Profile of Wardy
If someone can post a video of the bottle trick working at least 3 times in a row I might put some more time into trying to make that work. Thanks.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Sep 14, 2015, Wardy wrote:
If someone can post a video of the bottle trick working at least 3 times in a row I might put some more time into trying to make that work. Thanks.



"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, Wardy wrote:
If someone can post a video of the bottle trick working at least 3 times in a row I might put some more time into trying to make that work. Thanks.


This looks like a job for... JAMES CONTI!

*ehem!* by all means, I don't intend for James to put the video on public. You can PM the video to Wardy instead, James. That's if you want too, of course.
Wardy
View Profile
Regular user
Sydney, Australia
192 Posts

Profile of Wardy
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, Wardy wrote:
If someone can post a video of the bottle trick working at least 3 times in a row I might put some more time into trying to make that work. Thanks.


This looks like a job for... JAMES CONTI!

*ehem!* by all means, I don't intend for James to put the video on public. You can PM the video to Wardy instead, James. That's if you want too, of course.


Hahaha The challenge has been set!

I would love to be able to perform genie in bottle, it is a pain in the arse though to have to fool around with the gimmick and the pen to write/draw on the bottle.If anyone can seriously pull this off repeatedly I'd love some tips.
daniltan
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of daniltan
Just wanna chime in to tell that I finally get this on my hand. Thank you HP! The gimmick seems working perfectly. Haven't got the time to even finishing the video tutorial, though. But, I tried the rising card effect. No skill required-- but, yes! You still need to practice. Handling seems okay. Not that (OMG, why do you have to hold it like that?) weird, just like you normally holding it. These are my list of opinions:

  1. No invisible thread - True. It's definitely not an IT.
  2. No loops - No.
  3. No elastic - No. No elastic. Yes, you're right. It's something else.
  4. No skill - but, need to practice.
  5. No magnet - No.
  6. All borrowed items - Sure. To other magician, maybe. Laymen doesn't carry a deck and sharpie with her all the time.
  7. Easy to do with zero sleight of hand - True. This is when you handling the gimmick. Not before.
  8. Always ready to go - I won't keep it all the time in my pocket. But, to set it work is easy. Just take it and place it in your pocket. You're ready to go.
  9. Instant reset - Yes, if you do it the way Peter teach.
  10. Extremely well made gimmick - Still waiting for the new tutorial video. And I just use it for rising card only. Haven't test the others yet.

Do I like my purchase? Until now, it's okay. I get one cool gimmick. Can't use it right away, though. Until I'm sure I can do it perfectly.

THE *** THAT DOESN'T W****
I post this one in the secret session.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, daniltan wrote:
Just wanna chime in to tell that I finally get this on my hand. Thank you HP! The gimmick seems working perfectly. Haven't got the time to even finishing the video tutorial, though. But, I tried the rising card effect. No skill required-- but, yes! You still need to practice. Handling seems okay. Not that (OMG, why do you have to hold it like that?) weird, just like you normally holding it. These are my list of opinions:

  1. No invisible thread - True. It's definitely not an IT.
  2. No loops - No.
  3. No elastic - No. No elastic. Yes, you're right. It's something else.
  4. No skill - but, need to practice.
  5. No magnet - No.
  6. All borrowed items - Sure. To other magician, maybe. Laymen doesn't carry a deck and sharpie with her all the time.
  7. Easy to do with zero sleight of hand - True. This is when you handling the gimmick. Not before.
  8. Always ready to go - I won't keep it all the time in my pocket. But, to set it work is easy. Just take it and place it in your pocket. You're ready to go.
  9. Instant reset - Yes, if you do it the way Peter teach.
  10. Extremely well made gimmick - Still waiting for the new tutorial video. And I just use it for rising card only. Haven't test the others yet.

Do I like my purchase? Until now, it's okay. I get one cool gimmick. Can't use it right away, though. Until I'm sure I can do it perfectly.

THE *** THAT DOESN'T W****
I post this one in the secret session.


That reminds me of this.... especially around the 50 second mark in the video....

"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
mikenewman
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland! Back home and Thrilled!
1026 Posts

Profile of mikenewman
But yet.....
You can use it for fishing!

Click here to view attached image.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10571 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Quote:
On Sep 15, 2015, mikenewman wrote:
But yet.....
You can use it for fishing!



Sorry the one in the picture actually has INK - the Phantom has none!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Phantom by Peter Eggink (97 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..6..9..12..14~15~16~17 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.25 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL