The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free World Charter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (63 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3..14..24..34..44..54..55~56~57 [Next]
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Finally someone put it into words people will (hopefully) be able to understand ... we make everything free:

http://www.freeworldcharter.org/en

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
Tom Jorgenson
View Profile
Inner circle
LOOSE ANGLES, CALIFORNIA
4451 Posts

Profile of Tom Jorgenson
...and a muffled explosion is heard from inside Ayn Rand's crypt.
We dance an invisible dance to music they cannot hear.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I forced myself to Watch it all the way through and not fast forward hoping for a punch line. Nope turns out that guy is serious.

Idiotic concept.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Some of the greatest civilizations on earth were created without the use of any "money", such as the Egyptian empires ... they didn't spend a single penny to build their great pyramids. There is not enough money on earth for us to build another pyramid today, as we don't know how they actually built them.

And yet somehow ... Danny manages to call them the "idiots" with a straight face - lmfao - get a clue - for the love of money is the root of all evil. Smile

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
You seriously think the pyramids were built with no money? Dude your great conciliation used slave labor to do it!

You think everyone volunteered to build those? And you have the nerve to tell me to get a clue? How do you talk to someone like this?

And by the way there is lots and lots of evidence how they built them and they indeed could be built today. Problem is we don't have slave labor to exploit. Top say we can not build them because it isn't cost effective is one thing. To say we can't build them is just wrong.

Lmfao? Yes indeed it is like talking to Slim. Oh lord.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
First, slaves did not build the pyramids. http://news.discovery.com/history/ancien......gypt.htm

Second, the Egyptians used a "barter" system until about 500 BC, by which time the pyramids had been long finished. http://classroom.synonym.com/ancient-egy......775.html

Those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it, wise up Danny ... for the love of money is the root of all evil.

-JoeJoe
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Barter is economically inefficient.
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
721 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, JoeJoe wrote:
... for the love of money is the root of all evil.

Indeed the LOVE of money, not money, is the root of all evil. The problem lies within people and their desires, not within the objects used as currency. In a barter system, the love problem would still exist, but with different objects of affection.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
The barter system just changes what money is and as Bill states is inefficient. The idiotic concept you put forth is to wipe out money. Barter is not free. It is not the idiotic idea you linked to.

Joe Joe you claim those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do not understand and comprehend hosiery are in worse shape. That is you.

I am sure the Israelites will be happy to hear there was no reason for alarm. They were not slaves at all.

Let me guess. Does it have to do with aliens?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Aug 25, 2015, Tom Jorgenson wrote:
...and a muffled explosion is heard from inside Ayn Rand's crypt.

Whether it worked or not, it would be worth it for that alone. Smile
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2889 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, Dannydoyle wrote:
The barter system just changes what money is and as Bill states is inefficient. The idiotic concept you put forth is to wipe out money. Barter is not free. It is not the idiotic idea you linked to.

Joe Joe you claim those that don't know history are doomed to repeat it. Those who do not understand and comprehend hosiery are in worse shape. That is you.

I am sure the Israelites will be happy to hear there was no reason for alarm. They were not slaves at all.

Let me guess. Does it have to do with aliens?

I don't know if the Israelites were actually slaves or not. I DO know that research has shown that the pyramids were built as a way to get unemployed Egyptian youth working. Sort of a pre-American WPA if you will. The pyramids are not mentioned once in the Old Testament. Exodous says the Israeli slaves built ''Treasure Cities'' which is to say places for grain storage.
"...and if you're too afraid of goin' astray, you won't go anywhere." - Granny Weatherwax
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
The Free World Charter is not a barter proposal; I only reference the pyramids as in my talking with people about money, they usually seem to believe that money has always existed - no - in terms of overall human history, money is a new concept.

In fact, money as we know it has only existed for the last four hundred years ... before that money was actual gold and silver and not just pieces of paper. It is a monumental change in mindset, as money no longer has any connection to nature what-so-ever (not even a useless one).

In a "free world", everything is free ... you need a TV, go to walmart and they give you a TV. The reason people can't see this working is because they assume people will hoard all the TVs for themselves ... no ... the TVs have no value, they can't be sold thus there is no reason to hoard them.

It starts with the food - growing your own food is like printing your own money, now imagine entire communities doing it: http://foodisfreeproject.org

-JoeJoe
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes idiotic. Why reference Egypt when it had nothing to do with anything?

If everything is free how does the TV get built and to Wal Mart exactly?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
The reason people can't see this working is because they assume people will hoard all the TVs for themselves ... no ... the TVs have no value, they can't be sold thus there is no reason to hoard them.

The reason you assume that people won't hoard TVs for themselves appears to be that you think people hoard things only because they think that they can sell them.

I believe that you're mistaken.

I believe that if everything were free:

• People would hoard stuff
  • People (and companies) would stop producing stuff
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Danny - I referenced it because it has to do with the history of money, which you seem to don't know.

The TV gets to walmart exactly the same way it does now ... on a truck, duh. The free world charter is not about getting rid of trucks ... it is about getting rid of money.

-JoeJoe
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1915 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, S2000magician wrote:

Considering that most of the stuff being produced is nothing more than garbage, then the new money-free system would be doing exactly what it should do. That is to say, companies would start making products they believed in again and not just putting out garbage for the sole purpose of "profit". Just go to the "latest and greatest" forum and ponder about how much better the magic market would be if all the garbage was not there.

People hoard stuff because they believe it has value, it is a consequence of money ... eliminate money, you will eliminate a lot of hoarding. Native Americans fished until they were fed; it would be "unprofitable" to expend calories on food that would be rotten before they could eat it. Everything was in balance with nature.

It is when man can convert fish into metal that he will fish every fish in the river, because the gold will last in his warehouse for his entire lifetime. Money creates a society of lazy people that have caused animals go extinct and threatens the Earth's ability to sustain life.

-JoeJoe
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
Quote:
On Aug 26, 2015, S2000magician wrote:

People hoard stuff because they believe it has value, it is a consequence of money . . . .

That's a statement that wants evidence to back it up.

Writing it don't make it so.
Kabbalah
View Profile
Inner circle
1621 Posts

Profile of Kabbalah
I have seen many stupid threads and ideas here on the Café.

This is the epitome.
"Long may magicians fascinate and continue to be fascinated by the mystery potential in a pack of cards."
~Cliff Green

"The greatest tricks ever performed are not done at all. The audience simply think they see them."
~ John Northern Hilliard
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
If everything were free, why would a farmer, for example, grow any more food than needed to feed his family?
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Please don't read this as support for the Charter.

Social organization is everything. Many peoples have lived in sustainable social groups without much by the way of economics. (Pre-contact Inuit, for example.) It's not out of the question, but it's not obvious that people will live in such a way.

Hard to imagine what the transition from the current economic reality to a future state would/could look like. Really hard.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Free World Charter » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (63 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..14..24..34..44..54..55~56~57 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL