The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic with balloon animals? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
SheikMozart
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of SheikMozart
I was watching the Morgan and West Penguin Live lecture and really loved their "balloon animals of death" routine. What are some other balloon animal routines that are worth checking out?
plink
View Profile
Special user
661 Posts

Profile of plink
Hobson's balloon dog in bag
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
What is balloon animals of death about?
As far as balloon tricks there is zig zag balloon. Bill in balloon dog. Cut and restored 260q to name a few..
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Don Caldwell has a book that is available for free on balloonhq called The Things That Fell Out Of My Head. It's great. He also has two videos on balloon-animals.com called balloon gags vol. 1 and 2. The book and the two videos show simple tricks using balloons. Some of them are magic tricks. Others are gags that involve no magic. He doesn't do full routines on the videos, but shows the trick and you can develop a routine.

He does a trick called the Big Book of Balloons. His full routine is described in that free book I mentioned.

There is also the balloon swallow that doesn't use balloon animals, but uses a 260.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The best balloon trick is swallowing a balloon, explained in my DVD and Justin Meitz's DVD. I get ten minutes of fun out of it.
danielluskmagic
View Profile
New user
96 Posts

Profile of danielluskmagic
Second on Hobson's. I have done it hundreds of times.
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
I have many balloon bits in my show but Jeff Hobsons is my fav.

during my national tour I ended up putting in the show after the first month on the road to try out and left it in for the rest of the tour. 360 shows in 38 weeks and every show this was the trick I waited to perform! I worked on it all the time to spice it up and add to it. I love it and personally thanked Jeff recently for creating this awesome trick.

you can see my take on the trick here
www.deafinitelymagic.com
its the 3rd video of the 4 small blocks under the video player. (you see me looking at a kid laughing - that is my doggie bag routine

i cant remember who it was but the name george comes to mind as he had a mind reading trick with balloons that he shared with every one some time ago.
i never added it in but its always been in the back of my mind to work out a routine with it.

and steve bedwells - balloon swallow is an awesome effect that I have performed countless times as well. but not in my school shows.
sam
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
MagieFraudster
View Profile
New user
95 Posts

Profile of MagieFraudster
Get a lineup of 5 or 6 kids and make them all different balloon hats; have someone eliminate down to one and reveal your prediction (you can also have the selected person pick a card and have the color of hat and the card predicted)
knick23
View Profile
New user
Wales
83 Posts

Profile of knick23
George Quinn aka magic George has a balloon mind reading bit, perhaps that's who you're thinking of? He's posted the routine on the magic Café if anyone's interested.
knick23
View Profile
New user
Wales
83 Posts

Profile of knick23
Sorry, it's posted on the magic bistro!
Sam Sandler
View Profile
Inner circle
2485 Posts

Profile of Sam Sandler
Yes that's it! thanks.
sam sandler- America's only full-time DEAF Illusionist
http://www.samsandler.com
http://www.deafinitelymagic.com
shomemagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Missouri
2211 Posts

Profile of shomemagic
Morgan and West open their Penguin Live Lecture with an effect with balloon animals, that is very funny, a bit long but well worth taking a look at.
Magically,

Mike King - Sho-Me Magic

You can e-mail me at: shomemagic@gmail.com
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8663 Posts

Profile of harris
Years ago someone (perhaps Phil Goldstein?) did a ballon ball appearing inside an inflated 260.
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Amazing Magic Co
View Profile
Inner circle
1680 Posts

Profile of Amazing Magic Co
I just attended a terrific lecture with Buster Balloon who has some great balloon magic routines including Balloon to Cane, The Adventures of Cannonball Pete, Card in Giant Balloon Dog, and the Big Book of Stuff. All first rate routines.

Dan.
Howie Diddot
View Profile
Inner circle
San Francisco & Los Angeles California
3283 Posts

Profile of Howie Diddot
Quote:
On Sep 17, 2015, knick23 wrote:
Sorry, it's posted on the magic bistro!

I was under the impression the Magic Bistro died for lack of interest
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
I thought that too, Buzz, since I can log in there but it doesn't seem to do anything or take me anywhere. Of course, it could be I am banned, who knows?
Silvertongue
View Profile
Inner circle
One day I will die leaving behind
2424 Posts

Profile of Silvertongue
I cannot believe that even now in the 21st century magicians are still using balloon animals. So cruel!
For as long as space exists,
And living beings remain in cyclic existence,
For that long, may I too remain,
to dispel the sufferings of the world.
-Shantideva

Engaging in the Conduct of a Bodhisattva
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
The Magic Bistro didn't die, but it moved to facebook. I didn't follow it because I preferred the old version. But I was alone in that.
Mr. Woolery
View Profile
Inner circle
Fairbanks, AK
1780 Posts

Profile of Mr. Woolery
Aldo Colombini had a routine in which a balloon dog finds a selected card. Cute and lots of room for byplay.

Just adding to the list.

Patrick
bigfoot
View Profile
Special user
503 Posts

Profile of bigfoot
Bill in balloon dog came out a several years ago. I used it a lot doing balloons and magic in my younger days.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic with balloon animals? (3 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL