The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic with balloon animals? (3 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
I recently made a balloon dog out of sponge for a gag I use in my kids shows. Lots of possibilities, it compresses flat so you can produce it from anywhere. I have had a few inquiries from other magicians so I also added it to my sponge items for sale, if anyone is interested.

Click here to view attached image.
Karen Climer
View Profile
Veteran user
Orlando, Florida
324 Posts

Profile of Karen Climer
Alexander,

How large is that sponge dog? Where can we buy one?
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
I love that balloon dog, and can see ideas already!
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
They definitely have loads of comedy potential! They are just under 30cm (12 inches) long and +- 15cm (6 inches) high.

At the moment the sponge balloon dogs are only available directly from my site - www.alexander-may.com/html/sponge_items.html

Let me know if you need any help.
TonyB2009
View Profile
Inner circle
5006 Posts

Profile of TonyB2009
Alexander, you have some fantastic stuff there. We are spoilt for choice. Great work.
TKD27
View Profile
Elite user
Wallingford, CT
458 Posts

Profile of TKD27
Magic George's Mind Reading Hat is no longer published, unfortunately. It's a great concept and I use it in every show. I've built on it a lot. The gist of it is this: Have the child select a card from a deck of pictures. Create two basic balloon hats -- one for you, one for the child -- to be "mind reading hats," and then read their mind. Once the mind is read, create the balloon they were thinking of. Magic George suggests miscalling the balloon at first... like... if they picked "giraffe," make a standard one balloon wiener dog and call it a dog. When they say no, rotate the the legs and tail to make the giraffe.

Magic George's routine had talked about using a deck he found that rotated through four picture cards... I forget what they were and the deck wasn't available in the US. But it would go one, two, three, four, one, two, three, four, etc. So you could freely show four cards and suggest that the deck was all different. Then by memorizing the order you can always know the card the selected to peeking at the bottom card.

I use cards I made myself and I simply force the card I want them to get because I've built a lot of gags around creating a specific balloon.

At the end of the day it's simply a "pick a card, this is your card" routine, but it's built around balloons to give you an excuse to use all those wonderful bits of business you can get with them.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13425 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Gret stuff Alexander.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
alexander_may
View Profile
Loyal user
South Africa
296 Posts

Profile of alexander_may
Thank you! I appreciate all the great comments you guys have left regarding the sponge items. I have some good news for those in the US, Penguin Magic will be stocking some of my items in the very near future, so then it will be easier & quicker to buy through them Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Magic with balloon animals? (3 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL