The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Phone Answering Services (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
I am in need of a phone answering service and would like to know what experience others have in this area. Any companies you would recommend? What exactly do you use them for (message taking, gather specific info...)? How specific of a script do you provide? Thanks in advance.

Josh
Mindpro
View Profile
Eternal Order
10606 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
I have tried them before and it never worked sufficiently for our needs. If all your looking for is a professional service to offer a live person to answer your phones, this can be fine. The problem in our situation was all of our marketing and promotional efforts are designed to get them to call. When they call they are seeking specific information and when using these services I don't care for the let down they received. Yes, they got a live person but someone who can't offer them the info they need, so they are really just a live message-taker. They still will have to wait to be contacted back by someone who can actually assist them.

Again, if all of your needs are just to provide a live person to take a message these services can be fine, or to use them to offer a basic or simple message, so I guess it depends on your specific needs and applications.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Thanks for the feedback. I understand your concerns with these services. My issue is that I have a full time day job that doesn't allow me to answer my phone from 8 to 3. I don't want to lose potential clients to a voicemail. Any other ideas considering my situation? Again, thanks for taking the time to share your experience.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
First you have to figure out exactly how much you are actually losing. How many calls go unanswered? If it is such a staggering amount hire a minimum wage person and train them.

Then train them to make sales calls as well. If you are not losing enough then leave it alone.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mary Mowder
View Profile
Inner circle
Sacramento / Elk Grove, CA
3662 Posts

Profile of Mary Mowder
All I can say is I use the cheap ATT one from Walmart and it sounds muddy and garbled brand new.

Too bad we can't hear the sound quality before buying.

-Mary Mowder
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I use evoice. It's not a live person answering, but it gives me several advantages. I can have several redirect phone numbers in different parts of the country that I work in, which makes people more comfortable when they give me a call. Also, I can have a digitally recorded message from them, or one that's custom which is also included in the price. I hired a voice actor of my choosing to do mine. For me, it's a great way to avoid giving out my real number, and it allows me to skip the calls that are east coast based and allow them to be forwarded to my manager who takes care of that. Also, it's just another way to let your customer know you take your business seriously. A professional phone system sounds great, and it's extremely inexpensive.
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Thanks for all the feedback.
rossmacrae
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, Virginia
2477 Posts

Profile of rossmacrae
Get a business line (land line). When you're out, forward it to your cel ... voila! It's always you answering!
See the BALLYCAST Sideshow Blog & Podcast

There is no "way to peace." Peace is the way.
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
Quote:
On Sep 6, 2015, rossmacrae wrote:
Get a business line (land line). When you're out, forward it to your cel ... voila! It's always you answering!

The issue is that I can't normally answer my phone during the week before 3:30.
JoshLondonMagic
View Profile
Special user
675 Posts

Profile of JoshLondonMagic
How many voice messages do you get vs. email or contact form submissions?

For myself, I get a ratio of about 10 emails/form submissions to every 1 voice mail.

Point is, why spend money chasing 4 people a month who decide to call?

Josh
Josh
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Yea that was sort of what I thought.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Mr. F
View Profile
Loyal user
Kentucky
247 Posts

Profile of Mr. F
All good points.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricky business » » Phone Answering Services (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL