The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Mentality (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1063 Posts

Profile of Nash
Tips for aspiring magicians: When you first started your career, everyone besides your family/friends will ignore you. Most of the time they won't even give you a chance to see what incredible talents you have. Don't get discouraged, and mostly, don't resent them, for in one day they might be your biggest fans.

Instead of blaming your lack of success on "well people won't give me a chance". Change your game. Do something so incredible that they have NO CHOICE but to be curious about you, to acknowledge you, to recognize your talent. Remember, no one owes you anything, you owe it to yourself to make your presence known to the world.

We live in an age where we have ample of vehicles to express our talents, so go to the world today, and do something INCREDIBLE.
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate magician - Nash Fung
Mike ODonnell
View Profile
Loyal user
Chicago
210 Posts

Profile of Mike ODonnell
Spot on!
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9769 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On Sep 4, 2015, Nash wrote:
Tips for aspiring magicians: When you first started your career, everyone besides your family/friends will ignore you. Most of the time they won't even give you a chance to see what incredible talents you have.



No performer has incredible talents when first starting their career. It is learned, practiced, acquired and evolved. Worrying about this is worrying about the wrong thing, especially in the beginning. You goal is to develop and progress your skills, talent and abilities, not worry about impressing family, friends, girls or others at this stage.
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
Sorry brother NASH, but, Mindpro and I are in total agreement
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20035 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yes I didn't want to burst a bubble but they is probably the exact opposite of what I would think.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1063 Posts

Profile of Nash
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
No performer has incredible talents when first starting their career. It is learned, practiced, acquired and evolved. Worrying about this is worrying about the wrong thing, especially in the beginning. You goal is to develop and progress your skills, talent and abilities, not worry about impressing family, friends, girls or others at this stage.


Hheemm, you might have completely misread my message and missed my key point.
Smile
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate magician - Nash Fung
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20035 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On Sep 10, 2015, Nash wrote:
Quote:
On Sep 9, 2015, Mindpro wrote:
No performer has incredible talents when first starting their career. It is learned, practiced, acquired and evolved. Worrying about this is worrying about the wrong thing, especially in the beginning. You goal is to develop and progress your skills, talent and abilities, not worry about impressing family, friends, girls or others at this stage.


Hheemm, you might have completely misread my message and missed my key point.
Smile


No I think we got the message and the point. We just disagree.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Nash
View Profile
Inner circle
Hong Kong ~ USA
1063 Posts

Profile of Nash
Soooo, the person who wrote the note, know what the message was, tell you that you had missed it, and you are going to disagree with him? LOL.

Not sure how some of you got the idea that I told people not to focus on improving their acts?
In fact I clearly said "change your game, do something incredible"

My point was don't focus too much of your energy on those who shut you down before even giving you a chance to showcase your talent. Don't resent them. We encounter these people a lot in the beginning of our careers. Rather, focus on making yourself better, focus on making your act so incredible, focus on doing something so incredible that they can't help but acknowledge your talent. So basically the same thing MindPro said but in different words.

cheers,
Don't give up, don't EVER give up.

Corporate magician - Nash Fung
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Mentality (2 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL