The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Magic Magazine Digital Back Issues ?? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
Does anyone know if Magic Magazine plan on making the back issues available digitally much like the Genii website ? Interestingly I noted that if you search the Ask Alexander database under all materials the Magic Magazines appear to be on there and you can search their content so they have obviously been scanned but not available as part of the subscription packages. Seems a shame that a lot of great card material from the Talk About Tricks and Inside Out columns is buried in past issues that are no longer available to buy.
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I believe that the magazine you see in the Alexander database is not the same as Stan Allen's magazine. I only have Charlier level access, so I can't say for sure, but if it is what is listed under the Hofzinser or Erdnase levels then they are not the same.

Send Stan an email. He's usually pretty quick to reply.
magicphill
View Profile
Veteran user
359 Posts

Profile of magicphill
It's the correct magazine but you can only view them on a search basis along with the rest of the conjuring arts library
Magiguy
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
5472 Posts

Profile of Magiguy
I've been a CARC subscriber for years and I really don't think Stan's magazine is on there as a digital edition (but I could be wrong). Stan has been digitizing the magazine at least since January 2014, so if you are a subscriber you would have access to the digital issues via the Magic website.
Bill Mullins
View Profile
New user
90 Posts

Profile of Bill Mullins
There are things that you can see on computers that are actually in the CARC Library offices that you can't see remotely. Magic Magazine may be one of them. Whether or not they can legally send images out over the internet to remote subscribers depends on your subscription level, whether or not the book/magazine is in the public domain, and whether or not the copyright owner has given them permission to send stuff out.

But in the offices, they can (legally) scan and display pretty much everything they have an actual paper copy of -- U.S. Copyright law gives libraries a special exemption for that.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » MAGIC - The Magazine For Magicians » » Magic Magazine Digital Back Issues ?? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL